PDA

View Full Version : CBS: 25 and one--Zags move to #15

MDABE80
11-19-2017, 01:51 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-a-team-in-the-top-10-finally-plays-a-true-road-game/

I think we're a good team right now. We need to develop into a GREAT team. I think we can do that as the season moves on. We should get by Ohio St. Not sure how we'll do with the Fla-Stanford winner. We have magnificent talent. Now, Few must merge all this skill to a top 10 team. I think we'll surprise in the PK80. Tillie's doing so well because a. he's good and b. J3 is being doubled down low which opens things for Killian. Larsen is a big surprise. Good but I didn't know how good he'd be as a 1st yr player. Kispert's blistering the opposition. As the year progresses, we'll ascend. Top 10 by Christmas.

gonzagafan62
11-19-2017, 01:58 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-a-team-in-the-top-10-finally-plays-a-true-road-game/

I think we're a good team right now. We need to develop into a GREAT team. I think we can do that as the season moves on. We should get by Ohio St. Not sure how we'll do with the Fla-Stanford winner. We have magnificent talent. Now, Few must merge all this skill to a top 10 team. I think we'll surprise in the PK80. Tillie's doing so well because a. he's good and b. J3 is being doubled down low which opens things for Killian. Larsen is a big surprise. Good but I didn't know how good he'd be as a 1st yr player. Kispert's blistering the opposition. As the year progresses, we'll ascend. Top 10 by Christmas.

I know you don't really wanna not start Tillie or J3, but I'd put Larsen in as starter and see how effective he is. You can still make sure all three get a good amount of minutes but I think Larsen is the key. Could be wrong, and I might be crazy but I think he needs to be in. That's just my two cents.

cggonzaga
11-19-2017, 02:15 PM
I know you don't really wanna not start Tillie or J3, but I'd put Larsen in as starter and see how effective he is. You can still make sure all three get a good amount of minutes but I think Larsen is the key. Could be wrong, and I might be crazy but I think he needs to be in. That's just my two cents.

Asking a honest question here, why would we do that? My belief is you play your best players. Larsen is not that. He’s been good in 3-4 minute spurts. He’s also had some not so good 3-4 spurts. I like what Larsen is doing so far but why try to fix something that isn’t broken? I don’t think the kid has played more than 10min in a game yet.

webspinnre
11-19-2017, 03:48 PM
Remember that he's a freshman who's missed a bunch of time with injury. It's going to take some time to get him really smooth. Until then, I like rotating him in.

seacatfan
11-19-2017, 04:07 PM
I think in 2 of the games Larsen was largely ineffective in the first half, but came on strong after halftime. I'm good with him not starting for now.

gonzagafan62
11-19-2017, 05:17 PM
I think in 2 of the games Larsen was largely ineffective in the first half, but came on strong after halftime. I'm good with him not starting for now.

That's true. All of you have made good points

Zagricultural
11-19-2017, 10:21 PM

I agree. Larsen and Tillie.

FlyZag
11-20-2017, 08:50 AM
Larsen would be gobbled up with fouls if he started. He's better coming off the bench at this point. (my opinion)