• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cggonzaga
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

KIK thread

Perkins won 3 pt contest. JIII looks amazing. Killing Larsen on offense but Larsen looks solid offensively. Complete toss up who starts at 3 between Rui and Norvell.
  • Zerogame
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Oct 2007

Thanks, keep it coming.
    "Neck-ties are just maxi pads for your throat." - Ted Williams

Comment

• Radbooks
      Zag for Life
      • Jun 2007

From Jim Meehan's twitter:

Scrimmage final: Red 31, Blue 26. Williams and Wade each with 8 points. Perkins 7 pts. Blue led by Rui with 8, Larsen, Melson with 7 each.
      Clarke switches jerseys, enters for Blue. Tillie sitting out scrimmage
      Tillie sat out with sprained ankle. Nothing serious
      “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• cggonzaga
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2007

Team is extremely deep with offense galore. Not a defensive atmosphere today.

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

I have never seen a scrimmage exhibition ever show any defensive effort whatsoever. Maybe a fancy block at the rim. It's just purely to put on a show. The fans want to see the guys score.

Comment

• btzag
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Feb 2007

How did Ayayi look?

Any links to video?

Comment

• NotoriousZ
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

Kispert had a sweet ally-oop dunk. Assist from Silas I believe, it was beautiful.
              It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Exhibition / Preseason level info so far GUBoards! Come on, where's the in-depth analysis of what transpired on the court today? Some of us are eager to hear more.

Let's go, no resting on your Final Four laurels. GUNation needs you to step up and post some meatier analysis & reactions to what you saw. :-)....pretty please
                Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• Radbooks
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jun 2007

Here's a link to some video from SWX

“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• Zag_Dad
                    Zag for Life
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Radbooks View Post
                    Here's a link to some video from SWX

https://twitter.com/SWXRightNow/stat...34950757806080
                    Thank you posting link to video! First time in 6 years I haven’t had a kid at GU. Really missed going to the event. Son-in-law did a Snapchat video with some clips of the events and action. I dont think a Snapchat can be REposted otherwise I’d share it.
                    Team looks SUPER athletic. Can’t wait to see them play... more optimistic today than yesterday.

GO ZAGS

Comment

• Section 116
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

The new video scoreboard hanging over midcourt is a very nice addition. The video is outstanding. I also noticed Tillie was suited but did not participate in the scrimmage. No noticeable injury. He appeared to be moving well but he did not play.

Comment

• ZagNative
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

KREM 2 video report

Comment

• Zag_Dad
                          Zag for Life
                          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Section 116 View Post
                          The new video scoreboard hanging over midcourt is a very nice addition. The video is outstanding. I also noticed Tillie was suited but did not participate in the scrimmage. No noticeable injury. He appeared to be moving well but he did not play.
                          Per social media reports, Tillie had a sprained ankle. It’s nothing serious but he didn’t play today as a precaution.

Comment

• ZagZombie
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Jun 2011

For those who attended:
                            -First I thought the new video board and center scoreboard was a thing of beauty, very nice upgrade.
                            -Big final four banner (centerpiece) and little 2017 national finalist banner in the corner.
                            -I may be getting old (30) but the new sound system was a bit loud for me
                            -How awkward was the moment after the “moment of silence” no indication of what was to happen afterwards and they suddenly started playing Flo Rida.
                            -Full house attendance and want to say thank you to SPD for traffic control allowing us to cross the street safely.

Scrimmage:
                            Johnathan Williams – Looked fantastic, great motor, attacked the basket. I believe he’s our #1 guy. He was stopped by Larsen a couple of times early in the scrimmage but towards the end he was unstoppable.

Silas Melson – Did well is ready to fill the starting role, aggressive to the basket and made at least one three, collided hard with Perkins for offensive foul.

John Perkins – 3 point contest champ, had a couple of steals and shot the ball well. Distributed the ball well to others. Looks like the go to guard for this team.

Jeremy Jones – I feel like he could play a bigger role with the team this year.

Brandon Clarke – Wow this guy looks good, he just oozes athleticism, won the dunk contest I believe. Don’t recall him scoring. But with a year to redshirt I believe he will be a dominant force for our team.

Killian Tillie – did not participate due to sprained ankle

Rui Hachimura – Dominant force rebounding the ball and had quite a few shots from inside the arc he has really worked on his inside game (not perfect but much better). The game is really coming to him, and looked like he will be a solid contributor this year.

Zach Norvell Jr. – Wasn’t on a scoring tear like he showed last year. But I thought he moved really well on both sides of the court. Hopefully his knee issues are in the past now.

Jacob Larsen – He sure did impress me. I thought he moved very well for a big man, drove the ball from top of the key to the basket. Played good defense and stopped JWill a couple of times. Needs to work on his free throws. Obviously is able to contribute now but im really excited what he will bring in the next few years.

Jesse Wade – He has a nice stroke if he is able to get open he can knock down many threes for us. At 6’1” I hope to see him become more elusive so he can get the open shots. Didn’t really pay attention to what he did defensively

Corey Kispert – Does not have a body of someone who just came out of high school, he is solid. Standing next to Hachimura and Clarke for the dunk contest he looked just as big as those two. Also had his mom participate in the dunk contest, when she came onto the court I seriously thought he was going to attempt to jump over her.

Joel Ayayi – If he wasn’t an international player I would say he should take the year to redshirt. He needs to add a lot more weight. Young and full of emotions. Had quite a few turnovers. Joel is still learning the GU system and even though he started the scrimmage he was taken out a couple of times because he was just lost on the court. But after sitting with Coach Daniels a couple of times he understood the role he needed to play and performed much better. He moved off the ball well and Josh was able to find him for a couple of scores.

Jack Beach – didn’t get his name called during introductions but his photo was shown. He did play

Alex Martin – Cant recall if he played or not but he does have pretty good size.

Im sure others will fill in details about players that I missed out on. But the overall experience of KIK was very good.

Comment

• Radbooks
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jun 2007

Here is a video Jesse's dad posted on Twitter or Instagram or something:

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

Working...
                              X