PDA

View Full Version : Does Florida's game portend the future of college basketball?

MontanaCoyote
11-25-2017, 08:01 AM
Florida shot 3's at .472, 2's at .458. (I swear it seemed like they hit more like 75 per cent of their 3's!)

At any rate I'm just wondering what you experts out there think about whether or not we're watching the game change right before our eyes (despite the show JWIII put on inside last night).

In other words, because the 3 is the most productive shot in basketball, will we see more and more teams recruiting Hudson Type 3 point shooters....... and will the 3 become so commonplace that something like moving the 3 point line back will be necessary just to keep other aspects of today's game "viable"?

Just asking, but I'm a little worried that when (and if) the 3 essentially comes close to a .500 shot that the game as a whole will change to the point that the 3 takes it over and even loses its fan appeal.

OK, Take me to school!

bartruff1
11-25-2017, 08:25 AM
Hasn't it already changed in the NBA ??

Larryzag
11-25-2017, 08:27 AM
Move the 3 line back to NBA distance next year.

former1dog
11-25-2017, 08:34 AM
If the style of play of the Golden State Warriors in the NBA is influencing the college game, as it has been influencing the pro game, then I'm all for it. They move the ball quickly. All players are skilled and can shoot. Its not the 3 ball all the time, but it is a big weapon. They play great defense.

Most importantly from a fan perspective, its a highly entertaining brand of basketball.

bballbeachbum
11-25-2017, 08:40 AM
been going on for some time, right? moving the line around, the game changing around the 3 point shot.

the euros were a part of that changing of the game by teaching everyone (bigs, mediums, smalls) to shoot the 3 with that short international line, that's been happening for a long time, and beating the USA with it for a while (and the pick and roll). The euros also struggle to finish at the rim the way US players attack it, so the whole idea of penetration internationally has been to collapse the D and kick for open 3s. Think Rubio. No, that's not all they do, and it's changing too with internationals getting better at the rim, but they evolved the game around the 3 point shot

fine with me moving it back

WallaWallaZag
11-25-2017, 08:47 AM
been going on for some time, right? moving the line around, the game changing around the 3 point shot.

the euros were a part of that changing of the game by teaching everyone (bigs, mediums, smalls) to shoot the 3 with that short international line, that's been happening for a long time, and beating the USA with it for a while (and the pick and roll). The euros also struggle to finish at the rim the way US players attack it, so the whole idea of penetration internationally has been to collapse the D and kick for open 3s. Think Rubio. No, that's not all they do, and it's changing too with internationals getting better at the rim, but they evolved the game around the 3 point shot

fine with me moving it back

the corner three is the biggest issue...that's become a really easy shot for too many guys...