PDA

View Full Version : Wade out today with shoulder injury

NotoriousZ
11-04-2017, 10:45 AM
Jesse Wade won’t play today according to SlipperStillFits. Maybe someone could provide the link, I don’t have the time to figure it out on my phone right now. I will say that the picture they have for Jesse is not Jesse. Anyway, heal up Mr. Wade, we’re looking forward to seeing you play!

Reborn
11-04-2017, 11:02 AM
From the article in The Slpper Still Fits. "Wade is apparently dealing with something related to a nerve issue, as Bud Withers reported on Oct. 20, and the circumstances of the injury are not getting better. Wade played for 14 minutes in the Kraziness in the Kennell scrimmage at the beginning of October, but he didn’t play in last week’s scrimmage against Texas A&M."

Martin Centre Mad Man
11-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Here's the link.

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/2017/11/3/16603744/jesse-wade-injury-gonzaga-bulldogs-season-preview

Chicken Ball
11-04-2017, 02:19 PM
If Wade is out for any extended time period I wonder if that means Mr Ayayi will need to fill a bigger role this year than most of us were expecting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goshzagit
11-04-2017, 08:46 PM
No back up PG.

None.

Wade also experiencing tingling down his arm, into his hand.

News he was out this this game was posted a few days ago.

RRZagFan
11-04-2017, 08:58 PM
It was nice to see Jesse hitting shots during pregame warmups, hopefully see him in games sooner then latter.

JPtheBeasta
11-04-2017, 09:13 PM
It was mentioned in another thread that Few said Wade's shoulder was intermittently subluxing, which is partial dislocation of the shoulder. The implication is that it is popping out and popping back in spontaneously. This could be compressing or stretching the nerves that pass from the neck close to the first rib and down the arm, which would explain the numbness down the arm and into the hand.

I'm praying that physical therapy and a crap-ton of KT Tape helps him.

Goshzagit
11-04-2017, 09:48 PM
It was mentioned in another thread that Few said Wade's shoulder was intermittently subluxing, which is partial dislocation of the shoulder. The implication is that it is popping out and popping back in spontaneously. This could be compressing or stretching the nerves that pass from the neck close to the first rib and down the arm, which would explain the numbness down the arm and into the hand.

I'm praying that physical therapy and a crap-ton of KT Tape helps him.

when you're an athlete at this level, sub-luxing of any kind is not a good sign.

he could get away with it if this was just YMCA ball, he could continually rest it when necessary and/or strengthen it, yet they play high level, high intensity 11 months out of the year.

Given his tingling, numbness, instability, and sub-luxing, Jesse will most likely be having some sort of corrective procedure this season, and if not, then this off-season.

Rehab will only be a band-aid at this point, esp if re-current joint instability and causing nerve effect.

Having said that, Josh Perkins has dislocated his shoulder twice, and done very well with continued strengthening and rehab, however, he has never had consistent subluxations and/or tingling/nerve issues along with it. Probably a different type of movement, and Josh started with more muscle mass than Wade probably did…more muscle to support the joint.

JPtheBeasta
11-05-2017, 07:40 AM
I don't disagree, but am trying to be optimistic about the severity of it.

zaguarxj
11-05-2017, 07:49 AM
No back up PG.

None.

I'm pretty sure Joel Ayayi is a PG. Yes, he's a freshman but so is Wade. It may be a little early to write him off, since we've barely seen him on the court.

bartruff1
11-05-2017, 08:25 AM
I thought I had heard or read that Wade will be ready to play on Friday.....

Zagger
11-05-2017, 08:46 AM
It was nice to see Jesse hitting shots during pregame warmups, hopefully see him in games sooner then latter.

Ditto - He looked comfortable. It's nice to know it's not so serious that he could not do warmups and be on the floor with the team. He looked good but keep long sleeves on.

amaronizag
11-05-2017, 08:51 AM
Yes, Ayayi is a point guard. He was a bit tentative last night as might be expected, but I was impressed with his defense. He was on his man like glue. Didn't get a chance to show off his offensive capabilities.

