PDA

View Full Version : New 2009 recruit: 6'5" Jeff Reid

BobZag
10-23-2007, 10:30 AM
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?lin=1&script=content.asp&fid=&cid=728644&tid=&mid=&rid=

"I am getting recruited by KU and by Gonzaga. They both are pretty high on my list. They haven't offered me yet, though. K-State is the only offer.

BZ: An excellent shooter/scorer.

Oregon Zag
10-23-2007, 10:52 AM
I did some Googling and found this...

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2007/oct/20/dallas_prep_morgan_visiting_cincinnati/

• Reid update: Jeff Reid, a 6-5 junior guard from Topeka Hayden, attended KU’s Late Night in the Phog on an unofficial visit. The brother of former Kansas State guard Josh Reid also has made an unofficial stop in Manhattan.

“I am getting recruited by KU and by Gonzaga. They both are pretty high on my list. They haven’t offered me yet, though. K-State is only offer,” Reid told Rivals.com. “Right now, I’m looking at waiting until next year to decide, but if I decide it is the right place I’ll go ahead.”

SWZag
10-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Must be quite a scorer. Found an article from early last year when he played for Brewster (KS). Transferred to Hayden.

BREWSTER 50, CENTRALIA 44 --- The Panthers had a chance to tie the game at 46-all with 30 seconds left, but senior guard Kenton Tennal had two free-throw attempts rim out. The ball careened out of bounds off Brewster, but Centralia (22-4) never could get the equalizer.

Brewster freshman Jeff Reid, whose older brother Josh Reid starred at Kansas State in the late 1990s, made two free throws with 15 seconds left to help the Bulldogs in the win.

"We could never get tied or get the lead," said Centralia coach Larry Glatczak, whose team trailed 32-28 at halftime. "The second quarter, third quarter and fourth quarter, we just couldn't get it done. If we could have, I think they might have started to feel the pressure a little bit. We had our opportunities."

Reid scored 29 of Brewster's 50 points, while junior Kent Burdiek and freshman Ben Steinlage finished with 12 each for Centralia. Tennal chipped in 11, and Burdiek had a game-high 10 rebounds.

Jeff Reid, a 6-5 sophomore, averaged 17.7 points and 6.5 rebounds last season Link to the above article (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4179/is_20061130/ai_n16895433/pg_5)

http://kansas.scout.com/a.z?s=172&p=8&c=1&nid=2449092

spudzag
10-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Are we seeing a backup plan developing just in case Jeff Taylor commits elsewhere? :(

LAZAGFAN11
10-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Also from Rivals:

2009 kids emerge

Grassroots basketball works differently for kids. Some use it as a ticket to travel the country and a charmed life of privilege. Guys like Kansas guard Jeff Reid use the travel season to earn offers and gain exposure.

The 6-foot-5 native of Brewster High School is one of 13 kids in his 2009 graduating class at his school. Tucked away in Western Kansas and just a stone's throw away from the Colorado border, Reid took advantage of the opportunity to play in front of some national observers and college coaches last week in Dallas.

Reid has a text book jumper and can let it fly from the wing. He scored 19 points in a morning blow out game with his Kansas City Pump N Run team. In fact, his 19 points equaled the total for the team he was faced against. There is a lot of funk to his game, despite his small town roots. With good size, a good understanding of how to play and an obvious hot hand from the wing, Reid will be an attractive player in Middle America.

His brother, Josh, played at Kansas State in the late 1990s and was a three time all-academic player in the Big 12. It doesn't come as a big surprise that Kansas State, Missouri and Oklahoma have recently inquired. In terms of college coaches, no one has made the drive out on Interstate 70. That will change.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=910&CID=670851

BobZag
10-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Are we seeing a backup plan developing just in case Jeff Taylor commits elsewhere? :(

Maybe, but I doubt it. Taylor is a great slasher, not a shooter. Reid is a great shooter. Very different players, these two are. Taylor = Brandon Roy-ish. Reid = Richie Frahm-ish. They'd be dynamic on the court together.

From last summer's adidas tourney--

Jeff Reid didn’t waste any time getting it going against Capitol City in an afternoon contest. The 6-foot-6 wing stroked it from deep to the tune of 20 points at the half time buzzer. While we didn’t get his final tally, we are sure it was in the thirties. His jumper is pure out to 24-feet and can put it on the floor for one or two dribbles and pull up for mid-range jump shots.

And earlier last spring at a KU tourney--

Jeff Reid. Somewhere between the middle of nowhere and out in the sticks you’ll run into Brewster. You’ll also run into a surprisingly salty hooper with some flair and a terrific feel for putting the ball in the hole. Long, athletic and capable of putting the ball on the floor, he’s got a chance at playing at a high level down the road. One thing is for sure, nobody is going to walk away thinking Reid’s jumper needs help!

BobZag
10-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Bump for Hondo.