PDA

View Full Version : Pitino fired!

thespywhozaggedme
09-27-2017, 07:57 AM
Good start

MDABE80
09-27-2017, 09:19 AM
Louisville has some superior players. Maybe they'd be attracted to a FF and NC team.

scrooner
09-27-2017, 09:28 AM
Technically, it's unpaid administrative leave and the trustees will make a final decision in October.

ZionZag
09-27-2017, 10:12 AM
Louisville has some superior players. Maybe they'd be attracted to a FF and NC team.

That would be perfect......they already have "fat" bank accounts so they won't need scholarships'

LongIslandZagFan
09-27-2017, 10:44 AM
Technically, it's unpaid administrative leave and the trustees will make a final decision in October.

Call it what you want... he is as gone as gone can be.

SWZag
09-27-2017, 11:00 AM
Five potential replacements for Rick Pitino as Louisville's basketball coach (http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/rick-pitino-replacements-louisville-basketball-tom-crean-chris-mooney-mitch-henderson/1eznb3bf23dt21mpw06642s71x)

Tom Crean, former Indiana coach
Chris Mooney, Richmond
Mitch Henderson, Princeton
Scott Davenport, Bellarmine
Bob McKillop, Davidson

kitzbuel
09-27-2017, 11:18 AM
Five potential replacements for Rick Pitino as Louisville's basketball coach (http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/rick-pitino-replacements-louisville-basketball-tom-crean-chris-mooney-mitch-henderson/1eznb3bf23dt21mpw06642s71x)

There are no potential replacements until the status if the Louisville program is determined. My bet is that they appoint an assistant as interim for this upcoming season and make a long term decision based on the fallout. If they are hammered, it will be tough to bring anyone in.

jazzdelmar
09-27-2017, 12:10 PM

Two Princeton grads....Mitch much too buttoned down, the anti Pitino. McKillop has passed on majors before, a GREAT coach and person. Too old, also. Crean is perfect, for all the right as wrong reasons. Plus he has the suits already and he prowls even more than RP did.

sittingon50
09-27-2017, 12:31 PM
Yeah, McKillop is kind of a head scratcher to me.

Probably as clean as can be, but a little long in the tooth (as Jazz mentioned) for the time it'll take to right this ship.

Plus, what currently employed Coach would bail on his program @ this late date?

Martin Centre Mad Man
09-27-2017, 12:46 PM
There are no potential replacements until the status if the Louisville program is determined. My bet is that they appoint an assistant as interim for this upcoming season and make a long term decision based on the fallout. If they are hammered, it will be tough to bring anyone in.

Do they have any assistant coaches who are clean? I realize that their options are limited, but they might want to bring in an outside face just to show that they are serious about changing the culture. I might call some crazy disciplinarian out of retirement and ask if he wants the job for a year. Would Bobby Knight want the job?

SLOZag
09-27-2017, 01:33 PM
I realize that their options are limited, but they might want to bring in an outside face just to show that they are serious about changing the culture.

Randy B.?

CDC84
09-27-2017, 01:51 PM
Randy B.?

Doubt it. For one thing, Randy doesn't win the "press conference" and doesn't possess the personality for a job of that nature. Secondly, Randy has NCAA violations on his record. I would imagine the new coach is going to be totally clean.

L'Ville has lost two of its 2018 recruits:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20837972/louisville-recruits-courtney-ramey-anfernee-simons-decommit-school

Anfernee Simons is a shooting guard (more of a combo guard) that is ranked at #6 with 247Sports. Florida could be a possible destination.

Courtney Ramey is also a point guard. #46 nationally with 247Sports.

thespywhozaggedme
09-27-2017, 01:59 PM

October is Sunday. As per State employee rules, they have to give 10 days notice. He is fired.

thespywhozaggedme
09-27-2017, 02:03 PM
5Star recruit Brian Bowen removed from all team activities:

http://louisville.247sports.com/Bolt/Freshman-Brian-Bowen-removed-from-Louisville-team-activities--108074525

CDC84
09-27-2017, 02:17 PM
I bet the Big Blue Nation is loving this. Not that their own coach hasn't had run ins with the NCAA before, but this L'Ville thing is at a different level.

