• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZionZag
    Kennel Club
    • Sep 2013

ESPN LIKES J3 BETTER....

The top spot on our list was decided the day Miles Bridges decided he was all-in for another season with Sparty. Who follows him? Well, that isn't as simple, because this crop of college stars has old hands and new faces.
  • MDABE80
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

With only and exhibition game under our belts, I think J3's headed for a huge season. He didn't score the most the other night but if you focus on him, his footwork, jumping, positioning is much better than last year. He s got a chance to get serious looks. If he continues to blossom, he'll be close to the phone on Draft day.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
      With only and exhibition game under our belts, I think J3's headed for a huge season. He didn't score the most the other night but if you focus on him, his footwork, jumping, positioning is much better than last year. He s got a chance to get serious looks. If he continues to blossom, he'll be close to the phone on Draft day.
      his athleticism and ability to guard on the perimeter alone will get him looks in today's nba...needs to improve his rebounding rates and continue to improve shooting

Comment

• zagdontzig
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2016

Is Landale that good?
        Originally posted by Reborn
        Go Zags!!!
        Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• thebigsmoove
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
          Is Landale that good?
          I like landale, but i feel like hes really, really overrated. We gave him fits all 3 games last year.

Comment

• ZagsObserver
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2010

Landale is that good. The big lineup (and fresh bodies we could throw out) would have given almost anyone fits last year. We don’t have that this year, and I fully expect Landale to frustrate the Zags this year unless we go zone.

Comment

• bigblahla
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Landale has yet to show he can stay on the floor against the Zags....good player....good team but if he can't stay on the floor it don't mean squat...

Just my opinion

Go!! Zags!!!
              "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• thebigsmoove
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
                Landale is that good. The big lineup (and fresh bodies we could throw out) would have given almost anyone fits last year. We don’t have that this year, and I fully expect Landale to frustrate the Zags this year unless we go zone.
                I dont feel like we have lost a lot on front court, especially if Tillie makes the leap a lot of people think hes about to make. JW3, Tillie, and Larsen are a legit rotation.

Comment

• willandi
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by thebigsmoove View Post
                  I dont feel like we have lost a lot on front court, especially if Tillie makes the leap a lot of people think hes about to make. JW3, Tillie, and Larsen are a legit rotation.
                  Don't forget an athletic Rui with his 7'2" wingspan. He will be able to give some minutes and help with defense too.
                  Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• slickguser
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Nov 2013

I think people often only really care about offense.

JW3 is also great at defense. His defense is the reason that I believe he should be ranked higher on many lists. If you take his speed, footwork, jumping ability, and left/right hook shot and add in his defense.... wow, I am excited to see what he will do when he is a point of emphasis. It was clear that the exhibition was setup to allow the freshmen to log some minutes. JW3 will be a headache for many teams.

Landale is very good. His offensive abilities are high. But I do not believe that his defensive skills are any where near his offensive abilities.

Either way, like any of these lists that get posted, they are just for clicks. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

zags don't have anyone to guard him on d...people seem to forget how bad landale abused collins on several occasions...karnowski is the only guy who gave landale problems all last year. ristic and markannen at zona couldn't handle him.
                      he'll likely struggle with the quickness of either tillie or williams on the other end, so hopefully it will balance out.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by slickguser View Post
                        I think people often only really care about offense.

JW3 is also great at defense. His defense is the reason that I believe he should be ranked higher on many lists. If you take his speed, footwork, jumping ability, and left/right hook shot and add in his defense.... wow, I am excited to see what he will do when he is a point of emphasis. It was clear that the exhibition was setup to allow the freshmen to log some minutes. JW3 will be a headache for many teams.

Landale is very good. His offensive abilities are high. But I do not believe that his defensive skills are any where near his offensive abilities.
                        this...landale just doesn't have the athleticism vertically or horizontally...or the sheer mass and knowledge of positioning that karnowski possessed. it's the reason he's not really much of an nba prospect + lack of range on his shot.

Comment

• webspinnre
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Remember that last year we had Karnowski who could absolutely handle him. Landale is stellar though, and will be more of a challenge this year. I think it's just that so many people nationally underestimated Karnowski.
                          I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• zagdontzig
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2016

Ever since our Elite 8 collapse to Syracuse, I feel like Few has been polishing the zone defense, and its been paying. We shut down numerous play-makers last year. I flip flop on Landale, but if he's as-billed, I'm hoping coaching beats talent, and we can contain him.
                            Originally posted by Reborn
                            Go Zags!!!
                            Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• ZagsObserver
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2010

No where near the defensive prowess.

Comment

Working...
                              X