PDA

View Full Version : OT: Send a prayer out to JazzDelmar

former1dog
10-23-2007, 09:11 AM
I don't know for sure if long time board member and contributor Jazz has had to evacuate his home or not, but it seems likely.

Send a prayer out for him and his family in these trying times.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northcounty/20071023-0214-bn22fire9.html

The head of the fire, blown west from Poway by savage Santa Ana winds, had been headed for Fairbanks Ranch but took a turn southwest toward Del Mar Heights and Solana Beach, where residents also were told to evacuate. Carmel Mountain Ranch and 4-S Ranch also are considered threatened

BobZag
10-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Jazz is too dang cantankerous to let fire and smoke run him out. Brooklynites are tough dudes. He'll be fine. :pray:

ZigZagSoCal
10-23-2007, 09:57 AM
:pray: :pray: :pray:

MDABE80
10-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Very principled man Jazz is. It's a mess down there right now. I have some webcams that might make your nails curl. Jazz should be in our prayers.....as should be all the people in SoCal. BZ is right though: Jazz is too cantankerous :)

Bocco
10-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Jazz has been on the board today, hopefully it means he and his family are safe and out of harms way.

LongIslandZagFan
10-23-2007, 11:18 AM
My prayers are out there for you Jazz.

lawzag
10-23-2007, 11:43 AM
likewise - Jazz, you're in my prayers as well.

SageOfZagville
10-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Unbelievable Devestation.

My In-Laws and my Wife's Sister and her husband live in Fallbrook. They have evacuated North to Murietta. So far their homes are still standing, but as they were leaving, there was a solid wall of smoke and flames behind them.

Prayers go out to all those affected by the fire and smoke. It will take a huge effort to rebuild. I noticed in the paper on Sunday that some of the mill owners were shutting down due to the low price of wood. This may cause prices to go through the roof. If you have any projects to do around the house and you need wood, get it now. Some of those folks may just take the insurance check and move to places like Spokane and Boise. Housing prices may rise here as well.

The Sage.

DoggieDogpound
10-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Winds have changed - Jazz is safe. I live in
the poor part of Del Mar - have a friend who is here now watching fires on live TV coverage that are within 1/4 mile of his house in Escondido - hot and dry here still - not much beer left in the fridge - time for a beer run.

jazzdelmar
10-23-2007, 05:50 PM
I am o-whelmed by the wonderful thoughts, even those made with tongue firmly in BZ cheek. As mentioned by my poor neighbor (where do u live?), the chief threat to DM -- the Witch fire -- seems to have been slowed. However, there are a dozen or so fires still at work. The slight shift in the wind did the trick, amazingly. There's little f-fighters on the ground can do w/o that; the airborne water/chem fighters are much more effective. Tis too soon to breathe a sigh of complete relief, but I still can offer a "much appreciated" to all my fellow Zagaholics....Now, as for the point guard play..................

ZagNut08
10-23-2007, 06:08 PM
glad you are well, my family lives just north of you but seems to be safe for the moment. hope the winds calm down and the firefighters can get the blazes under control

jimmy b
10-23-2007, 07:32 PM
we thought we lost our house twice in last two days. We had good fortune to be next to the only "contained" fire in all of San Diego, the coronado hills fire. the fire fighters stopped it with nothing between it and our place but a 1/4 mile of native brush and Eucalyptus trees yesterday morning. Today was more of the same but from another direction, but winds died and all is well.

Compared to the last fire here, it is astounding how much better the coordination and execution of the fire dept., government, media has been.
shocking difference. they saved many lives.

ZagNative
10-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Great first post, Jimmy B! Congrats for your good fortune with the fire, and welcome to the board. Continued good luck to you!

LongIslandZagFan
10-24-2007, 05:43 AM
I am o-whelmed by the wonderful thoughts, even those made with tongue firmly in BZ cheek. As mentioned by my poor neighbor (where do u live?), the chief threat to DM -- the Witch fire -- seems to have been slowed. However, there are a dozen or so fires still at work. The slight shift in the wind did the trick, amazingly. There's little f-fighters on the ground can do w/o that; the airborne water/chem fighters are much more effective. Tis too soon to breathe a sigh of complete relief, but I still can offer a "much appreciated" to all my fellow Zagaholics....Now, as for the point guard play..................

Jazz -

Glad to hear you and your home are OK. I don't think anyone had anything but the best wishes for you. I may give you a hard time on the board... but... this is completely different.

former1dog
10-24-2007, 06:34 AM
What a relief to hear you're ok Jazz!

kitzbuel
10-24-2007, 06:45 AM
Great first post, Jimmy B! Congrats for your good fortune with the fire, and welcome to the board. Continued good luck to you!

I echo ZN's sentiments. Glad to hear all the So Cal Zags are doing ok so far.

Zag79
11-03-2007, 12:15 AM
glad to hear your safe jazz! speaking of pg's... ;)