PDA

View Full Version : Johnathan Williams III vs. the Gators

RenoZag
11-24-2017, 10:21 PM
Helluva effort in a tough loss. . .39 points, 6/8 from the line, 12 rebounds, 3 Assists. Warrior.

FINAL STATS: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=193309

Good night, folks. Be kind to each other and to the players.

john montana
11-24-2017, 10:21 PM
Monster.

Birddog
11-24-2017, 10:25 PM
It sucks to have a game like that and not be eligible for the GUnit.

kitzbuel
That should turn some NBA heads. Tough shots against a good team.

Virginia Zags Fan
Wow. Just wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zags11
11-24-2017, 10:26 PM
He is a beast.

zagsfanforlife
11-24-2017, 10:27 PM
Him and perkins and tillie.. we have 3 STUDS

and Kispert and the rest of the guys are pretty damn good too.

bballbeachbum
11-24-2017, 10:31 PM
:clap:

CDC84
11-24-2017, 11:40 PM

I sure hope so, but they don't like his height at power forward, and he's not an elite rebounder (meaning, a Paul Millsap type). He showed just about everything in his arsenal tonight, though. Especially the ability to counter with his right hand.

Zagger
11-25-2017, 04:08 AM
Lovin' me some J3! What a GREAT effort + smart play to boot. J3 is classy! Amazing game (& tourney). Go Zags!

Sarenyon
11-25-2017, 05:36 AM
Amazing game by a great Zag!

WallaWallaZag
11-25-2017, 05:44 AM

but florida's bigs aren't very big or very good...if he can do even half as well against texas then we're at least talking...

Reborn
11-25-2017, 07:45 AM
but florida's bigs aren't very big or very good...if he can do even half as well against texas then we're at least talking...

Don't forget 6-8 from the foul line. You can easily see why he was the player of tournament in the West Regional last year. When he plays against the best teams he always plays his best. I expect him to play great again Sunday. He was so focused and confident last night. It was just awesome to see such a great game from him. I someone doubted his leadership. hahahahahahahahahahahhah

It was just so great to see his really good foul shooting last night. He was so focused. I'm really looking to follow him all year long. The game last night felt like an Elite Eight game. It's kind of hard to remember that it was only the fifth game of the year.

cjm720
11-25-2017, 08:01 AM
Stepped up big time. He’s a beast!

SWZag
11-25-2017, 08:21 AM
I sure hope so, but they don't like his height at power forward, and he's not an elite rebounder (meaning, a Paul Millsap type). He showed just about everything in his arsenal tonight, though. Especially the ability to counter with his right hand.
I'd say he's a pretty good rebounder! Looking at his career numbers, he now has 745 boards (including his time at Mizzou). He's right behing Casey Calvery who had 757 after four full seasons. He should also pass Shem this year. Not bad.

BobZag
11-25-2017, 09:43 AM
Beastmode 2.0

gu03alum
11-25-2017, 09:57 AM
The Sky Hook was sick

MDABE80
11-25-2017, 10:02 AM
J3's headed to AA status. He'll easily get there is he continues this brisk pace. I don't 40/12 but I think 20/8 is possible for him.
Tillie's not far behind....
Out bigs are very diverse and very good.

zagsfanforlife
11-25-2017, 10:33 AM
J3's headed to AA status. He'll easily get there is he continues this brisk pace. I don't 40/12 but I think 20/8 is possible for him.
Tillie's not far behind....
Out bigs are very diverse and very good.

Both have really stepped up this year following the departures of the guys in front of them. While Karnowski was a mountain man, these two present two bigs i cant remember us having 6'9,6'10 frontline guys who can rebound, are tough, but a new dynamic can jump out of the gym. Who was the 4 when Ronny was here? If had a four similar to Tillie, i would say thats a comparable frontline, but i do not remember having guys like this play together who shoot this well, can rebound, can bang, and can finish strong around the hoop.

CdAZagFan
11-25-2017, 10:50 AM
That hook shoot is so tough for people to defend. Let's see how he does against some big centers - hopefully he can find ways to keep it up.

upan8th
11-25-2017, 09:39 PM
Work on a right hand shot around the rim would make him a sure fire lottery pick. Had multiple chances vs FLA, only used it once ( i believe) for an uncontested layup. These days, everyone's got a 98 mph fastball. The elite in the game mix in an 88 mph changeup. JW III's right hand in close is that pitch.

WallaWallaZag
11-25-2017, 10:21 PM
Work on a right hand shot around the rim would make him a sure fire lottery pick. Had multiple chances vs FLA, only used it once ( i believe) for an uncontested layup. These days, everyone's got a 98 mph fastball. The elite in the game mix in an 88 mph changeup. JW III's right hand in close is that pitch.

not really...at the next level he's not a post-player...he needs to show more perimeter skills if anything: dribbling, passing, shooting...and continuing to demonstrate his improved ability to attack the rim off the bounce.

Zag Man
11-25-2017, 11:07 PM
Amazing game by a great Zag!

I'm not sure all of you had the opportunity to hear JWIII talk after the Florida game, but everyone should. This young man thanked everyone....his teammates, the coaches, the fans...he really never talked about himself and his accomplishments, and he had just completed the game of his life in front of a national television audience. We are all just blessed to have this wonderful young man on our team and representing our university. Congratulations to JWIII!

MDABE80
11-26-2017, 12:40 AM

CDC. Where do you think he fits best?? Think he's a big 3?

MileHigh
11-26-2017, 04:21 AM
CDC. Where do you think he fits best?? Think he's a big 3?

No question that his position in the NBA would be as a slightly undersized PF (Milsap is a good example) He simply doesn't have the perimeter skills to play SF in the NBA where you need to be able to handle the ball like a guard and shoot the 3 ball with consistency. He would also struggle defending the SF's at that level.

I think he is athletic enough, at his height, to potentially make an NBA roster as PF but it would be as a high energy type that can give you a good 10-12 minutes in a back up roll. If he can somehow develop a consistent 3 point shot from NBA range that would be a game changer for him because it would make him tough to defend and make him much more useful as an NBA PF

ldszagfan
11-26-2017, 07:06 AM
I'm not sure all of you had the opportunity to hear JWIII talk after the Florida game, but everyone should. This young man thanked everyone....his teammates, the coaches, the fans...he really never talked about himself and his accomplishments, and he had just completed the game of his life in front of a national television audience. We are all just blessed to have this wonderful young man on our team and representing our university. Congratulations to JWIII!

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysIcNDMQXkI

MontanaCoyote
11-26-2017, 08:03 AM

So many fine players in this NBA "gray" area. Maybe a small but national seasonal AAA pro league would draw enough fans to be profitable? AAA baseball is Very popular and Profitable. The idea that players with the talents of a JWIII may have to go to Europe to play confounds me. Eight, maybe 12 teams located in just the right places and markets would work?

I don't watch NBA games. Find them boring. But games where NBA "grays" are doing their level best to make the NBA?
That might make for some very fine, intense and exciting BBall.

Maybe NBA D league or summer league games fill this role or not I don't know, but I don't think so. Correct me if I'm wrong.

At any rate, if the NBA doesn't like JWIII for any reason, their loss could be some good basketball fan's gain.

Zagceo
11-26-2017, 08:25 AM
Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysIcNDMQXkI

Thanks for link.....