PDA

View Full Version : summer overseas trip?

soccerdud
11-21-2017, 08:47 PM
just realized that i don't ever remember the zags taking a summer overseas tour/trip. have they ever? have few or roth ever commented on the subject?

was listening to an interview the other day and a former coach was saying that these can be hugely useful and can result in something like 10 extra practice days during summer.

i gotta imagine the zags could pull it off without causing an international incident.

Bogozags
11-22-2017, 05:58 AM
just realized that i don't ever remember the zags taking a summer overseas tour/trip. have they ever? have few or roth ever commented on the subject?

was listening to an interview the other day and a former coach was saying that these can be hugely useful and can result in something like 10 extra practice days during summer.

i gotta imagine the zags could pull it off without causing an international incident.

I asked this question sometime ago and never received a viable response...

Love to see it happen and can't help but think it would be great for recruiting...

willandi
11-22-2017, 07:54 AM
These guys wouldn't shop lift, but they just might lift a small shop! LOLhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGKxn4pUwAAFu9F.jpg:large

zagamatic
11-22-2017, 09:07 AM
With all the guys we have who play on national teams, etc during the summer, I don't see how this would be all that viable.

DixieZag
11-22-2017, 11:00 AM
Yes, the above is an excellent answer. We have so many international players playing through the summer for their country, it would be near impossible.

Also, Few makes it quite clear that he lives a balanced life between coaching and family, it's one of his most admirable traits. I would bet that he will not give up that precious summer time with his family. I think that's great.

sittingon50
11-22-2017, 11:17 AM
Also, Few makes it quite clear that he lives a balanced life between coaching and family, it's one of his most admirable traits. I would bet that he will not give up that precious summer time with his family. .

My take.

bartruff1
11-22-2017, 12:14 PM
It could happen....if Nike or someone would provide for the team the staff and their families ....including all charters and lodging and ground transportation...and plenty of off days to enjoy a European family vacation...

I think it would be very effective marketing, for Nike and for Gonzaga.....basketball is a world sport , those venues would be full of potential customers and future Zags...