I was also relieved to see Norvell play some good D. Yes, his man got got an occasional open 3 because he was playing "help" defense or hedging toward the basket to rebound, but I was really glad to see him aggressively going after rebounds. He won't be a liability on defense. He's a sneaky good rebounder, just like Goss. He can play the point any day if need be. He can really penetrate, makes good passes that will turn into lots of assists and he can rain buckets. I initially picked him to be high scorer on the team this year, but now I think he might be second to Tillie with J3 being close behind.

We need to see a little more aggressive offense from Josh, but if he isn't needed to contribute on a given night, he has proven he is unselfish and content to run the offense and let others score. He will pick his spots and have some big scoring nights. Lots of players will get their turn to score big on a given night. Racking up points will not be our problem this year.
There is no doubt that he is a good point guard, but he has to stop those silly fouls and stay in the game. We need him on the floor. Silas played solid defense and showed his maturity, but he won't be starting at the 2/3 for long if he doesn't get more aggressive on offense. We will certainly appreciate his maturity and experience this year. He's good when he gets it going.

Rui is more in sync this year than last, and knows the offense better now, but he turned down some open shots he should have taken. He ran over people trying to get the ball to the basket. He still has a lot of rough edges, but once he gets over the nerves and gets more playing time, he will improve. He will have lots of good plays on the fast break which we didn't see much of last night. They always had 3 guys back on defense so GU didn't run much. As Tommy said, Rui will grow a lot this year and be ready to tear it up next year. I have high hopes for him, especially next year.

Kispert's shooting was cold from the start, but I like that he kept shooting and until he found his shot and got some points on the board. (Like Pangos said "shoot when you're hot, shoot to get hot" or something like that.) He has a good looking shot, size, strength, and can play pretty good defense. I think he has great potential. He'll get a lot of minutes this year. I expected him to rebound better. Hopefully his lateral movement and foot speed will improve this year. Not too shabby on defense.

Couldn't be happier with Tillie or J3. Tillie plays tough defense, he's always where the ball is to get rebounds and gets his hand into plays. He will get lots of deflections that add up to turnovers and more points at the end of the game. He scores in a free flowing manner and can flat put the ball in the basket in an amazing number of ways. Couldn't be happier with Tillie or
J3. J3 is our meat and potatoes. Glad to see Larsen can play significant minutes off the bench without a huge drop off in offense or defense.

sylean
11-05-2017, 09:48 AM
physical therapy can do remarkable things....along with perhaps some steroid injections and other anti-inflammatories...

ZionZag
11-05-2017, 10:21 AM
I thought I had heard or read that Wade will be ready to play on Friday.....
Me too...

Reborn
11-05-2017, 11:53 AM
If Wade is out for any extended time period I wonder if that means Mr Ayayi will need to fill a bigger role this year than most of us were expecting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we got the answer today. Melson will be the backup point guard. He did a very good job today. No turnovers.

webspinnre
11-05-2017, 12:29 PM
What I was wondering is if his health doesn't improve he ends up taking a redshirt. Here's hoping he heals up.

DADoZAG
11-05-2017, 05:08 PM
Me too...

Me three. I guess that doesn't mean he'll be 100%, or guarantee he plays.

The rumor was he played with the subs vs A&M.

We rarely know the extent of injuries until after the impact, lets just hope we see Jesse Friday, and JJ as well.

Go ZAGS!

5280Zag
11-05-2017, 07:07 PM
New to the forum, but a longtime Zag fan. I agree with GoshZags, subluxing a shoulder, especially more than once, is not a good thing, and likely will require either extended rehab (which may or may not work) or a Bankart/SLAP repair, depending on the injury. The shoulder is an inherently unstable joint. I speak from familial experience (D1 soccer, two Bankarts, one Latarjet). Hoping for the best, though, and can't wait for the season start!

Rbo
11-05-2017, 07:10 PM
Melson can play the point, at least long enough to give Josh a breather.

No back up PG.

None.

Wade also experiencing tingling down his arm, into his hand.

News he was out this this game was posted a few days ago.

TheZagster
11-06-2017, 11:01 AM
Jesse has been cleared to practice this week and for the game vs Texas Southern on Friday. He was cleared to play for Saturday's game against C of I but the coaches wanted to rest him a little more before the official start of the season this week.

hooter73
11-06-2017, 11:24 AM
Jesse has been cleared to practice this week and for the game vs Texas Southern on Friday. He was cleared to play for Saturday's game against C of I but the coaches wanted to rest him a little more before the official start of the season this week.

