PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game: PK80 3rd Place - Texas - 11. 26 . 2017

RenoZag
11-26-2017, 11:16 AM
STATS LINK: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=193310

Zags let the Longhorns back in it with turnovers, scoring drought, and inadequate handling of Texas' pressure.

Still, a 2 -1 record out of Portland is what we were hoping for before they tipped it off at 10:00am, and that's what we got.

Who is your player of the game ??

former1dog
11-26-2017, 11:19 AM
Rui was fantastic in all facets of the game. I disagree with the decision by Few to take Rui out down the stretch. We’ll see fits and starts from Rui going forward but he clearly has established his potential with this game.

Zags11
11-26-2017, 11:21 AM
Perkins or RUI.

Birddog
MELSON!!
He snatched victory from the jaws of defeat......twice!

ZagNative
Rui was terrific.

bartruff1
11-26-2017, 11:24 AM
MELSON!!

IMHO Melson's 3 at the buzzer and his steal and layup won the game....

former1dog
11-26-2017, 11:26 AM
20 pats 9 rebounds for Rui today.

Zagcity
11-26-2017, 11:29 AM
MELSON!!

+1

MDABE80
11-26-2017, 11:32 AM
Outside of the errant pass, Josh played an amazing game. He got my vote. Rui is coming into his own....no doubt. The guy who engineers the V is almost always the best. Team effort on this one. We cut down on the TOs, this is an E8 or better team. I'd be surprised if we don't rise to top 10.

jazzdelmar
11-26-2017, 11:37 AM
Outside of the errant pass, Josh played an amazing game. He got my vote. Rui is coming into his own....no doubt. The guy who engineers the V is almost always the best. Team effort on this one. We cut down on the TOs, this is an E8 or better team. I'd be surprised if we don't rise to top 10.

Doc, c’mon. We’d be lucky to stay 17 after today. Have to pray no voters saw this krap.

Mantua
11-26-2017, 11:49 AM
Doc, c’mon. We’d be lucky to stay 17 after today. Have to pray no voters saw this krap.

This win was much worse than the loss.

I voted for Rui. Nice debut!

Once and Future Zag
11-26-2017, 12:04 PM
Silas - the three off the broken play and the steal.

2wiceright
11-26-2017, 12:31 PM
Silas clutch plays that kept us in a position to win was runner up...I voted for Rui, his coming out party will make this team deeper and so much better as the season progresses! This was an important win... some posters forget how early this is for a VERY young team! Better to beat a good team and play bad - so much to learn from!!! Ceiling is HIGH!

Reborn
11-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Congrats to Rui. He played a great game and now hopefully will play more. It's nice to have a guy like him be able to come off the bench and score 20 points and get 9 rebounds.

Zag_Dad
11-26-2017, 12:39 PM

I don’t think you’re giving enough credit to Texas. The same Texas team that took #1 Duke to OT. They were tough and forced GU into some turnovers with a good full court press. GU was rattled but understandably so as such a young group of players. Anyone watching the game would see a young talented team with TONS of potential. They are still growing and the mistakes they made still didn’t cost them the game against a very talented opponent.

Larryzag
11-26-2017, 01:40 PM
I don’t think you’re giving enough credit to Texas. The same Texas team that took #1 Duke to OT. They were tough and forced GU into some turnovers with a good full court press. GU was rattled but understandably so as such a young group of players. Anyone watching the game would see a young talented team with TONS of potential. They are still growing and the mistakes they made still didn’t cost them the game against a very talented opponent.

+1

sittingon50
11-26-2017, 04:37 PM
Rui came of age today (as far as his NCAA career is concerned).

OZZY
11-26-2017, 05:31 PM

+2

kitzbuel
11-26-2017, 05:35 PM
Had to go with Melson because his pick and layin wins the game.

LongIslandZagFan
11-26-2017, 06:48 PM

Can’t wait for voters to prove you wrong tomorrow. Your negativity borders on being silly at times.

WallaWallaZag
11-26-2017, 10:13 PM

maybe young overall, but zags have two experienced seniors* (perkins rs.jr) in the backcourt who crumbled under the pressure...