PDA

View Full Version : It's Game Day, the best day of the week.

Reborn
11-23-2017, 06:00 AM
It feels so good to wake up in the morning, look over at the clock sitting on desk with one eye half opened and realize it's Game Day. And that thought brings a heck of a smile to my numb face. And then I remember we're playing Ohio State and I quietly whisper "Go Zags." I slowly pull myself out of bed and walk over to the coffee maker with a swag that would tell anyone watching that it's Game Day and that I'm a Zag. I've been waiting all week for this day to arrive, and I felt like I was traveling on a road and the pace was as slow as a turtle's. But dang. It's here. Game Day is here, and we're playing Ohio State in the PK80 tournament, and it's called the greatest pre-season basketball tournament of all time. AND GONZAGA is in it. I not only have been waiting for today all week, I've been waiting for today since September. I'm one of those guys who will study a game or a tournament for months, and at the very least for weeks.

I pour my coffee into a cup and walk back to this computer. I take a sip or two along the way. Mmmmm I just love those first couple of sips....mmmmm. I'm nervous today. I'm always nervous on a Game Day like this one when it's the first game of a pre-season tournament and we're playing a tough team like Ohio State. This kind of tournament, and especially this game today will tell us a lot about our Zags. In all honesty I really don't know a whole lot about the team. I know a little as we've looked good against fairly easy competition. But I know that the Zags will be tested today in a big way. I will know a lot more about our team at 11:30 tonight. I watched a lot of really good games this week and have seen some really good teams fall. That makes me a little more nervous. But my confidence in our team overcomes my nerves. I smile and remember who we are. We're Gonzaga Bulldogs. And I love how that thought brings such joy and pride to my mind and heart. On this Game Day I'm so happy and proud to be a Zag.

Go Zags111

Reborn
11-23-2017, 06:20 AM
I've already drunk a third of the coffee in my cup. I need to figure out what I'm going to wear today. I will wear my GU sweats that I got a few years ago. I love those grey sweats with the name Gonzaga down the side of my left leg. Everyone who sees them loves them too. To match them I'll wear my NEW Gonzaga T-Shirt that I got from my oldest son on Father's Day. Yes. I too am getting ready.

Go Zags111

Bogozags
11-23-2017, 06:28 AM
I've already drunk a third of the coffee in my cup. I need to figure out what I'm going to wear today. I will wear my GU sweats that I got a few years ago. I love those grey sweats with the name Gonzaga down the side of my left leg. Everyone who sees them loves them too. To match them I'll wear my NEW Gonzaga T-Shirt that I got from my oldest son on Father's Day. Yes. I too am getting ready.

Go Zags111

I am wearing the exact, same grey sweat pants...GREAT minds think alike and am wearing my red Final Four t-shirt too!

I am pretty confident we handle OSU tonight...I just hate the game comes on at mid-night EST...gotta win the Power Ball so that we can move to San Diego...��

DixieZag
11-23-2017, 06:45 AM
For those on the East Coast, it's actually not gameday, that's tomorrow. :)

Central time is only slightly better, with an 11:00 p.m. start. At least all the guests will have well-cleared out by then. Sometimes I'm not very good company during Zag games.

I am thankful that the Zags are playing their first meaningful game of the year.

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-23-2017, 06:47 AM
I am wearing the exact, same grey sweat pants...GREAT minds think alike and am wearing my red Final Four t-shirt too!

I am pretty confident we handle OSU tonight...I just hate the game comes on at mid-night EST...gotta win the Power Ball so that we can move to San Diego...��

Same here Bogozags, but no way I can wait and just watch a recording of this game tomorrow morning. I’ll be watching live along w all of ZagNation from 12am-2am....thankful no work tomorrow!

willandi
11-23-2017, 07:19 AM
It is my fervent hope that the game actually starts at 9. The site shows the Stanfor/Florida game starting at 7, the games take 2 hours and then there is warm ups etc.

I will be watching the whole time, waiting, trying to make my 'What are you drinking" libation last and not overwhelm me.

TexasZagFan
11-23-2017, 07:37 AM
It is my fervent hope that the game actually starts at 9. The site shows the Stanfor/Florida game starting at 7, the games take 2 hours and then there is warm ups etc.

I will be watching the whole time, waiting, trying to make my 'What are you drinking" libation last and not overwhelm me.

Not a chance, there's no break between games. My DVR is set for 3 hours. I'll be very surprised if I can endure to the end...11PM Central game time.

jazzdelmar
11-23-2017, 07:39 AM

Hilton Head ain’t all that bad.

TexasZagFan
11-23-2017, 07:44 AM
Hilton Head ain’t all that bad.

Neither is Del Mar...