PDA

View Full Version : So what happened to the

RenoZag
11-05-2017, 09:55 PM
"Post Game" thread ? ( after the COI exhibition game ) ?

Has the level of censorship finally reached the point where entire threads are deleted because somebody's nose is out of joint ?

Do tell. . .I must have missed the memo that said First Amendment rights don't apply in this forum. . .

MDABE80
11-05-2017, 10:18 PM
We got the boot! Too much fightin' over opinions. A word to the wise............:)

Zagger
11-06-2017, 03:03 AM
It’s tiring wading through threads to find the types of considerate posts one used to find on this forum regularly. Some of you know who I am. If the forum improves give me a shout. I’m outta here.

Birddog
11-06-2017, 03:58 AM

Has the level of censorship finally reached the point where entire threads are deleted because somebody's nose is out of joint ?

Do tell. . .I must have missed the memo that said First Amendment rights don't apply in this forum. . .

Yeah agreed, plenty of reasons to quit following the thread but no good reason to take it down completely IMO.

DixieZag
11-06-2017, 04:18 AM
Just one review of a random upset football fan base (Aggies) and one will appreciate the relatively incredible civility here. https://texags.com/forums/5

RainierZag
11-06-2017, 04:27 AM

I must have missed the memo that said First Amendment rights don't apply in this forum. . .

I don't post often, but I read every day.

Just because coded words were used instead of the actual racial slurs to describe the perceived shortcomings of a Zag starter doesn't mean they weren't offensive. I 100% agreed with the half dozen or so seasoned posters who were begging the mods to nuke the thread and I thank the mod that did it (obviously not you).

thebigsmoove
11-06-2017, 04:53 AM
Ive followed forums for years and never have i ever seen so many people argue over the rules regarding a forum more than here. Its absolutely hilarious. People need to stop worrying about controlling others and just take a deep breath.

tummydoc
11-06-2017, 05:17 AM

Just because coded words were used instead of the actual racial slurs to describe the perceived shortcomings of a Zag starter doesn't mean they weren't offensive. I 100% agreed with the half dozen or so seasoned posters who were begging the mods to nuke the thread and I thank the mod that did it (obviously not you).Race card? I didn't see it. Criticisms and praise were about play and ability, nothing more.

Bogozags
11-06-2017, 05:25 AM
Race card? I didn't see it. Criticisms and praise were about play and ability, nothing more.

+1

Birddog
11-06-2017, 05:28 AM
coded words were used instead of the actual racial slurs
That's a serious accusation, I didn't see anything that remotely resembled a racial slur or coded words for that matter.

TexasZagFan
11-06-2017, 05:31 AM
Ive followed forums for years and never have i ever seen so many people argue over the rules regarding a forum more than here. Its absolutely hilarious. People need to stop worrying about controlling others and just take a deep breath.

...and laced with a harmless dose of nitrous oxide? :lmao:

thespywhozaggedme
11-06-2017, 05:32 AM

Of course First Amendment rights do not apply in this forum, First Amendment rights are specifically about government censorship.

TexasZagFan
11-06-2017, 05:37 AM
Just one review of a random upset football fan base (Aggies) and one will appreciate the relatively incredible civility here. https://texags.com/forums/5

Without reviewing that site, the status of Kevin Sumlin has been an ongoing "conversation" for months. While Texas HS football has few peers, Texas collegiate football has been mediocre, to put it gently. Despite all that, basketball ranks a distant second, as Mr. Hepa will soon discover.

Zagricultural
11-06-2017, 05:46 AM
I for one am super happy to see it gone. Thanks Mods!

Reborn
11-06-2017, 06:36 AM
I certainly don't see a need to delete a whole thread because some people continue to attack fans to post here because they have differing opinions. MDABE should be able to speak freely here without being attacked. We certainly should be able to handle disagreements. Please delete those posts of people who are attacking each other. I feel that this thread is important here because it's about our first game in 2017.

If people keep attacking fans who post here just because they have their own opinions I would send them to Siberia for a few weeks.

Zagceo
11-06-2017, 06:50 AM
Place will get real boring if differing opinions are banned.

Reborn
11-06-2017, 07:07 AM
I doubt if having a different opinion about the play of Josh P was the cause of this thread being deleted. I believe it was caused by posters attacking Abe. This board has always let people contribute to this forum by sharing different ideas. However, many fans are getting very tired of all this attacking that happens way to often imo. I guess I disagreed with what you said, but am not attacking you. I think that's the key.

ZagsObserver
11-06-2017, 07:11 AM
Don’t have a problem with it either way. The poster in question was a bit of a provocateur, so not sure it elicited intelligent debate so much as snippy disagreement. Moderators are supposed to allow for civil discourse. My guess is it crossed the “civil” line.

cggonzaga
It has nothing to do with differing opinions. It has to do with certain posters attacking a certain player for the umpteenth time. No matter what said player does or doesn’t do. It’s old and pathetic much like said posters. Other posters also have first amendment rights to defend said player who doesn’t have a voice in this. Quit crying for the posters hiding behind their computers and be more responsible to the kids that give us so much to watch every week.

