PDA

View Full Version : GU Basketball Preview Show

insidethekennel
10-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Be sure to watch "Inside the Kennel" on GUTV (Channel 15) at 5pm on Wednesday 10/24 for an inside look at your 2007-2008 Gonzaga Bulldogs

Featured on the show

-Full coverage of Josh Heytvelts return
-Assistant coach Tommy Lloyd introduces you to all the new faces on the roster
-Pendo, Pargo, Heytvelt, and Austin Daye give their opinions on the upcoming season
-Matt Bouldin invites you over as he gives you a tour of his "crib" (house)
-Andy Katz gives his expert anaylsis on this years Bulldog team
-Coach Few and Jeremy Pargo face off in a dance off
and much more.......

Dont miss it!!!!

ZagNative
10-23-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm looking forward to it and have it on my calendar. Thanks for the reminder!

Nevtelen
10-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Please please please youtube this someone, for all of us out-of-towners...

st. al
10-23-2007, 10:55 PM
the producers are thinking about incorporating a live call in function to the show, so stay keyed into this thread for more info on that. and don't forget to tune in tomorrow, it'll be a good time.

J-Mac Zag Forever
10-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Can It Be Linked!

ZagNut08
10-24-2007, 10:38 AM
The short Ira! package ended up on youtube, so I am guessing this will too. With how easy it is to get stuff on youtube, I don't see why it wouldn't...short of the teacher not allowing it (he should do as much as he can to get his students work viewed and acknowledged imo)

BobZag
10-24-2007, 11:06 AM
I'll be taping it. Sounds good.

insidethekennel
10-24-2007, 11:26 AM
we'll do our best to get the show on youtube in a couple days for all of you out of town people. It's a half hour show so we'll prob have to break it into about four pieces. I'll post on the board when we put it up

Nevtelen
10-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Awesome! Thanks from an out-of-towner!!

GonzagaGurl08
10-24-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm looking forward to watching it this afternoon. It should be a good one. :D

Section 116
10-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the reminder. I just set my VCR. Hey it's ancient technology but it works and I know how to use it.:D

GonzagaGurl08
10-24-2007, 05:08 PM
I just went to go and watch the show, and to my horror, the TV in the Corkery Lounge doesn't get channel 15. This makes me a very unhappy person. I am glad that it will be on YouTube.

cair3
10-24-2007, 05:19 PM
hysterical, the host is pretty good... I was pleasantly surprised with the quality. the opinions were not very indepth little analysis but fun and entertaining

ZagNative
10-24-2007, 05:25 PM
That was fun. I hope they'll be doing more in the future. Anyone know if it's going to be a regular feature?

BobZag
10-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Very enjoyable. I think @St. Joe's and @St. Mary's will be two of the toughest games, not because they're better than Memphis or Tennessee (they aren't), but because of the raucous atmospheres in such small gyms.

The redhead had great personality and good insights, I thought.

Kudos to the new walkon! -Maag. June Bug. No way can I remember his full name. :)

Nice job, guys.

pbriz
10-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Its Chris Pontarolo-Maag. Great kid.

sittingon50
10-24-2007, 07:34 PM
So did all 6 points at the top of this thread come off? Details.

My daughter (graduated last year) adds this info on the host:
1. He's funny
2. He tried out for the team last year
3. He's a magician

st. al
10-24-2007, 08:06 PM
My daughter (graduated last year) adds this info on the host:
1. He's funny
2. He tried out for the team last year

Now I can't tell if you are joking or not, but I can personally ensure you that neither chris or sebastian tried out for the team last year. :lmao:

ZagNut08
10-24-2007, 08:23 PM
she was reffering to chris, the walkon

seatownzag08
10-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Chris P-Maag is often referred to as Magic Chris because of his wizardry with a card deck. The guy is one of the nicest people you'll meet and puts on a great show. He's also a pretty darn good basketball player.

insidethekennel
10-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Just looking for some feedback on the content...What were people's favorite parts??....any recommendations?? We're going to try to get another one going probably in about a month or so once the Zags have a couple games under their belt.

Rubbadub
10-24-2007, 09:40 PM
I'll let you know what i think of it once it's up on youtube. :(

JLGutrocks
10-25-2007, 09:20 AM
hey Rubb, I dropped it to DVD. PM me and I can mail it to you or you can pick it up.

zaguarxj
10-25-2007, 09:26 AM
That was pretty fun. But I do have a comment for the kid who said GU should drop the Arena games. Booooooo!!!! That's the only way many of us will ever be able to see the Zags live and it's a great way for the Zags to give back to the community that has supported them with such fervor over the years. I don't think it's too much to ask for GU to throw a bone to the common man every now and then.

