PDA

View Full Version : TV for Tuesday (Edited to add: ESPN3 carrying this one)

23zagmd
11-12-2017, 05:12 PM
Good God! I have never even heard of ESFC or ATSN? Anyone know if either of these is on DirectTV?

RRZagFan
11-12-2017, 05:19 PM
Direct Tv 683

IdahoTJR
11-13-2017, 11:39 AM
Looks like ESPN 3 will have the game

gozagswoohoo
11-13-2017, 11:43 AM
Looks like ESPN 3 will have the game

It sure does!!! Awesome. Glad you pointed that out.

https://i.imgur.com/wm5ozoB.png

slickguser
11-13-2017, 11:45 AM
Should also be on WatchStadium

https://player.watchstadium.com/65/iframe.html?asset_id=108624&player_id=65&type=liveevent

billbow47
11-14-2017, 03:52 AM
I believe the game starts at 6pm

WallaWallaZag
11-14-2017, 05:09 AM
I believe the game starts at 6pm

yes, that's correct for pacific time, but the screen shot is from woohoo...he has his own time zone.

Reborn
11-14-2017, 06:13 AM
I have Charter here in Yakima and the game is being shown on ROOT 6 pm

gozagswoohoo
11-14-2017, 06:18 AM
yes, that's correct for pacific time, but the screen shot is from woohoo...he has his own time zone.

Whoopsy daisy. Yes, that's my time zone here near St. Louis.

TheGonzagaFactor
11-14-2017, 07:01 AM
Good God! I have never even heard of ESFC or ATSN? Anyone know if either of these is on DirectTV?

ESFC is ESPN Full Court (Sunday Ticket for NCAAB) and ATSN is ATT Sportsnet (formerly ROOT in many areas).

It's on:

KHQ
ROOT-NW
ATTSN-Rocky Mtn
ROOT-SW (Alternate feed vs Rockets game)

If outside of those broadcast areas, you should have the ESPN3 feed available.

kitzbuel
11-14-2017, 07:52 AM
Whoopsy daisy. Yes, that's my time zone here near St. Louis.

You know how Pig Pen had his little dust cloud that followed him around? You have your own time zone that follows you around.

gozagswoohoo
11-14-2017, 09:13 AM
You know how Pig Pen had his little dust cloud that followed him around? You have your own time zone that follows you around.

That would explain a lot of my issues.

Ebay
11-14-2017, 09:19 AM
ESFC is ESPN Full Court (Sunday Ticket for NCAAB) and ATSN is ATT Sportsnet (formerly ROOT in many areas).

It's on:

KHQ
ROOT-NW
ATTSN-Rocky Mtn
ROOT-SW (Alternate feed vs Rockets game)

If outside of those broadcast areas, you should have the ESPN3 feed available.

So if I'm in one of those broadcast areas(Portland), will the game on ESPN3 be blacked out? I'm trying so hard to get rid of Comcast, but it seems like it might be the only option to see the Root games if ESPN3 is blacked out for me.

thespywhozaggedme
11-14-2017, 10:03 AM
We are only into our second game and there is so much drama this year about our games being televised. It's no different than any other year, it's either on Root or one of the ESPN's.

thespywhozaggedme
11-14-2017, 10:05 AM
I have been a diehard Zags fan since 1998. 11 years ago when I got Dish I bought the sports package, it's only eight dollars extra month. I never miss a game. This is not hard people.

Ebay
11-14-2017, 10:29 AM
I have been a diehard Zags fan since 1998. 11 years ago when I got Dish I bought the sports package, it's only eight dollars extra month. I never miss a game. This is not hard people.

Congrats on your track record of Zag fandom. I live in an apartment, so Dish is not an option. I've had Comcast for years, but their prices are outrageous and customer service is awful. I'm trying to be smarter with my money, and Sling has been a fantastic option. The ONE SINGLE DOWNSIDE is the unavailability of the ROOT Sports games. I was excited to see it listed on the ESPN3 menu until hearing it would be likely blacked out as I have the option of paying an arm and a leg for Comcast.

