PDA

View Full Version : Post game radio GU-UT

Section 116
11-26-2017, 11:48 AM
Hudson: Bulldogs survive knocking off UT 76-71 and then the radio connection goes out. 24 turnovers is the glaring stat here. UT outrebounds GU 38-36. Radio back, phew. Rui career high of 20. Perkins-16, Tillie and Williams 10. Once again Zags hold opponent under 50% shooting as UT shoots 39%, 61 games in a row under 50% I believe.

This did not look like an overtime game. Zags behind 16-8, looked they were still asleep. the 24-0 run is when they really got things going. that was 6 minutes from down 8 to up 16. Things looked really good at that point. UT made a couple buckets and kind of hung around but then Tillie hit the three to make it 63-52 with three minutes left.

In the final 7 minutes GU turned the ball over 11 times and UT hit 9 for 9 shots. The UT dunk put them up 69-67 but Williams followed with a bucket and a free throw. J3 really fought against Bamba with that huge wingspan. Melson made the big steal in OT to put GU up 6. UT missed their last 4 shots. UT 8-22 from three, GU 11-27 at 40%.

GU played 15 extra minutes of basketball in Portland splitting a pair of OT games. Kispert 8 points, first time is his career held below double figures. Williams and Tillie with 6 turnovers, and Perkins with 4.

Hudson and Morrison noted UT has a team and the makeup to win some games and do some damage this year. They have a lot of length and they get up and down the court pretty well. Jeremy Jones did not score but had 4 rebounds in about 6 minutes. Rui led with 9, a career high as well his career high scoring day. And then more technical difficulties.

Radio back again, Hudson figured the early start, then jumped to the big lead, GU backed off a bit, UT put the pressure on and the Zags were in trouble. No coach again today.

That 69-67 OT lead for UT was their first lead since 16-13 in regulation time. Apparently no coach again today so that's it.

jazzdelmar
11-26-2017, 11:51 AM
The less said the better. Can’t spin this one into gold.

BULLDOG#1
11-26-2017, 11:56 AM
The less said the better. Canít spin this one into gold.

You HAVE struck gold if you can commit 24 turnovers and still beat a good team.

I bet this win will look really good come selection sunday.

Rui was terrific at attacking the rim, rebounding, and even defensively.

Norvel was exposed on the defensive end all weekend.

This is a good zag team. One foul shot away from playing Duke in the final.

Big flaw at backup point guard. Perkins has been great, but the offense just stalls when he's not in the game.

Mantua
11-26-2017, 11:57 AM
I was glad to read the mention for Jeremy Jones’ contribution. I would like to see him subbed in a bit more often.

Zags_Fanatic
11-26-2017, 12:17 PM
Texas is going to lose a few head scratchers but I wouldn't be surprised if they steal a few away from top Big 12 teams, maybe even on the road. When they are clicking this is a very dangerous team. If they had kept pressing in OT I think it's safe to say they would have pulled out the win, I can't for the life of me understand why they backed off of what was working.

RenoZag
11-26-2017, 12:29 PM
Thank you for the recap, Section 116

Zagceo
11-26-2017, 12:32 PM
Thanks 116...as always appreciate it

ZagMan in Philly
11-26-2017, 01:00 PM
The less said the better. Can’t spin this one into gold.

Jazz, you have to say at least Rui = Silver? He is a talent.

GonzaGAW
11-26-2017, 04:02 PM
- speaking of radio connection, I was listening to the game, 7 seconds left, Gonzaga to inbounds up by 3. I hear texas steals the in bounds pass...............and I swear to GOD, the station went to a pre recorded station blurp that lasted several seconds and next thing I hear is hudson saying the 3 point shot is no good, I breathe a sigh of relief, good we win, next he says we are going into overtime!!!

- I'm not calling for anyone to lose their job, but somebody needs to their butt kicked. (besides josh that is)

SWZag
11-26-2017, 04:28 PM
Thanks 116!