CDC84
09-27-2017, 02:22 PM
The Sporting News on Pitino's downfall:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/rick-pitino-fired-louisville-basketball-scandal-karen-sypher-andre-mcgee-recruiting-brian-bowen/11rbo3ua4phvk1j3rz5dhveq0x

CDC84
09-27-2017, 03:58 PM
There are a number of names being mentioned to replace Pitino....Tom Crean, Bob McKillop........

But with talks about a possible "death penalty," L'Ville will be lucky if it can get a successful local high school coach. No big name coach, or even a young, talented one, is going to want to sit thru a death penalty.

The key thing that L'Ville will be looking for is someone with a pristine reputation. Wins are gravy at this point.

willandi
09-27-2017, 04:06 PM
There are a number of names being mentioned to replace Pitino....Tom Crean, Bob McKillop........

But with talks about a possible "death penalty," L'Ville will be lucky if it can get a successful local high school coach. No big name coach, or even a young, talented one, is going to want to sit thru a death penalty.

The key thing that L'Ville will be looking for is someone with a pristine reputation. Wins are gravy at this point.

With a death penalty, they wouldn't need a coach.

CDC84
09-27-2017, 04:35 PM

Obviously.....but Louisville has to hire a coach NOW, before any such death penalty is handed down. I am talking about them trying to hire a coach with the possibility of a death penalty hanging over the team. Who would want to get hired, run a clean program, and then see the death penalty thrown at the program?

The comments below from the one of the TSN articles above really shows how pathetic Pitino is. He is too good of a coach to do this. It's kind of a myth that he has always recruited (or purchased) one 5 star player after the next:

It is easy enough to look at the multiple schools that had assistant coaches indicted by the U.S. Attorney on Tuesday and others whose programs were dragged into those 100-some pages of ignominy and assume there is only one avenue to success: But there are college teams that win a lot without engaging in anything so untoward.

Pitino was able to get 25 wins and a No. 3 seed in 2011 out of a team whose star player, Preston Knowles, was offered scholarships by Marshall, Morehead State, Western Kentucky and Miami. (No, the other Miami). He was so gifted as a developer and organizer of talent, it’s possible only Bob Knight and Larry Brown were his superiors in those departments. He could have won his way to retirement on a series of players just like Preston Knowles.

kitzbuel
09-27-2017, 06:31 PM
Saw this on the BYU board. Had to chuckle. https://twitter.com/blk_tray/status/913162201489326080

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Bogozags
09-27-2017, 06:50 PM

Very unlikely that happens BUT I believe all their recruits would be "free" to transfer AND be immediately eligible...which I believe is one reason the NCAA will not make that decision. SMU football has never recovered and I also believe the ACC and ESPN would not be happy either...

sittingon50
09-27-2017, 07:15 PM
Saw this on the BYU board. Had to chuckle. https://twitter.com/blk_tray/status/913162201489326080

:roll:

That is hilarious!

sittingon50
09-27-2017, 07:19 PM
Very unlikely that happens BUT I believe all their recruits would be "free" to transfer AND be immediately eligible...which I believe is one reason the NCAA will not make that decision. SMU football has never recovered and I also believe the ACC and ESPN would not be happy either...

That would get really sticky; having already started classes @ one school & then jumping into classes well underway at the next? And how soon could you even make the decision?

willandi
09-27-2017, 07:31 PM
That would get really sticky; having already started classes @ one school & then jumping into classes well underway at the next? And how soon could you even make the decision?

I don't think they will, but the school could release them today and ask the NCAA to grant an immediate waver.

I don't expect that to happen.

I expect Louisville to drag their feet until it becomes effectively too late

thespywhozaggedme
09-27-2017, 07:45 PM

I love one of the comments, "whoever created that won the Internet today." That is brilliant.

Zagceo
09-27-2017, 08:52 PM
how the day unfolded

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2017/09/27/louisville-college-basketball-scandal-right-now/707598001/

RenoZag
09-27-2017, 09:26 PM

There's an Arizona version too. . .

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1935225-arizona-vs-fbi?store_id=127097

SWZag
09-27-2017, 09:32 PM
The Controversial Rick Pitino (https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/si/college-basketball/photo/2017/09/27/rick-pitino-most-controversial-moments%3fsource=dam)

Pitino’s troubles with the NCAA date all the way back to his first head coaching job at Hawaii. Pitino was accused of providing round-trip airfare for a player between New York and Honolulu, giving free food coupons to players and arranging for players to exchange season tickets for used cars. Pitino denied the reports in 1989, saying “I didn’t make any mistakes, I don’t care what anyone says.”

