PDA

View Full Version : Joey Brackets Aug 17, 2017

MDABE80
08-18-2017, 11:01 PM
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Hey it's Summer. Much of this mean nothing with 2.5 months to go till tip. I guess it's an indicator of some things. In a few weeks the preseason polls with be out. Zags won't be respected til (and unless) we win the first 10 games ;) Anyway, enjoy. :pray:

KStyles
08-19-2017, 02:54 AM

Hey it's Summer. Much of this mean nothing with 2.5 months to go till tip. I guess it's an indicator of some things. In a few weeks the preseason polls with be out. Zags won't be respected til (and unless) we win the first 10 games ;) Anyway, enjoy. :pray:

Still means close to nothing April as well. SC was unranked last spring.

Goshzagit
08-19-2017, 05:31 AM
Still means close to nothing April as well. SC was unranked last spring.

This feels spot on to me.

Last Fall, I predicted a 2 maybe 3 seed.

This year's squad seems more like a 5 to 7 seed.

We just wont be as consistent on defense, meaning we'll drop a game or two vs hot shooting teams, & our interior defense, plus rim protection isn't as formidable....nor intimidating. Larsen is strong, has solid feet, high motor, & good hands, but not a rim protector and never really has been. I compare him to Eric Mika w/out the jumper. J3 has swat shots but needs perfect timing or help defense.

Guards would rarely dribble drive vs our dual 7 footers last season.

We are not as stout underneath, a team with 1 or 2 legit post players could spell foul trouble for Tillie, J3, Rui, or Kispert. Our smaller post players were protected with Karno' s body, Collins length, & both their fouls.

This team is just mire prone to winning some games they probably shouldn't or underdog, while also losing games they probably shouldn't...

I like our squad. Fun team. Versatile. We just aren't as mature or experienced, mostly underneath, which helps generate defensive consistency and tough baskets on offense.

We will make the NCAA, but probably a middle seed, I suspect. I've pictured like a 6/7, which are teams who beat a few Top 25 squads, win their lesser confference, & lose 4 or 5 games.

Rangerzag
08-19-2017, 05:37 AM
Mr Brackets shows St Marys in capitals and not the Zags. I do not agree with him on that count. I think the Zags win the conference again. Both shown as five seeds.

bartruff1
08-19-2017, 07:07 AM
I suspect that is as good as it is going to get.....

btzag
08-19-2017, 09:26 AM
I suspect that is as good as it is going to get.....

Until we play games...and then I think we will be better than a 5 seed.

MDABE80
08-19-2017, 01:46 PM
All of this is conjectural. Nobody doubts our bigs. If guard play gets near the Nigel "era" we'll be fine. It's the guards this guy doubts. Me too. If Josh and the rest do what they can do (this is in doubt) we should be ok. Kispert won't disappoint and I'm thinking if he's turn loose, we 're in for a great season. It looks like the verdict is out at the 1 and 2 spots. Those 4-5 options at the guard positions are key and will tell the tale.

Things do change yearly. If the reports are correct, Few will be needing a corp of new bigs next year. I do not know how Few pulls it off yearly. Across the country very few respect the WCC victories. Our money is made in the OOC. I hope we ravage that part of the season this year like last year. The Nike festival can be won by us in our grouping. If we do, we're on our way.

Kemo 1966
08-19-2017, 03:27 PM
IMO, SMC and GU will be 1-2 in league....at this point in that order [experience and desire...where two team s are close at this stage] However, if this holds true, GU will win the Conference tourney (and won't face SMC). I believe the winner of the 4-5 game will oust the league champ this year. Both SMC and GU will probably be #5's in the NCAA's. Go WCC!

BobZag
08-19-2017, 04:49 PM

That's a Sweet 16 bracket for the Zags.

MDABE80
08-19-2017, 06:07 PM
Well the Hammer comes down from BZ. it's settled. So be it!

Reborn
08-21-2017, 07:45 PM
I'm a lot more positive than most of the fans posting on this thread, accept maybe Bob Z. For me reaching the Sweet 16 is really a very good accomplishment for ANY team. In no way do I see us as a 5-7 seed. I believe Lunardi has us as the first 5 seed which is the equivalent of being ranked 17th. I disagree with everything "this guy" says about Josh Perkins, or anything some Gonzaga fans say about Josh. IMO Josh is going to have a really good year and so are our guards. They are young, but they are also experienced. Josh and Melson both have a lot of experience and will keep the younger guys focused. New players like Norvell and Larsen were both red -shirts last year and were involved in learning about what Few expects of his players. They should know both the offensive and defensive systems and how to play at both ends. I think every team in the Portland tournament will be better at the end of the year, but Gonzaga is not going to be favored believe me. Florida and Duke are both on our side of the brackets and right now they are both in the top 10 with Duke being #1 in some polls. This tournament is going to be great for Gonzaga because it's going to show the players what they need to improve on. I don't expect us to win our side of the bracket, but if we do it's going to be a great sign; just as it was last year. My confidence in the Zags for this upcoming season grows daily as I continue to read a lot more about the players and watch more video. I hope we sign Doutrive.