I was merely asking for further insight on the situation. Thank you for making me feel like I'm not worthy of being a Zag fan.

slickguser
11-14-2017, 10:37 AM
So if I'm in one of those broadcast areas(Portland), will the game on ESPN3 be blacked out? I'm trying so hard to get rid of Comcast, but it seems like it might be the only option to see the Root games if ESPN3 is blacked out for me.

For this game, you also have the option of WatchStadium:

https://player.watchstadium.com/65/iframe.html?asset_id=108624&player_id=65&type=liveevent

At this point, it does not look to be blocked for anyone. Public access.

thespywhozaggedme
11-14-2017, 11:01 AM
Congrats on your track record of Zag fandom. I live in an apartment, so Dish is not an option. I've had Comcast for years, but their prices are outrageous and customer service is awful. I'm trying to be smarter with my money, and Sling has been a fantastic option. The ONE SINGLE DOWNSIDE is the unavailability of the ROOT Sports games. I was excited to see it listed on the ESPN3 menu until hearing it would be likely blacked out as I have the option of paying an arm and a leg for Comcast.

I was merely asking for further insight on the situation. Thank you for making me feel like I'm not worthy of being a Zag fan.

Are you positive you are not allowed satellite in your apartment building? In my old apartment building at Southern California they had no problem with satellite dishes. Have you actually inquired, is my question.

TheGonzagaFactor
11-14-2017, 11:04 AM

Boy, that's unnecessarily condescending....

That sports package is not an option for everyone. This is not hard to understand :roll:

As if everyone can just do what you did because everyone is just like you... LOL

thespywhozaggedme
11-14-2017, 11:20 AM
Boy, that's unnecessarily condescending....

That sports package is not an option for everyone. This is not hard to understand :roll:

As if everyone can just do what you did because everyone is just like you... LOL

Whoever your television service provider I s, the sports package is roughly 8 dollars extra month. I would think that most people could find an extra $8 if it was important to them. I do not think that's extravagant at all. To me I sacrificed somewhere else to spend the extra dollars to get all of the Gonzaga games. I did not mean to be condescending, my apologies if it came across that way I was merely suggesting that it is not very expensive to watch every single Gonzaga game.

Zagricultural
11-14-2017, 12:12 PM
We are only into our second game and there is so much drama this year about our games being televised. It's no different than any other year, it's either on Root or one of the ESPN's.

Yes, but in other years uziz or Philly hooked us up :)

Zagricultural
11-14-2017, 12:15 PM
In my case, I'm in the boonies up North of Spokane. TV isn't an option, so I rely completely on online streams.

MDABE80
11-14-2017, 12:43 PM
We used to be lucky if one channel showed a game......my my...things have changed. Nothing's free anymore.
I will say this: Stadium is amazing in its presentation. I used it last week in Tucson.......worked like a charm.

Ebay
11-14-2017, 02:16 PM
We used to be lucky if one channel showed a game......my my...things have changed. Nothing's free anymore.
I will say this: Stadium is amazing in its presentation. I used it last week in Tucson.......worked like a charm.

Reached out to Stadium. The Zag game is blacked out in Portland. Ugh.

slickguser
11-14-2017, 02:36 PM
Reached out to Stadium. The Zag game is blacked out in Portland. Ugh.

Yes, recently it was updated:

"geo_disabled": {
"Country": "United states, US",
"Region": "Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, US|CO, US|NV, US|OR, US|UT, US|WA"
},
"geo_restricted": true

kitzbuel
11-14-2017, 03:08 PM
For those with Dish, it is on AT&T Sports Net 412-04.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

isongd
11-14-2017, 03:21 PM
Said it in other fishing thread. But, should pop up here at some point (usually no more than an hour before gametime): https://www.reddit.com/r/ncaaBBallStreams/

Can sign up and post request to make sure. Sometimes on the streams they provide you need to enable flash.

To do this all you need to do is click small "i" with circle around it next to your url (left) then go down to flash and click allow.

This link should work to find link to the game, for every game, if its not there on a given week you can always request and they will get it done.

