PDA

View Full Version : it's game day. the best day of the week.

Reborn
11-10-2017, 08:09 AM
OK everyone. This day has finally arrived. It's game day, and the first game of the year. I can feel it. The Zags are ready. Most of us have our predictions in, and we're ready too. It's seems like forever since we last saw our Zags in action. It seemed like a very long off-season for me. We missed out on so many recruits. Fans began to get nervous I think. Finally in the last month we have signed a couple of pretty darn good high school players. But the long wait is over and a new season begins. We're "Back on the Road again."

The practice game against College of Idaho didn't really show me much. I don't believe that it was the way the Zags will play tonight. I have always believed that the season begins with the first real game. I'm anxious to see if Kispert shoots as much tonight. I want to see Larsen more, as he'll be up against a 7 footer. I don't think that Tillie, will have a lot of trouble with him. Tillie will drive around him all night I think. Let's see how Rui plays tonight. As I said in the prediction thread I expect a blow-out. You have to admit. It's a damn good feeling every time we see our Zags in action.

Go Zags11

GrizZAG
11-10-2017, 08:21 AM
"the first game of the rear. I can feel it"

Not sure what to say... Nice!

zagdontzig
11-10-2017, 09:05 AM
Even though we had the shortest off season of any team (we freaking played in April y'all), I agree with Reborn; it felt like a very long off-season. We're ready for Zags Basketball.

thespywhozaggedme
11-10-2017, 09:31 AM
I feel like my daughters on Christmas Eve

ZagsGoZags
11-10-2017, 10:23 AM
you are right Reborn, the off season seemed like an eternity to me also,
worse than usual, even though factually is was the shortest one in the last 20 years
if not ever
last year I would keep the tapes all season, and that way could re watch
portions of games, check on my memory, etc.
all revvvv'd up Let's GO

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-10-2017, 11:18 AM
Not ashamed in the least to admit Zags schedule determines my social calendar on game nights.

Can’t wait to see the new squad tonight. I’m expecting strong outings from Perkins, JWIII and Melson. Very curious to see how playing time is spread out. With big time opponents on the near horizon coaches’ top priority must be prepping team for those games not keeping all the talent happy. Eight players only unless Zags are up by 20+ points?:
Perkins; Melson; Norvell; Kispert
Williams; Tillie; Rui; Larsen

If either Jones or Wade are healthy playing time decisions get real interesting and challenging.

zagcheer78
11-10-2017, 03:03 PM
Can hardly wait!
Go Zags!