PDA

View Full Version : Bilas

Stache
11-24-2017, 04:45 PM
Just walking behind J Bilas in Moda Center and harmlessly asked “Are giving some love to the Zags tonight?” He doesn’t break stride. He doesn’t turn around. He says “Whatever you say.” He was either angered at how close the Texas game was or he’s a pompous A..s.

jazzdelmar
11-24-2017, 04:46 PM
Both. He’s a jerk.

demian
11-24-2017, 06:23 PM
I can’t stand listening to or watching Jay Bilas.

Goshzagit
11-24-2017, 06:26 PM
I actually enjoy Bilas' writing and articles.

In person, a d0uche canoe. From personal experience too.

Retracting his promise to grow a beard IF Zags made a F4 was a slap in the face. Meaning he never expected it to happen.

Self entitled and perceives himself as God's gift to Man, Twitter, and any College Bball forum.

gonzagafan62
11-24-2017, 06:40 PM
Dickie V is the man. Bills sucks

RenoZag
11-24-2017, 06:46 PM
I actually enjoy Bilas' writing and articles.

In person, a d0uche canoe. From personal experience too.

Retracting his promise to grow a beard IF Zags made a F4 was a slap in the face. Meaning he never expected it to happen.

Self entitled and perceives himself as God's gift to Man, Twitter, and any College Bball forum.

Well, he is a lawyer. . .

DixieZag
11-24-2017, 06:54 PM
Well, he is a lawyer. . .

And the best color analyst they have IMO.

Can't speak to his legal skills, never met him personally, but have no trouble at all believing the people here who have.

ZagNative
11-24-2017, 06:58 PM
The Bilas bashing here is weird. We have to go through this exercise three or four times a year. I don't get it. I think he's the best.

Stache
11-24-2017, 07:32 PM
I actually like his color commentary, but he is talking about college basketball. It ain’t brain surgery

willandi
11-24-2017, 08:45 PM
I actually like his color commentary, but he is talking about college basketball. It ain’t brain surgery

Or presenting in front of the Supreme Court.

I get it.He graduated from Law School, maybe even passed the bar...but in every court case, an attorney loses. Being an attorney doesn't mean you are a winner, or that you are right.

And if he didn't have a beard, he's a welcher besides. Having a beard doesn't mean not shaving for a day or two.

BurgessEraZag
11-25-2017, 07:07 AM
Speaking as a lawyer, attorneys are supposed to see "both sides of the argument." Bilas' hoops commentary is great but sometimes his bias shows through and is pretty thin skinned about GU.
I won many cases and lost a few but winning or losing in court isn't about the lawyer, it's about the facts and law. Making 3-point shots is more telling that anyone's bias about Duke.

We should be happy we root for a clean, great Zag program guided by a "PK" a pastor's kid, rather than a ****head like Dakich.

bartruff1
11-25-2017, 07:11 AM
I like him...I am in the Never Walton group....anyone and I mean anyone is fine with me as long as it is not that babbling idiot..

thespywhozaggedme
11-25-2017, 07:43 AM
he did grow the beard, just not as long (literally and figuratively) as we'd have liked.

basketballzag
11-25-2017, 08:25 AM
Just walking behind J Bilas in Moda Center and harmlessly asked “Are giving some love to the Zags tonight?” He doesn’t break stride. He doesn’t turn around. He says “Whatever you say.” He was either angered at how close the Texas game was or he’s a pompous A..s.

I suspect he will be one of the ESPN 100 looking for a job real soon.

TheOtherGreatOne
11-25-2017, 09:06 AM
Bilas is a dukie and I hate anything duke. I don't watch or listen to bilas. If he is doing a game that I want to watch I turn the sound down and make my own observations of the game. Espn does nothing but slurp over the acc. I don't watch anything on espn except games I want to see. I could care less about duke. There is no way bagley completed 2 years of school work and qualified to be eligible in 3 weeks, no way. north Carolina committed the biggest academic fraud in the history of college sports and the ncaa does nothing after 20 years of those no show classes, yet they bust Pacific for academic fraud. they ban the Tennessee coach for life for changing grades of 2 players that's rite 2 players not for 20 years like north Carolina who they let off scott free. Then take Memphis. the ncaa declared D.Rose eligible and cleared him to play. Then they said after the season was over they didn't think he took the act test. no proof they just thought he didn't so the made Memphis forfeit every game. I hate bilas,I hate the acc, and I hate the ncaa,but I love the Zags.