• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZionZag
    Kennel Club
    • Sep 2013

LUNARDI....ZAGS'S NOV. GAMES NOT IMPACTFUL

Sure, the season is long. But that doesn't mean the games in November don't matter or won't be entertaining. So it's time to take a look around the schedule and see what early can't-miss games will be popping up in November.
  • Zagger
    Banned
    • Mar 2008

What! What about Incarnate Word? .... it's in November. I don't see anyone else in Lunardi's list playing them!

Comment

• gonzagafan62
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

Yeah I saw.... whatever. Our games are bigger than most On that list
      Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• strikenowhere
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2009

Although they aren't set until the previous games are played, I would think that the potential PK80 games against Florida & Duke (assuming the brackets hold) would be HIGHLY impactful. Two top-10 teams? Geez.

Comment

• GoZags
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Who?

Seems our Zags are "yesterday's news"
          sigpic
          “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
          ——-
          List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
          Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

Dickie V strikes out on this one. He fails to mention the PK80 which includes Duke, North Carolina, Michigan St., Oregon, Gonzaga and Florida. Oh and he misses on our game with Villanova.
            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

If you look at the teams on the list, they are bubble-ish teams. He probably thinks GU is a foregone conclusion. St. Mary’s vs Harvard made his list. He does mention 4 P5 schools but that’s just in the introductory portion of his article. I suppose some of GU’s games could be impactful for the other team if they beat GU.

I’m not reading too much into this or thinking that GU was snubbed, because I think it’s quite the opposite.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
                Although they aren't set until the previous games are played, I would think that the potential PK80 games against Florida & Duke (assuming the brackets hold) would be HIGHLY impactful. Two top-10 teams? Geez.
                if brackets hold, it would actually be florida playing duke and not the zags...i'm not aware of any ranking site (subjective or objective) that has the zags above the gators.

Comment

• mattydog73
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
                  if brackets hold, it would actually be florida playing duke and not the zags...i'm not aware of any ranking site (subjective or objective) that has the zags above the gators.
                  nah. check the bracket.
                  “The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.”

Comment

• KStyles
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by mattydog73 View Post
                    nah. check the bracket.
                    I believe WallaWallaZag is saying if the higher ranked team (pick any poll/ranking system) wins each game, Gonzaga would beat OSU, lose to Florida, and Florida would then play Duke.

Comment

Working...
                    X