San Diego, 37
    Pepperdine, 30
    Pacific, 24
    Portland, 21
    LMU, 19
  • bartruff1
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2010

Looks reasonable...I think BYU and San Diego maybe over rated.......... and Portland and USF maybe under rated....but those voters know much better than I .

Comment

• Zagdawg
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I like the chip ---- gives em a chance to prove the coaches in the league wrong --also paves the way for another coach of the year trophy in the WCC for Few.

Comment

• seacatfan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2014

Maybe, just maybe, this isn't a matter of disrespecting GU, but rather that the league coaches were impressed w/ SMC and they bring back more of their key contributors from last year than the Zags do.

Comment

• Gonzdb8
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
          Maybe, just maybe, this isn't a matter of disrespecting GU, but rather that the league coaches were impressed w/ SMC and they bring back more of their key contributors from last year than the Zags do.
          that and i think they get tired of voting for GU every year and like to mix it up when its even a remote possibility that little brother has a shot.

Comment

• ZagzKrak
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Apr 2016

While I think SMC will be good...but I'd be more impressed with a team bringing back 4 players that played meaningful minutes that got to the NC game...but I'm a homer so there is that.

Comment

• sittingon50
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Thanks for the vote, Randy.
              But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• webspinnre
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                Thanks for the vote, Randy.
                I know, right?

Still, I think this is reasonable, given the team they have coming back, and everyone we lost. While I expect to beat them in the end, I don't see anything wrong with this initially.
                I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• MDABE80
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Well put yourselves in SMC's shoes. If we had our 4 front liners back and were NOT voted to win the WCC, we'd be furious. Of course OUR 4 would be far better than their 4. Meanwhile it'll be hard to know how good SMC without Rahon who ran the team. No doubt they have talent.....but without a QB, it'll be a close verdict at the end.
                  A lot will depend on how tough we are. If we're dedicated to winning the WCC and show it on the court, I'm certain we can win the conference.

Comment

• GoZags
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

In my book a Sweet 16, Elite 8 or Final Four would be just as awesome (perhaps more so) if the Zags finished 2nd in league.
                    sigpic
                    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                    ——-
                    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Good on RB......and Kyle moving up.......The tide is maybe finally rising.

Comment

• Kiddwell
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

If Brandon Clarke were available this year (four Bigs), we'd be favored.

Sure wish BYU would get their act together. As huge as that school is, with its semi-monopoly on LDS athletes, with its mega-sports budget, they should be basketball boot-kickers* every year. Instead, they only go crazy-nutty when playing GU. (Well, OK, they do get in fist fights with Utah every now and then.)

Given BYU's yearly talent, wonder if Coach Rose is on the hot seat. Sort of like the UWKFC boosters who finally said, "Enough with having NBA guys every year but never going to the The Dance!" And, "What's up with little Gonzaga using our point guard to make it to the Championship Game?"

:]

<*Not "boot".>
                        Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• MBAGael
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Apr 2012

Just saw this on our board. Few is a master of bringing teams together quickly so I am thinking you will be top 20 all year. Hopefully our games are much closer this year. Good luck!

Comment

• Zagceo
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by MBAGael View Post
                            Just saw this on our board. Few is a master of bringing teams together quickly so I am thinking you will be top 20 all year. Hopefully our games are much closer this year. Good luck!

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft
                            thanks

Fill in the Zags....... guess which before looking

Comment

• MDABE80
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

NBA mockdraft may not be the greatest prognosticator but having 3 in the proposed draft slots says something....
                              If the guards perform well, we'll be there in the end (again). By January we'll know more about our backcourt. The scribes apparently don't trust our guards. I do hope Josh firms up as a PG. Wade will be a good one eventually. Silas can be great but inconsistent. Great defense though. Kispert and Norvell will matter.

The next recruiting season will be wild!!

Comment

Working...
                              X