Bogozags
09-28-2017, 03:56 AM
I don't think they will, but the school could release them today and ask the NCAA to grant an immediate waver.

I don't expect that to happen.

I expect Louisville to drag their feet until it becomes effectively too late

I always remember to keep in the back of my mind that "money makes the world go round!"

It would take the NCAA months to complete the investigation and then make a decision on the Death Penalty and by that time the school year would be over...two top 100 recruits already decided to undo their commitment to UL...that's the beginning...IMO

willandi
09-28-2017, 05:55 AM
I always remember to keep in the back of my mind that "money makes the world go round!"

It would take the NCAA months to complete the investigation and then make a decision on the Death Penalty and by that time the school year would be over...two top 100 recruits already decided to undo their commitment to UL...that's the beginning...IMO

True. I was actually thinking of this years players.

SWZag
09-28-2017, 09:33 AM
Those who cheat are selfish, self-centered and think of no one except themselves. Good article on those who will be affected.

NCAA's decision could have huge impact on Kentucky's economy (http://kentuckytoday.com/stories/ncaas-decision-could-have-huge-impact-on-kentuckys-economy,9382)

CDC84
09-28-2017, 09:50 AM
3 scandals that tainted Rick Pitino's legacy at Louisville:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/louisville-rick-pitino-adidas-scandal-karen-sypher-extortion-katrina-powell-book-recruits-scandals-list

I will always remember Pitino at the podium during the Karen Sypher scandal, apologizing for his "indiscretion"......repeatedly. He couldn't make himself say that he cheated on his spouse. It was just an "indiscretion".

Was it ever proven true that he gave her money to get an abortion (as was originally reported), or was it just extortion money to keep the affair quiet??

Zag_Dad
09-28-2017, 09:53 AM
Those who cheat are selfish, self-centered and think of no one except themselves. Good article on those who will be affected.

NCAA's decision could have huge impact on Kentucky's economy (http://kentuckytoday.com/stories/ncaas-decision-could-have-huge-impact-on-kentuckys-economy,9382)

It sucks that Pitino and his cheating staff would put the fans and citizens at risk of suffering financially but HE is the villain NOT the NCAA. Any fan who shifts their ire towards the committee who decides to impose a "one year ban" for "aggravating factors" has misplaced their anger. Perhaps Pitino should be ordered to forfeit some of the almost $8 million/year to offset the ticket takers, concession stand staff and janitors that will loose jobs as a result of HIS failure to maintain institutional control. I found this article offensive! Are we supposed to ignore punishment for a Murderer because he is the sole bread winner for his family? Be pissed at Pitino not the NCAA

SWZag
09-28-2017, 10:03 AM
It sucks that Pitino and his cheating staff would put the fans and citizens at risk of suffering financially but HE is the villain NOT the NCAA. Any fan who shifts their ire towards the committee who decides to impose a "one year ban" for "aggravating factors" has misplaced their anger. Perhaps Pitino should be ordered to forfeit some of the almost $8 million/year to offset the ticket takers, concession stand staff and janitors that will loose jobs as a result of HIS failure to maintain institutional control. I found this article offensive! Are we supposed to ignore punishment for a Murderer because he is the sole bread winner for his family? Be pissed at Pitino not the NCAA

I agree with your comments, the anger should be directed towards those who are breaking the rules. I do think that the heading was a little misleading, but I read it as it being the NCAA's decision that will ultimately decide the teams fate (death penalty, etc). I don't think the FBI would shut down a basketball team, I could be wrong. I do put a lot of the blame on the NCAA in the fact that they've done absolutely nothing that everyone knew was going on. Pitino should have never still been coaching if the NCAA cared one bit about being ethical.

Zagceo
09-28-2017, 11:00 AM
Jason King line......"end of an error"

Zagceo
09-29-2017, 06:07 PM
Padgett named Interim ........

jazzdelmar
09-30-2017, 03:01 AM
Padgett named Interim ........

Unimpressed w press conference

basketballzag
09-30-2017, 09:15 AM
Sean Miller on his last leg now as his firing is all but sealed. FBI searched his house seizing his computer the morning before last which only a few media outlets have reported. Miller called an emergency coaches only meeting immediately after but no one else allowed in meeting. UA has asked for meetings with Miller but he has refused any meetings unless his attorneys are present. UA has provided no hint of public support. Sponsors are quietly dropping miller and Miller and/or UA have cancelled UA events for forseable future right now.