Great news. I want to see him and Kispert catch on like wildfire this year.

Baseline
11-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Great News!!!
The the 3's begin.

DukeSilver
11-06-2017, 12:44 PM

Great news - excited to see him in action.

jchocolate99
11-06-2017, 04:03 PM
That is definitely great news to hear cause we really needed another PG to help spell Perkins and Wade's shooting is just another added bonus... oh and those saying that Ayayi will redshirt I'm not too sure on that. Sure he would be a great candidate to redshirt but two things might keep that from happening. 1 is the fact that we just are not that deep of a team this year so we'll need all hands on deck and 2 unless it's a result of injury GU doesn't redshirt the Euro recruits.

RenoZag
11-06-2017, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the update, Zagster.

Goshzagit
11-06-2017, 07:35 PM
Great news he's been cleared to play. I suspected he would be playing sooner than later, and deciding to take care of it this next off-season.

Considering a sub-luxing shoulder is not a serious injury, only prone to one.

When I was in HS, my shoulder "sub-luxed" 5 or 6 times during my final football season as a Senior (2 or 3 days rest and it was back to normal), it wasn't until intramural flag football season at Gonzaga my shoulder actually dislocated on me. My college buddies, and several active posters on this board, helped pop it back in on the field!

Subluxing is an issue, a precursor to shoulder dislocation, as something is loose or permanently stretched. A player can play through these symptoms, until it final gives out, or they are able to fully strengthen the muscle around it or have surgery to stabilize.

Sub luxing doesn't just cure itself, rather only continual rehab or surgery can fix it.

Its like the football or hockey player who repeatedly dislocates their shoulder throughout the season. There is really nothing they can do, except play through it after "popping" it back in to place.

Said player can elect to have surgery in the off-season, or hope/chance strength/rehab therapy lessens the chance it will actually pop back out.

JPtheBeasta
11-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Is it his shooting shoulder?

zagmantis2001
11-07-2017, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=Goshzagit;1335247]Great news he's been cleared to play. I suspected he would be playing sooner than later, and deciding to take care of it this next off-season.

Considering a sub-luxing shoulder is not a serious injury, only prone to one.

When I was in HS, my shoulder "sub-luxed" 5 or 6 times during my final football season as a Senior (2 or 3 days rest and it was back to normal), it wasn't until intramural flag football season at Gonzaga my shoulder actually dislocated on me. My college buddies, and several active posters on this board, helped pop it back in on the field!

Subluxing is an issue, a precursor to shoulder dislocation, as something is loose or permanently stretched. A player can play through these symptoms, until it final gives out, or they are able to fully strengthen the muscle around it or have surgery to stabilize.

Sub luxing doesn't just cure itself, rather only continual rehab or surgery can fix it.

Its like the football or hockey player who repeatedly dislocates their shoulder throughout the season. There is really nothing they can do, except play through it after "popping" it back in to place.

Said player can elect to have surgery in the off-season, or hope/chance strength/rehab therapy lessens the chance it will actually pop back out.[/QUOTE

Was your injury around 1993 or 1994? I subbed in for a guy on the law school flag football team and we played an undergrad team--one of their players dislocated his shoulder during the game--was that you? As I recall, we on the opposing team encouraged you to just ram it against the goal post. I don't think you listened, which was probably a good idea.

Zagceo
11-07-2017, 10:37 AM

I've asked this numerous times .......no mention in any articles I've read....or from any on the board

zagitup
11-07-2017, 12:30 PM

It wouldn't appear so, based on a video Jesse's dad posted on Facebook just before the CI game. Jesse looked good in the pre-game shoot around. Here's a link:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=501828606869949&id=100011284429228

LouisianaZag
11-07-2017, 02:39 PM
It wouldn't appear so, based on a video Jesse's dad posted on Facebook just before the CI game. Jesse looked good in the pre-game shoot around. Here's a link:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=501828606869949&id=100011284429228

That's one proud Dad doing the filming I love it.

hooter73
11-10-2017, 01:28 PM
I am so ready to see Jesse play tonight!