PDA

View Full Version : Tillie

willandi
11-04-2017, 07:52 PM
If Tillie goes through the season shooting perfect from the floor, from the 3 and from the line...does he come back for his junior year?

Just kidding. WHAT AN AWESOME GAME!

Much more like that and he is the POY in the WCC.

hooter73
11-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Well Few in an interview on kHq just said he sucked bigly in the Texas scrimmage so it’s all relative at this point.

willandi
11-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Well Few in an interview on kHq just said he sucked bigly in the Texas scrimmage so it’s all relative at this point.

Sounds like he took the criticism to heart!

ZionZag
11-04-2017, 09:09 PM
Consistency will be Kills challenge this year....

cggonzaga
11-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Consistency will be Kills challenge this year....

Tillie’s ankles will be his challenge...

Reborn
11-04-2017, 10:24 PM
I said a long time ago that I expect Tillie to be a more significant player than Collins was last year. He's off to a good start. College of Idaho certainly didn't have an inside presence: so it's really hard to tell how good anyone really is. I did like what I saw though.

willandi
11-04-2017, 10:27 PM
I said a long time ago that I expect Tillie to be a more significant player than Collins was last year. He's off to a good start. College of Idaho certainly didn't have an inside presence: so it's really hard to tell who good anyone really is. I did like what I saw though.

The question is, to me, will Jock be in foul trouble trying to defend Tillie, J3 and Larsen?

I think so!

roxdoc
11-04-2017, 11:38 PM
Or will one or more of them be in foul trouble trying to guard Jock?

Goshzagit
11-05-2017, 04:48 AM
Or will one or more of them be in foul trouble trying to guard Jock?

This.

Works both ways.

Also, St Mary's added two really good bigs we don't even know about yet.

One really good transfer who was a former starter for his team, and an Elite euro big who is 6'10"+, and averaged a double double in FIBA U19 tourney.

Zagger
11-05-2017, 05:37 AM
Tillie was sure at one with the basket last night. You could tell his shots were going to fall soon after they left his hands. He's a natural. My only worry is an injury. He did come up limping from a scrum on the floor over a loose ball. Shook it off though and I couldn't really tell what part of his leg he was favoring. Glad he came out with 8+ mins still left in the game. I sure hope he can get and stay in great shape this season. He certainly makes a fine Zag :)

Mantua
11-05-2017, 04:12 PM

...which is one of several reasons for the mods to delete the post game thread.

Zag Man
11-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Watching Killian Tillie play last night, he looked a lot like Kelly Olynyk to me. He was so impressive!

WallaWallaZag
11-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Watching Killian Tillie play last night, he looked a lot like Kelly Olynyk to me. He was so impressive!

he'll need to improve his back to the basket game to get to KO's level...doesn't have the moves yet

MickMick
11-06-2017, 03:37 AM
I'm concerned that he may be fragile. Injury prone.

He may turn out to be the best player on the team, but consistent availability has to factor into that discussion.

DixieZag
11-06-2017, 05:08 AM
I'm concerned that he may be fragile. Injury prone..

Right on.

Plus, Mick, his particular vulnerability, the rolled ankle, can seem to almost have a positive feedback loop. Done once, and even when one is back and pain free, the ankle is weaker and more likely to roll again.

Some of us had such serious sprains that we go throughout life with one ankle that rolls quite easily

Reborn
11-06-2017, 07:45 AM
I agree with Adam Morrison. There were two games in my basketball history where I just couldn't miss. One game was in the state championship and one game was my freshman year at GU against Whitworth. And actually toward the end of the game I actually tried, on purpose, to miss a couple of shots and they went in. Crazy but fun. I scored 33 that night against Whitworth. But these events are rare so expect Tillie to come to Earth now.

However, Tillie should have a great year. He certainly has the talent. And was certainly as good as Kelly Olynyk last night, but lets see what happens the rest of the year.

77Zag
11-06-2017, 09:07 AM
Bud Light's commercial featuring the Pit of Misery and the chant Dilly Dilly has inspired our clan and group --

This year it will be TILLIE, TILLIE!! And raise our glass--- could be a great year!

Go Zags - Beat Texas Southern!

hooter73
11-06-2017, 09:15 AM

his efficiency is sure on par (after this one game) but Kelly was imposing, Tillie seems more sneaky with his game.

IowaSERE
11-06-2017, 09:40 AM
Any idea why he didn't start the 1st half last night?

WallaWallaZag
11-06-2017, 09:44 AM

the consensus seems to be because he played like poo-poo in the texas a&m scrimmage...

Hoopaholic
11-06-2017, 09:44 AM

message that his subpar performance in the Texas AM scrimmage was noted and will not be rewarded?

Zagceo
11-06-2017, 09:49 AM

Few

He didn’t play well in Gonzaga’s recent scrimmage against Texas A&M and he wasn’t happy with his performance in practices leading up to Saturday.
“He was spectacular,” coach Mark Few said. “It was a great recovery and response by him because he played very poorly in the scrimmage and I probably wasn’t very nice to him.”

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/nov/04/killian-tillie-scores-28-points-leads-gonzaga-past/#/0