Walk, talks, looks like a Oregon Duck

Hoopaholic
09-30-2017, 10:32 AM
Sean Miller on his last leg now as his firing is all but sealed. FBI searched his house seizing his computer the morning before last which only a few media outlets have reported. Miller called an emergency coaches only meeting immediately after but no one else allowed in meeting. UA has asked for meetings with Miller but he has refused any meetings unless his attorneys are present. UA has provided no hint of public support. Sponsors are quietly dropping miller and Miller and/or UA have cancelled UA events for forseable future right now.

Miller kept Richardson on staff for 11 years so can't claim didn't know

Oh gee he recently hired Romar who had rumors of pay to play with Fultz and other kids including inserting high school coach who suddenly was getting high profiles kids showing up at this no name no success program

Makes me go hmmmm

MDABE80
09-30-2017, 11:18 AM
A big tumble comin right up. I'd be surprised if the players don't flee one step ahead of John Law. I'd be surprised if these kids didn't know. In ANY of these involved programs, I'd be surprised if the kids didn't know....

Bogozags
09-30-2017, 11:20 AM

BBZ could you please site a source...I'd like to read more...THANKS

Birddog
09-30-2017, 12:13 PM

Looks like some serious CYA going on in Tucson!

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/sporting_news/cc/25/miller-sean031914-ap-ftrjpg_1vhvby5i1yqqe16xub2cpoi6e6.jpg?t=-618615004&w=960&quality=70

WHO KNEW!!

SLOZag
09-30-2017, 12:20 PM
BBZ could you please site a source...I'd like to read more...THANKS

Same request.

SLOZag
09-30-2017, 01:17 PM
Sean Miller on his last leg now as his firing is all but sealed. FBI searched his house seizing his computer the morning before last which only a few media outlets have reported. Miller called an emergency coaches only meeting immediately after but no one else allowed in meeting. UA has asked for meetings with Miller but he has refused any meetings unless his attorneys are present. UA has provided no hint of public support.

While I'm not calling BS on your post yet -- I'm still waiting for you to share with us your sources so we can examine them -- the more I think about it, the greater your post seems to resemble a Sean Spicer report (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWuc18xISwI) rather than a factual report about Sean Miller. Your factual support for your post is eagerly awaited.

Zagceo
09-30-2017, 01:40 PM
Maybe BZ has someone on the inside....can't elaborate.

Arizona ranked #1 in some pre-season polls with the top recruiting class

The silence by Miller is deafening IMO....sponsors pulling back

Greg Hansen: Corruption, bribery, fraud and conspiracy could be Arizona Wildcats' new Final Four

It is the same Book Richardson who sits down the bench from Sean Miller and helps to recruit Arizona’s marvelous basketball players from New York and Philadelphia and Winnipeg, Manitoba.The United States of America says that while recruiting these marvelous basketball players, Book Richardson committed conspiracy, bribery, fraud and other things that can get a man locked away in jail for season after season.
These aren’t the words of the slow-moving and often bootless NCAA, but rather the wallop of the mighty Federal Bureau of Investigation.
When the FBI went public Tuesday with its accusations against Richardson and coaches at USC, Auburn, Oklahoma State and Louisville, it had all the subtlety of a stealth bomber dropping an incendiary on Arizona’s basketball program.
It’s as if McKale Center itself burned to the ground.
If it’s not yet the worst day in UA basketball history — in Tucson sports history — it will possibly turn out that way. The subsequent revelations and investigations have yet to begin. It is apt to become our own unhappy Watergate: What did Sean Miller know and when did he know it?
If he doesn’t have the proper explanations, Arizona’s basketball program will go from the Big Dance to the Big House.

ouch

http://tucson.com/news/local/arizona-basketball-coach-sean-miller-no-longer-appears-in-credit/article_5d01faee-a574-11e7-8935-23998e98e29f.html

ZagNative
09-30-2017, 01:57 PM
My recollection is that basketballzag is somewhat famous for having a pipeline to inside info. I'm inclined to believe what he/she says...

I did search unsuccessfully for reports about Miller's home/office being searched but found nothing.

I may be a dummy (likely am) but I like Sean Miller and feel he's been a friend to the Gonzaga program, so hard news of him being found to be dirty would make me sad ....

