PDA

View Full Version : Saacramento Kings Sign David Stockton

ZagNative
10-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Very good! Kings sign David Stckton. http://www.nba.com/kings/news/kings-sign-hearn-stockton

Stockton returned last season for his third stint with the Bighorns after a year overseas playing with Cedevita Zagreb (Croatian League) and the New Zealand Breakers (NBL), posting 16.4 points (.422 FG%, .388 3pt%, .787 FT%), 4.8 rebounds, 5.3 assists and 1.52 steals per contest in Reno. He holds the Bighorn’s single-game franchise record in assists, notching 22 against the Texas Legends as a rookie in 2014.

The Kings training camp roster now stands at 20.

It would be nice if he stuck.

Looks like the Kings next game is vs. the Clippers on Thursday.

Mojo13
10-10-2017, 01:36 PM
Very good! Kings sign David Stckton. http://www.nba.com/kings/news/kings-sign-hearn-stockton

It would be nice if he stuck.

Looks like the Kings next game is vs. the Clippers on Thursday.

Sorry but no. He is at best a deep emergency player for the Kings. Basically this move secures him to stay with the Reno Bighorns this year (as the final two players waived by an NBA team can be assigned to a team’s G-League affiliate). Pre-season is basically over anyways.

I just don't think he is really that good - He was quickly cut by Cedevita Zagreb (Croatian League) last year a few games after signing. He was cut by the New Zealand Breakers (NBL) after 10 games last year as well. His Reno G-League stats are massively inflated due to the stupid way they play.

For the life of me, I don't understand him buzzing around the Kings organization the last couple years. Might be just because they need someone who can run Reno's weird system and the G league might be the best payday he can secure.

zag buddy
10-10-2017, 02:08 PM
Mojo it sounds like you have an ax to grind with David. I would nominate your post as one of the worst of the season so far. Maybe the kings gave him certaijn things to work on and that didn't sit well with the teams you mentioned. But you do have a right to your opinion bless your little heart.

ZagNative
10-10-2017, 02:31 PM
Sorry, Zag Buddy, but I tend to pay attention to Mojo's posts. He's a smart cookie. Nothing he said in that post strikes me as off-base. I wish David the best, but I'm not holding my breath for a great payoff this time.

Mojo13
10-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Sorry, Zag Buddy, but I tend to pay attention to Mojo's posts. He's a smart cookie. Nothing he said in that post strikes me as off-base. I wish David the best, but I'm not holding my breath for a great payoff this time.

No worries - in these parts any criticism of anything Gonzaga will pull some responses like that, they are taken with a huge grain of salt. I am just trying to provide perspective. Hopefully its nothing personal, but you never know as I didn't really prefer him in his GU days either, liking Bell and Pangos much, much more. So I might be a little harsh here - but I hope I am being impartial.

Anyways, he doesn't have a good pro resume is all I am saying - no where near what one would think would allow you to stick on a NBA roster. Getting cut after a few games from a good Croatian league team and then an NBL team does not scream NBA talent (but it is early career for him, so I should cut him some slack). His G-league stats seem impressive until you understand the Reno Bighorns play style over the years (like the Kings they are sort of a running joke these days). The Kings paraded around my Canadian brother Sim Bhullar like a carnival freak a couple years ago because of the color of his skin - he had no business being near an NBA roster and made the poor kid into a joke. So hey, maybe this is driven just my intense dislike for the Kings organization and their idiot owner. I am open to introspection.....

You never know though, sometimes it is just being in the right place at the right time and filling a defined role, not necessarily being the best player.

zag buddy
10-10-2017, 09:55 PM
I agree Mojo

OZZY
10-11-2017, 04:42 PM

Agree with Mojo and ZN, David is not an NBA player and is best for the G league with its hi octane offence mentality.

willandi
10-13-2017, 08:13 PM
Stockton 15 5-6 2-2 0-0 0 0 0 6 1 0 0 0 +10 12

Line score through 3 quarters

Not quite. He had 1 more point and 1 more assist through 3.

Final box

29 9-12 3-4 2-4 2 1 3 8 2 0 1 2 +3 23

Pretty good for a G leaguer against Golden State.

ZagNative
10-13-2017, 08:28 PM
Wow. David's having quite a game. 18 points with 7:53 left in the fourth. Box score (http://scores.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400978798)

Zagdawg
10-14-2017, 08:48 AM
Isn't he too short to play basketball? (as one of our fans would say)

Very nice game-- I hope he sticks in the league.