MontanaCoyote
"Can't we all just get along?" RK

TexasZagFan
11-06-2017, 07:32 AM
I certainly don't see a need to delete a whole thread because some people continue to attack fans to post here because they have differing opinions. MDABE should be able to speak freely here without being attacked. We certainly should be able to handle disagreements. Please delete those posts of people who are attacking each other. I feel that this thread is important here because it's about our first game in 2017.

If people keep attacking fans who post here just because they have their own opinions I would send them to Siberia for a few weeks.

Instead of Siberia, I was thinking Cheney.

BurgessEraZag
11-06-2017, 07:34 AM
What political science class did you take? What about neighbors and fellow posters telling you to shut up. That's implied censorship.

hooter73
11-06-2017, 07:43 AM
Its not censorship when the same two or three idiots keep going off topic, fighting, and ruining all the threads.

webspinnre
11-06-2017, 07:47 AM
I agree that offending posts should be deleted, rather than the entire thread, if at all possible.

ZagsObserver
11-06-2017, 07:54 AM
I agree that offending posts should be deleted, rather than the entire thread, if at all possible.

I think I remember a moderator stating that it’s time consuming going through a whole thread and deleting individual posts.

bartruff1
11-06-2017, 08:03 AM
That discussion is so yesterday......Bring on Texas Southern....one of my favorite college teams....winner of their Conference, went to the NCAA....

Take a look at their non conference schedule..

hooter73
11-06-2017, 08:05 AM
Ive modded a huge forum before that had a "no politics" rule and it wasnt that bad to kill individual posts, which saved otherwise good threads.

GrizZAG
11-06-2017, 08:27 AM
That thread became toxic at some point where a virtual pissing match began that had nothing to do with the the topic. It dissolved into personal dart throwing vitriol we see often on this forum. Some are so intolerant of other's views as seems to be our current paradigm today. Nuking it was the right move...

ZagzKrak
11-06-2017, 08:38 AM
There's a big difference between having different opinions and trolling the forums to get a rise out of people. The first is great for debate, the later not so much.

Mantua
11-06-2017, 09:02 AM
I for one am super happy to see it gone. Thanks Mods!

Me too. Thanks Mods!

MDABE80
11-06-2017, 09:24 AM
This thread was closed. It likely went the way of the dodo bird for many reasons among the largest is that it's a big pain for the guy who give of their time to moderate. We lost a very good poster yesterday. And for what? But o the point, when I say a certain player has performed well as a SG but is limited as a PG, there's no need to attack and then recruit others to attack as well. It's still my opinion and nothing's changed. Spending hours wasting time on moderating attacks becomes tedious for those who give of their time. Some just continued with their ways and so it became time to wrap it up.
At no time was anything racial (that's ridiculous) but the fact remains........best wishes to the board.

doctorzag
11-06-2017, 09:34 AM

Just because coded words were used instead of the actual racial slurs to describe the perceived shortcomings of a Zag starter doesn't mean they weren't offensive. I 100% agreed with the half dozen or so seasoned posters who were begging the mods to nuke the thread and I thank the mod that did it (obviously not you).

Coded words?? Sounds like you have been brainwashed by your SJW professers . Get a life.

Zagdawg
11-06-2017, 09:40 AM
We appreciate all that mods do for this forum ---- many times I would cringe at some posts and hope that a players mother/father sister/brother or other relative or coach etc was not reading the board with some of the stuff that has been posted about Zag players --because we are a Zag family and the program works hard to ensure that the players feel the love.

Hope this snow melts off soon!

Go Zags!

Zagdawg
11-06-2017, 09:40 AM
Duplicate-disregard

GrizZAG
11-06-2017, 09:52 AM
We appreciate all that mods do for this forum ---- many times I would cringe at some posts and hope that a players mother/father sister/brother or other relative or coach etc was not reading the board with some of the stuff that has been posted about Zag players --because we are a Zag family and the program works hard to ensure that the players feel the love.

Hope this snow melts off soon!

Go Zags!

Exactly

Reborn
11-06-2017, 10:04 AM
Instead of Siberia, I was thinking Cheney.

hahahahaahaha hahaha good one TZagnut

zag buddy
11-06-2017, 10:43 AM
This is still america. diverse opinions make us all smarter as long as it sticks to the topic and is not an individual assault.

jazzdelmar
11-06-2017, 11:02 AM
I guess I’m back. Ban lifted...I don’t know what happened either. But glad we have moved past it.

DixieZag
11-06-2017, 11:16 AM
I guess I’m back. Ban lifted...I don’t know what happened either. But glad we have moved past it.

I'm glad you're back, too.

I've probably disagreed with you more times than I've sat for hot meals, but it's just all basketball - or should be, and I know damn well you've happily dealt with people from all over the world of every stripe.

I support you, 'cept when you say stupid things, but it's all good. :)

hooter73
11-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Oh good, all the same guys that get threads locked are all in here playing nice. Unreal. Whatever, on to basketball...

ZagsGoZags
11-06-2017, 11:28 AM
well the mod that deleted it had already consumed the necessary time to read the offending posts;
why not delete the offensive posts at that time,
rather than a whole thread?

