PDA

View Full Version : Zags vs Florida II It's Game Day

Reborn
11-24-2017, 06:22 AM
It's Game Day the best day of the week. I opened my eyes this morning and immediately my thoughts turned to the game last night against Ohio St. I love to wake up in the morning the day after a really good game and think about that game a lot. I just like to lay there and think about all the great plays. i couldn't help but thinking about Perkins and seeing in my mind all of those 3's going through the nets. Awesome. But then a new thought worked it's way through last night's game, and that thought was IT'S GAME DAY. THE BEST DAY OF THE WEEK. And boom. I suddenly became conscious of who we're playing today, Florida. I have hoped from the moment that the brackets came out that the Zags would get to play Florida. And yes. We are playing them tonight.

Florida has been ranked 7th or 8th throughout the early season, and they certainly played like it last night. They drained 15 threes, one after another. My god it was horrible to watch. I kept wondering as I watched that game, "How can Gonzaga ever beat these guy?" But then fortunately I got to watch the Gonzaga game, and that wonderful feeling of how good the Zags are returned. The Zags rained down 12 threes, and played every bit as tough as the Gators did last night. It should be one heck of a game tonight, one hell of a war. From the time that I started thinking about the 2017-18 Zags, a month or so after that NCAA championship game last March, all the way to today, I have believed that this would be another really tough defensive team. AND they showed it last night. Tillie is not the giant that Karnowski was, but we have to admit that he's every bit as tough. And Larsen is another giant and he is developing at a faster rate then Karnowski did, imo. Finally. JW3 is JW3. He rises to the top in big games. Like all of you, I've waiting for this tournament for a long long time. We all knew that this is where we would find out who this team is. I'm sure we all liked what we saw last night. One last thought, "Wow. It seems to me like we're in the NCAA tournament tournament playing in an Elite 8 game." It certainly is game day; the best darn day of the week.

Go Zags111

Reborn
11-24-2017, 07:36 AM
Florida plays with a 4 guard offensive set. The match-up to watch will be JW3 vs Hudson, a 19 ppg scorer. Hudson is 6'7 and Wiliams 6 foot 8 or 9.
The other really good one will be Perkins vs Chiozza, the two point guards. Can good defense beat good offense. The best answer is yes.

Go Zags111

willandi
11-24-2017, 07:44 AM
I had pretty much the same feeling watching the Fla/Stanford game, followed by the Zags.

I know Florida is a great team, but Stanford is slow and several steps down from them. Eastern Washington beat them. Zags defensive rotation and pressure will be better, so they won't get so many uncontested shots.

The Zags will battle, the game will be close, and I see the Zags pulling it out. Just as Gonzaga hasn't played anyone as good as Florida this year, Florida hasn't played anyone as good as Gonzaga, and I think the Zags are deeper and have more weapons.

jim77
11-24-2017, 09:04 AM
I had pretty much the same feeling watching the Fla/Stanford game, followed by the Zags.

I know Florida is a great team, but Stanford is slow and several steps down from them. Eastern Washington beat them. Zags defensive rotation and pressure will be better, so they won't get so many uncontested shots.

The Zags will battle, the game will be close, and I see the Zags pulling it out. Just as Gonzaga hasn't played anyone as good as Florida this year, Florida hasn't played anyone as good as Gonzaga, and I think the Zags are deeper and have more weapons.

The farther this goes and stays close....the more it favors the Zags. We can throw athletes at them too.....all ight long.

Zags11
11-24-2017, 10:14 AM
I'm pumped. Playing a top 10 team with our team ready do so. It'll be close but zags pull it out.