Once and Future Zag
11-14-2017, 04:43 PM

FCC Order 98-273 or the FCC Satellite Rule, this law states that landlords cannot ban satellite dishes from a rental property.

As long as the satellite dish is 40 inches or smaller in diameter, it must be allowed on the property in private rented space when installed by a professional. The law allows the landlord to supervise installation and impose reasonable restrictions about dish placement.

isongd
11-14-2017, 04:47 PM
Game specific link. https://www.reddit.com/r/ncaaBBallStreams/comments/7d0lbx/game_thread_howard_vs_17_gonzaga_0900_pm_est/

See my post above about flash if you have trouble viewing.

tobizag
11-14-2017, 05:13 PM
wtv has authentication error. espn3 blacked out. wtf

Birddog
11-14-2017, 05:16 PM
Anybody else getting a bad pixelated feed on 674 DirecTV?

BayAreaZagFan
11-14-2017, 05:45 PM

It's blacked out here in Northern CA as well. I, too, have Comcast and they don't even offer Root. I have to go to a bar to catch it on DirectTV if I want to see the games that aren't on nationally. And I don't always feel like going to a bar on a weeknight. God I'm getting old.

Ekrub
11-14-2017, 06:37 PM
FCC Order 98-273 or the FCC Satellite Rule, this law states that landlords cannot ban satellite dishes from a rental property.

As long as the satellite dish is 40 inches or smaller in diameter, it must be allowed on the property in private rented space when installed by a professional. The law allows the landlord to supervise installation and impose reasonable restrictions about dish placement.

Thats if the apartment is faving the correct direction

ndzags
11-14-2017, 06:39 PM
Said it in other fishing thread. But, should pop up here at some point (usually no more than an hour before gametime): https://www.reddit.com/r/ncaaBBallStreams/

Can sign up and post request to make sure. Sometimes on the streams they provide you need to enable flash.

To do this all you need to do is click small "i" with circle around it next to your url (left) then go down to flash and click allow.

This link should work to find link to the game, for every game, if its not there on a given week you can always request and they will get it done.

Thanks for this!!! only way I was able to watch the game. We are going to be so good this year. Hard to decide on my favorite lineup

isongd
11-14-2017, 07:13 PM
Thanks for this!!! only way I was able to watch the game. We are going to be so good this year. Hard to decide on my favorite lineup

No problem. Save that first link and you'll be good all season. We look great, new guys are way better than expected.

Coyot21
11-14-2017, 07:20 PM
I just moved over to the Left side of Washington and have found another reason to dislike living here. I have tried OTA, Sling Tv (espn3 and stadium=blacked out), anyone else over here have suggestions other than Dish, Comcast, or DirecTV? We don't watch enough other TV to justify pay for any of them. I used to do a lot of fishing, but have no problem with using sling, psvue, or other similar streaming services. Saw that Ustream has been lost on Roku, unless Nowhereman has come up with another solution. I guess ustream has disabled their API for roku. Any suggestions from my fellow displaced Zagfans?

Edit: Saw the Reddit links, anyone know if there is a way to use those links via roku? Thanks again.

isongd
11-14-2017, 09:16 PM
I just moved over to the Left side of Washington and have found another reason to dislike living here. I have tried OTA, Sling Tv (espn3 and stadium=blacked out), anyone else over here have suggestions other than Dish, Comcast, or DirecTV? We don't watch enough other TV to justify pay for any of them. I used to do a lot of fishing, but have no problem with using sling, psvue, or other similar streaming services. Saw that Ustream has been lost on Roku, unless Nowhereman has come up with another solution. I guess ustream has disabled their API for roku. Any suggestions from my fellow displaced Zagfans?

Edit: Saw the Reddit links, anyone know if there is a way to use those links via roku? Thanks again.

I'm not sure exactly the steps to take as I don't use roku, but you can probably screen mirror your laptop, phone, or tablet ... I.e. play the links on these devices and it will show up on tv through Roku. Give it a google search. There is probably an app, or a setting on Roku that would allow you to do it.