PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Williams decomitting from Arizona?

doctorzag
08-16-2017, 08:04 PM
Tweeted it out but then erased it later on today.

Zagceo
08-16-2017, 08:07 PM
http://www.scout.com/Article/Top-50-2018-PG-Brandon-Williams-remains-committed-to-Arizona-106228099

doctorzag
08-16-2017, 08:23 PM
So Miller brings in another 5 star point guard, Williams feelings are hurt. He tweets out that he is decommiting, Miller talks him down and then he says he was hacked.

sittingon50
08-17-2017, 12:21 AM
So Miller brings in another 5 star point guard, Williams feelings are hurt. He tweets out that he is decommiting, Miller talks him down and then he says he was hacked.

So was he hacked, or was he hacked?

Birddog
08-17-2017, 06:54 AM
So was he hacked, or was he hacked?

I see what you did there, good one.

TheGonzagaFactor
08-17-2017, 07:19 AM

Miller has good luck with recruiting and tournament draws, but he has bad luck in getting immature players.

Remember TJ Leaf not only decommitted over something stupid, but also changed his international affiliation to Israel from the US. Miller really sets 'em off lol.

btzag
08-17-2017, 07:38 AM
I'll say it again as I did on the recruit thread; read the exact quotes of Williams when he committed and the other kid when he committed...the two do not line up and I think they were sold different plans to get them to commit. I'm not surprised there are some issues now.

Kiddwell
08-17-2017, 07:55 AM
Isn't it difficult to override the Twitter safeguards and hack an account? Aren't those Twitty tech folk pretty sharp/sophisticated when it comes to protecting their product? Unless it involves international espionage or similar, Kiddwell has a lot of trouble believing every person who tweets something (then retracts it) has been "hacked."

Wish this kid would rethink his recruitment and switch to us. Wish, mewishes.

:]

Zag_Dad
08-17-2017, 08:18 AM
Isn't it difficult to override the Twitter safeguards and hack an account? Aren't those Twitty tech folk pretty sharp/sophisticated when it comes to protecting their product? Unless it involves international espionage or similar, Kiddwell has a lot of trouble believing every person who tweets something (then retracts it) has been "hacked."

Wish this kid would rethink his recruitment and switch to us. Wish, mewishes.

:]

Being "hacked" could be as simple as one of Williams friends taking his phone and posting a tweet on that (Williams') account. It doesn't have to be as sophisticated as international espionage. Sometimes kids like to prank each other and don't appreciate how serious the ramifications can be.

Mojo13
08-17-2017, 08:53 AM
Being "hacked" could be as simple as one of Williams friends taking his phone and posting a tweet on that (Williams') account. It doesn't have to be as sophisticated as international espionage. Sometimes kids like to prank each other and don't appreciate how serious the ramifications can be.

Yerp. All hack means is using some for something other than its intended use. I can hack a toaster by having it grill Asparagus for me.

cggonzaga
08-17-2017, 01:03 PM

:roll: and spot on.

doctorzag
08-17-2017, 04:55 PM

I would say its 90% sure that Williams tweeted it and maybe 10% that a friend with access to his twitter account got a hold of his phone and decided to of all things rescind his commitment to Arizona.

thebigsmoove
08-23-2017, 08:36 AM
I would say its 90% sure that Williams tweeted it and maybe 10% that a friend with access to his twitter account got a hold of his phone and decided to of all things rescind his commitment to Arizona.

Lets be real. None of us know, so providing odds of it being true or untrue isn't really helping the situation out. Also, Doesn't matter if he de-committed from Arizona or not, highly doubt he comes to Spokane.

CDC84
08-23-2017, 01:26 PM
I would hate to be a coach these days with all the twitter stuff when it comes to recruiting. Or even when it comes to managing your current roster of players.