JLGutrocks
10-25-2007, 09:28 AM
That was pretty fun. But I do have a comment for the kid who said GU should drop the Arena games. Booooooo!!!! That's the only way many of us will ever be able to see the Zags live and it's a great way for the Zags to give back to the community that has supported them with such fervor over the years. I don't think it's too much to ask for GU to throw a bone to the common man every now and then.

I'm with you there zaguar, pretty selfish comment.

cair3
10-25-2007, 09:51 AM
the most magical thing chris can do is make his shot go in, it looks so robotic and weird but it goes in especially when im guarding him

BobZag
10-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Positives--

Bouldin's crib parody of the MTV show = very good
Roundtable = good but allot more time for more questions

More indepth talk of hoops. We get a ton of glossy, superficial reports but very little substance. Your show could help fill this void. But do keep the entertaining portions, too. You don't want a boring "Meet the Press" show. I think a PTI type debate about a few topics would add to it.

I think it needs ME! :D

zaguarxj
10-25-2007, 10:18 AM
BTW, did I miss the Pargo -vs- Few dance contest, or did they just run out of time? I saw Pargo having some fun teaching Few some steps in the background during the Katz interview.

ZagNut08
10-25-2007, 10:28 AM
that would be it...

insidethekennel
10-25-2007, 10:42 AM
the pargo few dance off was on right after our interview with Chris the walkon leading into the commercial break....we are planning on calling the game against Emporia St but we have to put it on a tape delay a few days later since the coaches don't want to give Montana any chance at an early scouting tape

roxdoc
10-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Ah...I get it. I thought the segment of the players in action was pretty tepid. Would have liked to see the newbies in action. The remainder was fun, although more Q & A at a higher level.

Rubbadub
10-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Ah...I get it. I thought the segment of the players in action was pretty tepid. Would have liked to see the newbies in action. The remainder was fun, although more Q & A at a higher level.

A couple weeks and we'll get to see real games. REAL games! not highlights or clips or previews. I can't wait.

lawzag
10-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Chris Pontarolo - is that attorney Mike Pontarolo's kid?:confused:

Oregon Zag
10-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Chris P-Maag is often referred to as Magic Chris because of his wizardry with a card deck. The guy is one of the nicest people you'll meet and puts on a great show. He's also a pretty darn good basketball player.

Wait a minute. P-Maag ?????

st. al
10-25-2007, 12:44 PM

I knew i'd get called out for that, the reason I can't stand the arena games as a student is because it's a PITA for underclassmen to get tickets. For one, they charge us, which we really don't like, and second, they slash the number of student seats (same in seattle, but i understand that one). It was selfish from the standpoint of a student, which is what i am, but i do understand why the people of spokane like it. However, I don't recall either the baylor or rice games being packed at the arena last year.

harryzag
10-25-2007, 12:49 PM
youtube link?

roxdoc
10-25-2007, 01:09 PM
St Al - Baylor...Rice...who??? You need to get a "name" team for Arena games. I bet if BIS had Baylor or Rice instead of Tennessee this year you might see a little less enthusiasm. (NO, I am not trying to dis Baylor or Rice) Maybe some of those big-time BCS shools that won't come to the Kennel would do the Arena. Hey, I got an idea we could have battle in Spokane! Why should Seattle have all the fun?

With the undersize Kennel there is so much pent up Zag interest in Spokane that the $125 and $75 all go in 15 minutes! May be the only game I get to see in person all year and they wouldn't take my $250 for a couple of seats!

So there! I probably have offended some of you so I will stop!

sittingon50
10-25-2007, 01:47 PM
I think that the fact that the NCAA was responsible for the promotion of the Baylor/Rice games & not GU had a negative effect on potential attendence.

insidethekennel
10-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Great news, Inside the Kennel will be on You Tube hopefully by the end of the day! stay tuned...

Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Srobertlive

It may take a while for You Tube to process the large file so be patient...

Keep the suggestions coming, it makes us better

Thanks!

st. al
10-25-2007, 01:55 PM
St Al - Baylor...Rice...who??? You need to get a "name" team for Arena games. I bet if BIS had Baylor or Rice instead of Tennessee this year you might see a little less enthusiasm. (NO, I am not trying to dis Baylor or Rice) Maybe some of those big-time BCS shools that won't come to the Kennel would do the Arena. Hey, I got an idea we could have battle in Spokane! Why should Seattle have all the fun?

With the undersize Kennel there is so much pent up Zag interest in Spokane that the $125 and $75 all go in 15 minutes! May be the only game I get to see in person all year and they wouldn't take my $250 for a couple of seats!

So there! I probably have offended some of you so I will stop!

believe me, i understand your perspective, but please understand that mine is a student perspective, hense my opinion as previously explained.

zagfan07
10-25-2007, 02:17 PM
I knew i'd get called out for that, the reason I can't stand the arena games as a student is because it's a PITA for underclassmen to get tickets. For one, they charge us, which we really don't like, and second, they slash the number of student seats (same in seattle, but i understand that one). It was selfish from the standpoint of a student, which is what i am, but i do understand why the people of spokane like it. However, I don't recall either the baylor or rice games being packed at the arena last year.

You should feel lucky that the tickets are free in the Kennel. At most schools, mainly public ones, students have to pay for every home game. Why not pay for 1 or 2 games a year in a different venue and enjoy the game with nearly 5x as many fans? The tickets for the Baylor and Rice games were only $30 after the Kennel Club offered them at a discounted price. I know you're a poor college student, but that's not that bad to go see a top 25 team play.

The only way we're going to consistently get big time programs to come play in Spokane is by playing in the arena. The seats many of the students had for the game against Memphis last year could have gone for hundreds each, but they were free. The university needs those few games outside the kennel to keep the casual fans in Spokane happy.

GonzagaGurl08
10-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Great news, Inside the Kennel will be on You Tube hopefully by the end of the day! stay tuned...

Here is the link:

Thanks!

I'm excited for it to show up!!!

ZagNut08
10-25-2007, 03:47 PM
zagfan07...the tickets come "free" with the $40,000 tuition

edit to add I don't mind paying for a game or two a year

GonzagaGurl08
10-25-2007, 08:48 PM

Here is the link:

Thanks!

It's up. Thanks for doing that. I am watching it now.

insidethekennel
10-25-2007, 09:52 PM
for all of you out of towners or those who missed it the show is up on youtube now....enjoy..let us know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuJUvw4Ze7w part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B9YpchVGb4 part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpXwyrBzMGQ part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxNmapwb0Tk part 4

nonzagzag
10-25-2007, 09:53 PM
thanks for putting it up! keep up the good work!

GonzagaGurl08
10-25-2007, 10:48 PM
for all of you out of towners or those who missed it the show is up on youtube now....enjoy..let us know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuJUvw4Ze7w part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B9YpchVGb4 part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpXwyrBzMGQ part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxNmapwb0Tk part 4

I thought it was great. My only objection was that the online version was really hard to hear. I had my sound all the way up, and even then it was difficult.

Rubbadub
10-25-2007, 11:42 PM
A few things.

-During the interview with "Junebug", the background music was a little too high. It was a bit of a distraction.

-It might have just been a product of getting the video uploaded, but it seemed the volume was too low on the mics.

-I would recommend, especially for a preseason piece, that you try to get as much practice footage incorporated as possible. That's what people are dying to see.

insidethekennel
10-25-2007, 11:49 PM
we apologize for the audio problems we'll get those fixed as soon as possible

insidethekennel
10-26-2007, 01:51 AM
Check out the links again, should be better....

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Srobertlive

J-Mac Zag Forever
10-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Loved it! KHQ should make "Inside The Kennel" part of their program. It is more entertaining.

gozagswoohoo
10-26-2007, 09:02 AM
I can only view Part 1? It says 2-4 have been removed by the user?

SWZag
10-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Thanks so much for making these available! Great job to those who produced this! Great things ahead!

SWZag

lawzag
10-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Good job - Inside the Kennel!

Even though I'm local, I was not able to catch the show on the TV, so I watched the 4 youtube segments. Thanks for putting this together for us!

gozagswoohoo
10-26-2007, 11:31 AM
GREAT JOB ItK! Keep them coming!

I finally found a way to see the vids again, go to google video and search Inside the Kennel. You can view them there.

And was it just me, or did the Bouldergiest look freakin ripped?? He's huge!