MDABE80
11-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Oh good, all the same guys that get threads locked are all in here playing nice. Unreal. Whatever, on to basketball...
You have the posters who attacked in mind? I surely hope so.

zag buddy
11-06-2017, 12:30 PM
What the hell happened to personal responsibility on this board. If you don't like some posters post DON'T READ THEM. If you can't control your emotions to anothers post don't read them. It's your choice how you emotionally respond to a different point of view. It is not the worlds job to control your emotional reactions. grow up and be responsible for your own reactions.

willandi
11-06-2017, 12:34 PM
I think I remember a moderator stating that it’s time consuming going through a whole thread and deleting individual posts.

But what is it that they don't get paid for if it isn't wasting their time? Do we not pay them nothing for a reason?

DukeSilver
11-06-2017, 12:42 PM
Coded words?? Sounds like you have been brainwashed by your SJW professers . Get a life.

As long as we’re discussing posts that should be deleted by the mods ...

In his mockery of so-called “Social Justice Warriors”, has doctorzag forgotten what a central role social justice plays in Jesuit education? Or is he simply throwing about Brietbart’s insult du jour without much (if any) consideration of its implications? My money’s on the latter, but either way, this comment should be deleted.

*Also, it’s “professors” ... Perhaps you should have paid a bit more attention to yours?

Markburn1
11-06-2017, 12:46 PM
Maybe I'll get banned for this. Who knows.

Discussing players strengths AND weaknesses shouldn't be an issue. I have as much trouble reading posts that read like someone is farting glitter as I do with the ones that read like personal vendettas against certain players. Either way, if you don't like a post, just move on. People are people. There will be some you like and some you don't. I'd prefer the posts be left up. It gives everyone a chance to evaluate other's opinions and discard the ones that don't meet your approval.

sittingon50
11-06-2017, 12:53 PM

Was on my way into Spokane Saturday during the big races, Jazz. How did things go, all-in-all?

Zagceo
11-06-2017, 01:01 PM
As long as we’re discussing posts that should be deleted by the mods ...

In his mockery of so-called “Social Justice Warriors”, has doctorzag forgotten what a central role social justice plays in Jesuit education? Or is he simply throwing about Brietbart’s insult du jour without much (if any) consideration of its implications? My money’s on the latter, but either way, this comment should be deleted.

*Also, it’s “professors” ... Perhaps you should have paid a bit more attention to yours?

FYI

But it’s not Catholic Social Justice.

http://www.catholicstand.com/catholic-social-justice-not-sjws-pitching/

jazzdelmar
11-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Was on my way into Spokane Saturday during the big races, Jazz. How did things go, all-in-all?

Brilliant weather and controlled crowds. The wealthy elite seemed happy but there’s some local resentment that Joe two dollar bettor was ignored

MDABE80
11-06-2017, 01:41 PM
FYI

http://www.catholicstand.com/catholic-social-justice-not-sjws-pitching/

Sometimes it's just better to separate Church and State. In our daily interaction, kindness rules. BUT we're not Muslims and we don't let the church be the state and control our lives. Render unto Caesar and all that considered. No theocracy here. I know I don't agree with nor implement everything the Pope says. It's impossible in this culture and time. The discussion we had yesterday was met this morning with a post that came out of the blue but had no bearing on anything said in the thread from yesterday........none. So it was met with scorn. Perhaps justifiably so.

primal23
11-06-2017, 02:22 PM
What the hell happened to personal responsibility on this board. If you don't like some posters post DON'T READ THEM. If you can't control your emotions to anothers post don't read them. It's your choice how you emotionally respond to a different point of view. It is not the worlds job to control your emotional reactions. grow up and be responsible for your own reactions.

Yep there’s even an ignore feature so you can hide any posts from whomever you choose. Too many times people strive to find something to be offended by. Life’s to short to look for problems, there are enough without looking.
I’m just stoked I get to go the the Texas southern game. Since the last game I went to was the BYU game last year, Hopi g to leave with a better taste in my mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soccerdud
11-06-2017, 03:08 PM
current forum mood:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0d/b8/38/0db83823d0668efb6df19d9c1a1135f7--festivus.jpg

ZagsObserver
11-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Let’s not throw around accusations of racism lightly, or make light of real social issues. Both are antithetical to learning and productive dialogue.

In either case, isn’t this a basketball forum?

billyberu
11-06-2017, 03:28 PM
UH-OH ! Someone is triggered. Run for your safe space.I find there's an inverse relationship between how mentally tough a person is and the number of times they utter buzzwords like snowflake, triggered, SJW and what have you. Nothing personal doctor, but I bet a box of cookies you're about as tough as a warm tortilla.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

katman50
11-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Gotta chime in here. Don't post that often. I have to say I enjoy the posts on this board and this thread. People seem to be so easily offended. I love the exchange between opposing views. Nothing offends me. Keep up the great posts, folks.

Kong-Kool-Aid
11-06-2017, 04:28 PM
It's weird it got taken down, but if a thread is I would have hoped the mod that did so would post explaining why instead of doing it anonymously.