PDA

View Full Version : Attn LA area Zags

zeeehjee
10-24-2007, 01:02 PM
I hope that you are all safe from the fires. Its been smokey my way, but I'm in no danger.

I thought it might be good to try and organize a couple of "Game Watches" at a local pub where we can meet and cheer on the Zags together, but first lets see what kind of interest there is. If you are interested just make a post and tell us where you live. I'll start:

Definately interested.
I'm from Camarillo.

SoCalZag
10-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Absolutely. I'm in Riverside.

uwaa02
10-24-2007, 03:37 PM
We are a spread out bunch aren't we. I'm near Manhattan Beach, but i'm in for game watches

Its quite hazy and muggy here and lots of ash in the air. Kinda surreal really. Where I'm at half of LA would have to burn for it to reach me though.

drnoe
10-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Keep this thread alive throughout the season. A lot of games being televised this season...try virtually all of them. I'd like to hook up with fellow LA Zags fans at least a few times. I'm in Monson territory and have season tix to LBSU games...if the Zags are on TV during a 49er game, I'm either staying at home or hitting the bar...to hell with TIVO, I want to watch it live. Looks like we're all spread out. I'd like to see a get-together before/after the LMU/Pepperdine games too.

ZigZagSoCal
10-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Hi there,
I'm here in Huntington Beach and also have tix to the LMU game. Please keep me posted.

LAZAGFAN11
10-24-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm a senior at GU currently. But I'd love to go watch a Zags game at a bar when I'm back for winter break.

I live in Thousand Oaks.

zeeehjee
10-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Awesome. Thank you all for responding. (LAZagfan... we're practically neighbors!)

I did some looking on line and it looks as though there is a Zag Alumni Club of Los Angeles. Do any of you have ties to this organization? I'm not an alum, so perhaps one of you could find the contact through this link and let us know if they have anything planned...

http://www.gonzaga.edu/Campus-Resources/Offices-and-Services-A-Z/Alumni/AlumniChapters/los-angeles-chapter.asp

Yes, we're all spread out, so we'll probably have to move around the area to see what works best. I go to a lot of the Notre Dame game watches in Westwood, where there are some good places. If you have any other ideas let me know.

gmo
10-25-2007, 07:39 PM
It would be great to meet some fellow L.A. Zags sometime for sure.

I typically try and catch the LMU, Pepperdine and San Diego games live as well - not sure the schedule will permit all three this year. Plus we now have a 5 month old girl, so that changes my "hang out for hours at sports bar" excursions some!

Go Zags!

gmo

Yeah, the ash and smoke has been killing my eyes lately... maybe God will bless this area and drop a little rain. So sad watching the houses burn on TV.