PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game: Texas Southern - 11.10.2017

RenoZag
11-10-2017, 06:58 PM
It feels great to start another edition of Zags basketball. Zags were a little loose with the ball ( 13 TO's with 2:34 to play in the 2nd Half ) and we saw more Kispert than Wade tonight. Perkins leads all scorers with 20. . .Zags outrebounded Texas Southern by 22. Zags with 21 Asst / 14 TO's

Team shot 48% from the field, 44% from 3PFG. FT % = 72.7%

Who is your player of the game ??

STATS: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=191695

gonzagafan62
11-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Perkins. Cal me pleasantly surprised

ZagNative
11-10-2017, 07:09 PM
Good night for Perk!

Zagnailler
11-10-2017, 07:09 PM
JP did a fine job tonight. The first of many we hope.:clap:

hooter73
11-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Obviously with a loose game like this you go with the standout high scorer, but something about the small forward play tonight from all who played in that spot seemed like the back breaker.

Birddog
11-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Perkins, with several runners up.

gozagswoohoo
11-10-2017, 07:27 PM
Putting my ring on the pole by Perkins name.

zagamatic
11-10-2017, 07:29 PM
I went with Perkins, but I gotta give a bonus vote for the training / medical staff for finally getting the entire roster cleared to play for the first time today.

Goshzagit
11-10-2017, 07:35 PM
I went with Perkins, but I gotta give a bonus vote for the training / medical staff for finally getting the entire roster cleared to play for the first time today.

Great post.

Jones, Wade, Tillie, & Larsen all missed significant time these past 6 wks of practice.

Amazing how bouncy Tillie looked following not one, but two sprained ankles since end of September. He bounces back incredibly quickly from his persistent injured ankle.

Health will be a determining factor for this team. Moreso than most years.

We have bodies but we have imperative players with no back ups this year.

I will say, Tillie and Perkins MUST stay on the court.

billyberu
11-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Obviously with a loose game like this you go with the standout high scorer, but something about the small forward play tonight from all who played in that spot seemed like the back breaker.Suddenly, Gonzaga is loaded at the small forward position.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

whatazag
11-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Since there was no post game thread I will say here I was most impressed by Jones and Larson. I expected absolutely nothing out of Jones and not a lot of Larson and now I think they can both contribute.

GonzaGAW
11-10-2017, 08:01 PM
like everyone else, went with perkins, easy pick, his run of 3 pointers pushed us past and away from stu, and we really never looked back.

the assist to turnover ratio 1.5 is okay, but I was disappointed with 14 turnovers, we were a bit too loose at times.

I can see jw3 is going to take more free throws than anyone else on the team, hope he can bring his percentage to 70%. I'd be okay with that.

cggonzaga
11-10-2017, 08:48 PM
I will say, Tillie and Perkins MUST stay on the court.

Kind of think you’d have to add Melson and JWIII to those two. Melson is playing terrific team ball early on and his on ball defense is as good as we’ve had.

Mantua
11-10-2017, 08:57 PM
Kind of think you’d have to add Melson and JWIII to those two. Melson is playing terrific team ball early on and his on ball defense is as good as we’ve had.

I’m glad that you brought this up. This is a rough period for veteran players while the young’uns are figuring out the offense and, especially, the defense. Williams can be affected by nervousness from time to time, but Is indispensable. Nelson is a calming influence. He’s so solid.

I almost voted for Silas.
My vote went to Josh.

Reborn
11-11-2017, 07:35 AM
Good way for Perkins to begin the season. Six three's are a lot. And he made 60% of them. I see MDABE hasn't posted yet. Just giving you a hard time Doc, All in good fun. The way we give our friends a hard time over some things.

TravelinZag
11-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Tight, multi-player race for runner-up, but Perkins is the choice going away!

Nice start, Perks! Nice start, Zags! Third week of NCAA within reach w/o injuries, and FF possible as team comes together.

Go Zags!

zag buddy
11-11-2017, 01:32 PM
I voted for Josh. But did you notice that on free throw line ups Jones was on the line and Cory was not. I think that is significant.

Bogozags
11-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Josh had a nice game scoring...6 for 10 is awesome but I chose Tillie because of his rebounding and defence and Zach also had an overall good game, leading the team in assists. Melson had another journeyman's game too!

kitzbuel
11-12-2017, 12:51 PM
Perkins with out a doubt. The offense really clicked with him in and he made a good effort to be careful with the ball.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk