PDA

View Full Version : Lonzo Ball's first game: 3 pts, 4 assists, 2 turnovers

CDC84
10-21-2017, 12:42 AM
He rebounded and had an excellent game vs. Phoenix in a game whose style was way more to his liking. Open floor, etc.

To be guarded by Patrick Beverly is not a fun way to start your NBA career. He's one of the league's best on ball defenders.

But the bigger news item is what happened after the game. Beverly, who had to play everywhere on earth just to get a shot at playing in the NBA, told young Lonzo: "Get used to it, it's coming, and it's because of your dad. You better get ready for it every single game."

I predicted many months ago that at least two NBA veterans would apply suspension level fouls on Ball due to this dad. Moreover, he is clearly not in NBA-level shape right now and seriously needs to gain muscle to finish shots near the hoop.

You see, NBA guys who have paid their dues as vets do not like kids like Lonzo. They hate them with a passion. Not just because they have been pampered, but because, in this case, the kid's obnoxious dad. With Beverly, all he needed to do was let his defense do the talking. Moreover, from what I understand, he is a quality person. So with Beverly, he felt no need to level him.

But sadly, there are other guys in the league who aren't like Beverly who will lay the hammer on this kid, and I am really concerned it could result in a serious injury. I think what Beverly said to Lonzo after the game speaks volumes about what the league feels about the kid.

So if this kid ends up with a separated shoulder, look towards his dad.

seacatfan
10-21-2017, 09:44 AM
Beverly gave him a good bump at some point during the game that knocked Ball down, then he stood over him glaring for a moment. The TNT studio guys couldn't stop talking about Ball's dad and how hard his rookie year is going to be because of it.

Ball more than bounced back against Phoenix though. He was 1 assist shy of a triple double in his second NBA game. 29 points 11 reb. 9 assists. He's probably gonna be okay in the long run.

bartruff1
10-21-2017, 09:57 AM
LaVar should run for President...he has got the right stuff for our current culture ....

CDC84
11-11-2017, 03:55 PM
He just can't shoot. There was a big article written about it on yahoo the other day. I knew that shooting stroke wouldn't work in the NBA. Too many long and lengthy athletes on defense.

He's shooting 29.9% last time I checked.