While I'm not calling BS on your post yet -- I'm still waiting for you to share with us your sources so we can examine them -- the more I think about it, the greater your post seems to resemble a Sean Spicer report (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWuc18xISwI) rather than a factual report about Sean Miller. Your factual support for your post is eagerly awaited.

jazzdelmar
09-30-2017, 03:57 PM
BBZ knows all.

Guess Seannie lost integrity and weight at same time.

Anyone check in on Seacatfan? Ledges? Saguaro needles?

former1dog
09-30-2017, 04:05 PM
The most damning thing for Miller is that Richardson was an 11 year assistant. So, IMO, Miller is in trouble if he knew (of course) but in just as much trouble if he didn't know. "Loss of institutional control"

Zagceo
09-30-2017, 04:15 PM
Programs are influenced tremendously by Alumni (big donors) ....if Sean has deniability with no evidence after 2 years of FBI sting....some Alumni and Administrators will defend Miller...will it be enough is the question.

"Loss of Institutional control" would fit Miller ...how bout Roy Williams?

former1dog
09-30-2017, 04:17 PM
Programs are influenced tremendously by Alumni (big donors) ....if Sean has deniability with no evidence after 2 years of FBI sting....some Alumni and Administrators will defend Miller...will it be enough is the question.

Not sure about old Roy. I haven't followed that story closely.

I think we're in agreement about Coach Miller, though.

JPtheBeasta
09-30-2017, 04:27 PM
Anyone have a membership to 247sports?

There's a trending Sean Miller house raiding thread on the Wildcats board but I don't have access.

btzag
09-30-2017, 07:02 PM

Roy is as dirty as anybody. Haven't believed anything from that snake in years.

As for Miller, he had recruited alongside Kentucky and Duke levels ever since he walked into the Arizona job, even though he has struggled to produce on court results at that level. I wonder how... Just remember the blueprint laid out by Pitino with his other scandal; no clue, assistants on the loose, etc. It's like listening to steroid era baseball players state that they had no clue how the substance got in their body, translation total bs.

bartruff1
09-30-2017, 08:08 PM
Romar....might just be interim coach....if any of this is true....

basketballzag
09-30-2017, 08:17 PM
Anyone have a membership to 247sports?

There's a trending Sean Miller house raiding thread on the Wildcats board but I don't have access.

You will have the financially vested folks claiming it didn't happen I'm sure but don't fall for it.

On another note keep a very close eye on the Kansas program and their landing of Cliff Alexander and Andrew Wiggins. This FBI investigation is going to get really ugly with the financial paper trail Nike/Adidas and other stupidly tracked.

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-04-2017, 02:57 AM
http://www.theonion.com/video/will-louisville-be-able-recruit-elite-prostitutes--57079

sittingon50
10-04-2017, 07:07 AM
MCMM,

Not sure how long you've used your tag line, but a variation of one of my all time favorite lines.

CDC84
10-04-2017, 10:52 AM
My recollection is that basketballzag is somewhat famous for having a pipeline to inside info. I'm inclined to believe what he/she says...

I did search unsuccessfully for reports about Miller's home/office being searched but found nothing.

I may be a dummy (likely am) but I like Sean Miller and feel he's been a friend to the Gonzaga program, so hard news of him being found to be dirty would make me sad ....

+1. I was really looking forward to Gonzaga and Arizona resuming their home and home series after a mini break this season and next season due to both teams being in the Maui Invitational.

GU schedulers need to get on the phone with UCLA to get another home and home going. I know Alford said that he wanted to do another home and home with GU.

MDABE80
10-04-2017, 11:10 AM
I doubt Miller cared about $10 K or higher when he's already got a package worth $5 million. Who in their right mind would tinker with his position or package for a mere $100 K or so? BUT it's hard to believe he knew NOTHING about his assistants with new cars, houses, swimming pool and the usual adornments of wealthy. Something simply doesn't add up. It may be this junk isn't illegal ( ie no laws broken) but unethical as heck.

thebigsmoove
10-04-2017, 11:35 AM
http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/sean-miller-devastated-by-fbi-probe-but-receives-support-from/article_37271fe6-b35f-55f7-815e-ffe4d605dc57.html

Cant believe it took this long for them to really release any statement or for the AD/Prez to voice their support. Really makes you wonder what all was going on behind the scenes.

zagmantis2001
10-04-2017, 11:41 AM
http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/sean-miller-devastated-by-fbi-probe-but-receives-support-from/article_37271fe6-b35f-55f7-815e-ffe4d605dc57.html

Cant believe it took this long for them to really release any statement or for the AD/Prez to voice their support. Really makes you wonder what all was going on behind the scenes.

