PDA

View Full Version : ESPN draft watch

jazzdelmar
11-27-2017, 06:47 AM
6-10 French PF/C gaining steam in Spokane

Gonzaga sophomore Killian Tillie, a touted French youth prospect who broke out at the under-16 European championships in 2014, is beginning to emerge as a more legitimate draft prospect under Mark Few. Slowed by injuries early in his career, Tillie's combination of size and fluidity at 6-10, along with his leaping ability, strong instincts, budding skill and competitiveness stood out in Portland.

Tillie is a smart passer and cutter who is always around the ball on the glass and is developing nicely as a perimeter shooter, knocking down 4-of-8 3-pointers in Portland, building on his 11-for-23 mark in limited action last season. Not quite great in one area, Tillie has to continue working on his thin, somewhat hunched frame, while becoming a more dynamic shooter. It may not be this season, but Tillie is beginning to look more and more like a future NBA bench big as a do-it-all utility player.

Fellow 19-year-old sophomore Rui Hachimura, No. 50 in our top 100, also had some nice moments in Portland, capping off the tournament with 20 points in 28 minutes against Texas. Scouts will continue to keep tabs on both Tillie and Hachimura as they develop this season and beyond. -- MS

Goshzagit
11-27-2017, 07:05 AM
6-10 French PF/C gaining steam in Spokane

Gonzaga sophomore Killian Tillie, a touted French youth prospect who broke out at the under-16 European championships in 2014, is beginning to emerge as a more legitimate draft prospect under Mark Few. Slowed by injuries early in his career, Tillie's combination of size and fluidity at 6-10, along with his leaping ability, strong instincts, budding skill and competitiveness stood out in Portland.

Tillie is a smart passer and cutter who is always around the ball on the glass and is developing nicely as a perimeter shooter, knocking down 4-of-8 3-pointers in Portland, building on his 11-for-23 mark in limited action last season. Not quite great in one area, Tillie has to continue working on his thin, somewhat hunched frame, while becoming a more dynamic shooter. It may not be this season, but Tillie is beginning to look more and more like a future NBA bench big as a do-it-all utility player.

Fellow 19-year-old sophomore Rui Hachimura, No. 50 in our top 100, also had some nice moments in Portland, capping off the tournament with 20 points in 28 minutes against Texas. Scouts will continue to keep tabs on both Tillie and Hachimura as they develop this season and beyond. -- MS

if the past is any indication, these two will likely dominate the lessor WCC competition, have one good game in the Tourney, and all of a sudden be Lottery Picks. When both are far from being NBA ready. Even Tillie struggled a bit vs bigger bodies/strength of Texas.

I don't expect Rui to go, not yet, he's happy, learning, and loving life as a student Athlete. Tillie is content as well, and really enjoys playing for Gonzaga, but pretty well known he is simply not a fan of school work/academics. Not saying he is a poor student by any means, or that any player just adores school (save NWG), just that he isn't a fan of being a student.

If Killian is promised a 1st Round promise or grade, he'd go. I expect him to declare without an agent at the very least this year.

Rui's hype and highlights will get him an offer/invite, but I expect him to stay.

jazzdelmar
11-27-2017, 07:16 AM
if the past is any indication, these two will likely dominate the lessor WCC competition, have one good game in the Tourney, and all of a sudden be Lottery Picks. When both are far from being NBA ready. Even Tillie struggled a bit vs bigger bodies/strength of Texas.

I don't expect Rui to go, not yet, he's happy, learning, and loving life as a student Athlete. Tillie is content as well, and really enjoys playing for Gonzaga, but pretty well known he is simply not a fan of school work/academics. Not saying he is a poor student by any means, or that any player just adores school (save NWG), just that he isn't a fan of being a student.

If Killian is promised a 1st Round promise or grade, he'd go. I expect him to declare without an agent at the very least this year.

Rui's hype and highlights will get him an offer/invite, but I expect him to stay.

Hope not, but fortunately we have reinforcements coming in, unlike this year.

GoZags
11-27-2017, 08:13 AM
Hope not, but fortunately we have reinforcements coming in, unlike this year.

You're right Jazz .... who give a hoot about Kispert and the redshirt freshman. That Few guy that you enjoy kicking to the curb sure blew it.

jazzdelmar
11-27-2017, 08:14 AM
You're right Jazz .... who give a hoot about Kispert and the redshirt freshman. That Few guy that you enjoy kicking to the curb sure blew it.

Gimme a break, GZ. U know damm well I love Kissy. Im talking about BIGS.....Petrusev and the transfer

GoZags
11-27-2017, 08:21 AM
Gimme a break, GZ. U know damm well I love Kissy. Im talking about BIGS.....Petrusev and the transfer

Of course you were.

Zag for Life

Why is Few skating?

What TF was that end of game play? Why hasn’t he developed or recruited a backup PG? Just asking.

jazzdelmar
11-27-2017, 08:25 AM
Of course you were.

Huh....you're mixing things up. I criticized the last second shot, yes. So did a majority of others on the board that don't seem to irritate you. The "O-fer" post was about record in OTs.....and I was joking. Lighten up, will ya.

Zagdawg
11-27-2017, 09:16 AM
Sling the stuff (insert other "s" word here) and get called out for it.....now everything was "I was joking".

75Zag
11-27-2017, 09:31 AM
Tillie has that certain something. Collins had it also. I have no idea what will happen in the future, but it is great to see GU's best players gain some early attention from people who know more than I do about the NBA draft.

Go Bulldogs!

WallaWallaZag
11-27-2017, 12:49 PM
Tillie has that certain something. Collins had it also. I have no idea what will happen in the future, but it is great to see GU's best players gain some early attention from people who know more than I do about the NBA draft.

Go Bulldogs!

tillie's defense isn't at a collins level and he's a pure stretch 4 in the league...i think tillie needs to show he can do more off the dribble...unless he really develops and zags make another deep run, he should come back.

CDC84
11-27-2017, 01:01 PM
Sadly, I think JWIII's struggles vs. Texas kind of sum up why the NBA folks aren't interested in him. I still wouldn't be surprised if he gets drafted somewhere.....but making a team........

WallaWallaZag
11-27-2017, 01:07 PM
Sadly, I think JWIII's struggles vs. Texas kind of sum up why the NBA folks aren't interested in him. I still wouldn't be surprised if he gets drafted somewhere.....but making a team........

he needs to show that face up midrange jumper against teams like texas...he can hit it, just needs more confidence. probably won't affect his draft status much, but would help get him easier drives (where he's turning the ball over at a very high rate).

MDABE80
11-27-2017, 01:26 PM
J3 gets lots of extra coverage and it free up Tillie to do more shooting. If I was an NBA Defter guy, I'd look more at the Florida game . He's got a variety of shots and he out them on display. AA in the making. Tillie is no slouch either but he's done so well because he's good and because he's not guarded as thoroughly as J3.
Rui needs 2 more years. He's got highlights for sure but his normal court time needs lot of work. Lousy on defense and ball handling is subpar.
TO's are our biggest trouble right up there with FT shooting. It's a team in development with some great pieces...where it ends this year can't be known right now. I do think the PK experience made this group a better functioning team.

Skimhvn
11-27-2017, 02:15 PM
Rui should graduate Gonzaga!

Hoopaholic
11-27-2017, 02:17 PM
Rui should graduate Gonzaga!

I LOVE your attitude and viewpoint on this