11-26-2017, 09:11 PM
All tournament selection well deserved

LouisianaZag
11-26-2017, 09:14 PM
All tournament selection well deserved
+1

WallaWallaZag
11-26-2017, 09:26 PM
definitely for the osu and florida games...didn't play well at all vs bamba and texas (i had a feeling that would happen), though that forced turnover and then dunk in OT was huge...

23dpg
11-26-2017, 09:36 PM
Great for JWill!
I actually thought Perkins was our best player for all 3 games. And by a fair bit.

ZagNative
11-26-2017, 09:42 PM
From twitter:

Chris Farrow‏ @chrisjfarrow

PK80 Motion Bracket All-Tournament Team:

Marvin Bagley III, Duke (MVP)
Chris Chiozza, Florida
Jalen Hudson, Florida
KeVaughn Allen, Florida
Johnathan Williams, Gonzaga

cggonzaga
11-26-2017, 10:00 PM
From twitter:

Would have definitely given it to Perkins over Allen. Averaged more points, assists and rebounds.

WallaWallaZag
11-26-2017, 10:04 PM
Would have definitely given it to Perkins over Allen. Averaged more points, assists and rebounds.

playing in the championship game trumps stats...3 gators to 1 dukie says a lot. florida should have won that game...but bagley is unstoppable (would love to see rematch with egbunu back)

cggonzaga
11-26-2017, 10:25 PM
playing in the championship game trumps stats...3 gators to 1 dukie says a lot. florida should have won that game...but bagley is unstoppable (would love to see rematch with egbunu back)

Well in that case only Duke and Florida players should’ve gotten it. That’s not how it works. Josh Perkins was better than Allen in this tournament.

I do agree though Florida should have won that game.

Zagdawg
11-27-2017, 10:08 AM
Gonzaga’s Johnathan Williams selected WCC player of week

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/nov/27/gonzagas-johnathan-williams-selected-wcc-player-of/

Hoopaholic
11-27-2017, 10:11 AM
Gonzaga’s Johnathan Williams selected WCC player of week

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/nov/27/gonzagas-johnathan-williams-selected-wcc-player-of/

sweet congrats JW3

Reborn
11-27-2017, 10:13 AM

I TOTALLY AGREE

Congrats to JW3 though

TexasZagFan
11-27-2017, 10:20 AM
J3 is going to tear up the WCC.

Zags_Fanatic
11-27-2017, 10:30 AM
Nice blurb from Sam Vecenie at The Athletic as well:

Johnathan Williams III, Gonzaga

The Skinny: The only of Gonzaga’s five leading scorers to return, Williams was poised for a big year after playing the role of defensive stopper last season. He’s improved his numbers in a big way, going from 10.2 points to 18.6 points per game. But his performance at the PK80 — where he averaged 23.3 points, seven rebounds and two blocks — was beyond even the loftiest expectations. Other players may have gotten more hype in the offseason for the Zags, but Williams is their leader.

The Tape: He’s still the same inside-out threat he was a season ago. His percentages are in line with last year, he’s just increased his field-goal attempts per game from 6.7 to 11.2. His go-to is his left-handed hook shot in the post, but he’s also tremendous as a roller in ball-screens, his 3-point shot looks to be even smoother than a season ago and he has improved his ability to grab and go off the defensive glass.

Is it sustainable? Yeah, I tend to think it is. There’s nothing out of line with what’s happened in the past statistically or in terms of the tape. Williams is going to compete for the WCC’s Player of the Year award with Jock Landale of Saint Mary's, and he'll likely lead the Zags back to the NCAA Tournament.

WallaWallaZag
11-27-2017, 10:48 AM
Well in that case only Duke and Florida players should’ve gotten it. That’s not how it works. Josh Perkins was better than Allen in this tournament.

I do agree though Florida should have won that game.

sorry, you may not like it, but it is how it works...3rd place team isn't getting 2 guys on the team, especially if the champs only have 1 guy, so your only argument would be that perkins should be on there instead of williams
actually think an argument could be made for that scenario, but jw3's monster game against florida (and solid game vs. osu) beats out the consistent excellence of perkins (plus perkins really looked bad at the end of texas game).

really loved how jw3 stepped up his play in the pk80 after looking very average to start the year, but he also really needs to cut down on his turnovers...15! in the pk80

Kiddwell
11-27-2017, 11:57 AM
J3!

:adored:

:]