PDA

View Full Version : John Stockton at the Hall of Fame Classic

Section 116
11-20-2017, 04:03 PM
Stockton was interviewed by Fran Fraschilla at halftime of the College Basektball Hall of Fame Classic game UCLA vs. Creighton. As you know he was inducted in the Hall of Fame this weekend. Below are his responses to a few questions from Fran. Also interviewed at halftime, Bo Ryan and Paul Silas. Here are John's comments:

I never thought I'd be in the college hall of fame. We were just worried about getting fans in the arena. Initially it surprised me so many of my teammates showed up. (in Kansas City)! We had a great time at dinner last night, making fun of our coaches and recalling the past. I'm proudest of carrying the torch for a short time. We had just a touch of that( Zags Mania) at the very beginning. Last year at the national championship game I saw old Zags crying in the stands.

Zagguy
11-20-2017, 08:20 PM
Stockton was interviewed by Fran Fraschilla at halftime of the College Basektball Hall of Fame Classic game UCLA vs. Creighton. As you know he was inducted in the Hall of Fame this weekend. Below are his responses to a few questions from Fran. Also interviewed at halftime, Bo Ryan and Paul Silas. Here are John's comments:

I never thought I'd be in the college hall of fame. We were just worried about getting fans in the arena. Initially it surprised me so many of my teammates showed up. (in Kansas City)! We had a great time at dinner last night, making fun of our coaches and recalling the past. I'm proudest of carrying the torch for a short time. We had just a touch of that at the very beginning. Last year at the national championship game I saw old Zags crying in the stands.
He was a few seats down from me at Elite 8. He put his head in his lap for the last minutes or so. I do believe he cried, too.

gueastcoast
11-21-2017, 07:14 AM
He was a few seats down from me at Elite 8. He put his head in his lap for the last minutes or so. I do believe he cried, too.

Word. I totally lost it in Phoenix after the win over South Carolina, and I wasn't alone - lots of ol' dogs in my section.

TexasZagFan
11-21-2017, 08:42 AM
Word. I totally lost it in Phoenix after the win over South Carolina, and I wasn't alone - lots of ol' dogs in my section.

It was the Xavier game that did me in. Putting the game away with 8+ minutes to go, gave me time to reflect on the ghosts from the past that were laid to rest...forever.

Zagnificent
11-21-2017, 10:13 AM
It was the Xavier game that did me in. Putting the game away with 8+ minutes to go, gave me time to reflect on the ghosts from the past that were laid to rest...forever.

That last 3 by Rui, watching him skip down the court with a huge smile on his face, was one of the best moments in my life. Right behind that is when Karno basically picked up Mark Few. That was an awesome sight to behold. The entire team was elatedójust floating on a cloud.