Probably wanted to make darn sure that they looked for all of the landmines before they issued a statement of support.

CDC84
10-06-2017, 03:55 PM
Report: Rick Pitino took in 98 percent of the cash from Louisville's current Adidas deal

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20927320/report-says-rick-pitino-got-98-percent-cash-louisville-current-adidas-deal

Slick Rick is leaving a very rich man.

sage
10-06-2017, 04:15 PM
Report: Rick Pitino took in 98 percent of the cash from Louisville's current Adidas deal

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20927320/report-says-rick-pitino-got-98-percent-cash-louisville-current-adidas-deal

Slick Rick is leaving a very rich man.

And in a year or two, all will be forgotten and he'll be a hero. Money makes short memories. He'll be playing golf with OJ.

willandi
10-06-2017, 06:47 PM
And in a year or two, all will be forgotten and he'll be a hero. Money makes short memories. He'll be playing golf with OJ.

Could be golfing with OJ in 10-20, with time off for good behavior!

If some of the assistants charged are facing lengthy prison time, I would expect them to roll over. If Pitino got 98% of the Adidas money, I surely would tell all to avoid prison.

Birddog
10-07-2017, 04:55 AM
Could be golfing with OJ in 10-20, with time off for good behavior!

If some of the assistants charged are facing lengthy prison time, I would expect them to roll over. If Pitino got 98% of the Adidas money, I surely would tell all to avoid prison.

After reading the article, I believe what Pitino got from Adidas was legit though egregious. The headline is misleading.

Zerogame
10-07-2017, 07:09 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/rick-pitinos-termination-letter-absolutely-ripped-him-to-shreds/ar-AAt0i5z?ocid=spartanntp

kitzbuel
10-17-2017, 01:13 AM
It is official now, Louisville Athletic Association votes to terminate Pitino's contract.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/rick-pitino-will-never-coach-college-basketball-again-industry-sources-tend-to-believe/

thebigsmoove
10-17-2017, 04:25 AM
It is official now, Louisville Athletic Association votes to terminate Pitino's contract.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/rick-pitino-will-never-coach-college-basketball-again-industry-sources-tend-to-believe/

http://www.businessinsider.com/louisville-coach-rick-pitino-and-adidas-exec-texts-in-bribery-scandal-2017-10

The Plot thickens, apparently Pitino texted Gatto after the FBI report came out, but there were also deleted messages. The attorney tried to claim the date on the text was the date the message was copied. :roll:

23zagmd
10-17-2017, 05:45 AM
My take on this whole scandal.....

First of all, good god was it time for Pitino to be caught and dealt with! On the other hand, this whole scandal, I fear, will spread so far and wide that the NCAA will just ignore the whole thing. For it to have teeth, we all need a Felony conviction by the Feds for people to really take notice. Yes there will be more firings but why? We know that without the actual legal stuff, the NCAA and that bumbling idiot Mark Emmert will do absolutely nothing about all this because they don't have any rules to deal with any of it. So Arizona may vacate wins or something like that, what have they actually won? and they cheat!

the whole thing makes me sick!

jazzdelmar
10-17-2017, 06:26 AM
Whatever happened to Seannie Miller being on the brink?

northsidezagfan
10-17-2017, 02:55 PM
:vomit-smiley-007:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21055578/former-louisville-cardinals-coach-rick-pitino-files-lawsuit-adidas

kitzbuel
10-17-2017, 03:30 PM
Whatever happened to Seannie Miller being on the brink?

The FBI works at its own pace. I have seen where they raid computers and IT equipment and then bring charges over a year later. The charges are pretty iron clad when they bring them.

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-17-2017, 05:51 PM
Pitino is now suing Adidas.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/10/17/rick-pitino-sues-adidas-ncaa-recruiting-scandal-louisville

jbslicer
10-18-2017, 07:48 AM
When Pitino gets inducted into the Swarmy Weasel Hall of Fame, do you think he will wear his all white suit?

Birddog
10-18-2017, 04:59 PM
When Pitino gets inducted into the Swarmy Weasel Hall of Fame, do you think he will wear his all white suit?

He'll probably be wearing his "Lawsuit".