PDA

View Full Version : Potential Sky High

former1dog
11-26-2017, 11:47 AM
Lots of coachable moments from this weekend but the results are fantastic. Not only does our team have great talent at every position, a bench with fantastic and mostly untapped potential but these guys have moxey and fight.

Lots of teams laying an egg like GU did in the second half would have folded and lost. Not our guys, they kept fighting for the win. Need I remind everyone that the competition didn’t suck?

I’m extremely bullish for this teams future!

jazzdelmar
11-26-2017, 11:48 AM
Doggie, ease off the tryptophan. Happy TG.

Zagcity
11-26-2017, 11:50 AM
Crowd was great, even in the AM

Zagdawg
11-26-2017, 11:53 AM
Rui looked really good ---- going to have a great year.

Kispert is going to be huge.

Mantua
11-26-2017, 12:08 PM
Rui did look good. Can Kispert take over the point in a pinch?

There were so many disappointments today, but lots of teaching film.

TexasZagFan
11-26-2017, 12:10 PM
Rui did look good. Can Kispert take over the point in a pinch?

There were so many disappointments today, but lots of teaching film.

I prefer to call the "disappointments" "growing pains."

Mantua
11-26-2017, 12:13 PM
I prefer to call the "disappointments" "growing pains."

I suffer from post game emotion.

JAGzag
11-26-2017, 12:15 PM
Doggie, ease off the tryptophan. Happy TG.

Jazz, do you troll every thread just to #### on the vibe? Good grief, we get it, you’re not happy...but EVERY new thread?! ��

DixieZag
11-26-2017, 12:15 PM
I think every needs to have had the advantage that I had today, me and many other basketball fans all over the country. I didn't see the game.

I see a "W" over Texas, a team that took Duke to OT the night before.

I also saw 2 OT game versus Florida, a team that could very well play for the final four.

So, whatever issues we had today that looked awful, they're awful, but they could be more awful, and it doesn't seem like we're the only team with issues. We could be Arzona.

2-1 in the PK 80 with wins over Ohio State, Texas, and a doublt OT game already praised throughout the country as hard fought loss?

Fine by me. Next up.

Zag_Dad
11-26-2017, 12:22 PM
This tournament was EXACTLY what this team needed. Opportunity for our young team to learn to play together and prove they can hang with the Best. I believe this team will walk away more confident and more dangerous. If the WCC coaches had a chance to vote again for conference champion, I suspect the outcome would be very different.

Future is very bright fo4 this team.

GO ZAGS

Mantua
11-26-2017, 12:25 PM
I think every needs to have had the advantage that I had today, me and many other basketball fans all over the country. I didn't see the game.

I see a "W" over Texas, a team that took Duke to OT the night before.

I also saw 2 OT game versus Florida, a team that could very well play for the final four.

So, whatever issues we had today that looked awful, they're awful, but they could be more awful, and it doesn't seem like we're the only team with issues. We could be Arzona.

2-1 in the PK 80 with wins over Ohio State, Texas, and a doublt OT game already praised throughout the country as hard fought loss?

Fine by me. Next up.

We should be concerned about what we saw in the second half. There was more to it than just taking our foot off the gas pedal. The first half was also problematic. Texas played badly too.

DixieZag
11-26-2017, 12:27 PM
This tournament was EXACTLY what this team needed. Opportunity for our young team to learn to play together and prove they can hang with the Best. I believe this team will walk away more confident and more dangerous. If the WCC coaches had a chance to vote again for conference champion, I suspect the outcome would be very different.

Future is very bright fo4 this team.

GO ZAGS

Not just learn to play together, but learn to play tougher together.

My biggest fear in losing NWG, Collins and Mathews was that we'd be losing their punch in the mouth mentality, that we'd be a noticeably softer team.

I didn't see the game today (thank god), but at least this team knows going home that it can get in a fist-fight, which is what Florida was, and if it can hit a FT, beat that team on a neutral court.

gueastcoast
11-26-2017, 12:54 PM
Not terribly original, but...

...just win, baby.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jazzdelmar
11-26-2017, 01:33 PM
Zags lost 2 killers — Collins and NWG. Who’s the killer on this team?

23dpg
11-26-2017, 01:40 PM

Collins was a killer?

This is a different year, different team. Believe it or not, I could consider this year a success even if the Zags don’t make it back to the championship game. Crazy me.

Goshzagit
11-26-2017, 01:48 PM

Don't want to reminisce too much, but if we had EITHER one of those guys return, this team is Top 3 good. Maybe better.

Each of them fills a huge need, not to mention superstar at their respective position. Quality bench with Tillie as 6th man. Or another PG option to close out games if Perk is foul trouble or struggling to score in half court sets.

A national title contending team with either one, really believe that...

Then again, Perkins made a serious jump this season. Playing up to his HS hype. I hope he works on finishing in the lane, and maybe, just maybe someone else should be in bounding during full court press.

Just sayin

75Zag
11-26-2017, 01:54 PM
ESPN current headline on their main site is No. 17 Gonzaga blows big lead, holds off Texas 76-71 in OT.
I am still trying to figure out if that is a "cup half full" or a "cup half empty" headline. Time will tell.

Go Bulldogs!

Goshzagit
11-26-2017, 02:03 PM
ESPN current headline on their main site is No. 17 Gonzaga blows big lead, holds off Texas 76-71 in OT.
I am still trying to figure out if that is a "cup half full" or a "cup half empty" headline. Time will tell.

Go Bulldogs!

Funny when Texas blew big lead to Duke.

"Duke with the heroic rally to beat Texas"

Bias.

zag67
11-26-2017, 06:23 PM
Yes, we did have a bad second half. Most of the problem was the players understanding how to beat a press. These players are smart and athletic. The coaches will work with them and we will see a major difference if another team presses us. Texas was long and athletic, we stood around too much and thought that getting the ball in was all that was needed. We will see that change in the next few weeks.

Coach Crazy
11-26-2017, 07:04 PM
It was the 3rd game in 4 days and the previous game was a 2OT thriller. Followed up by a morning game? They just ran out of some gas in the second half. That's all. Nothing real big to see there. Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk