PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga December 5 @ MSG vs Nova

75Zag
08-11-2017, 02:58 PM
Greetings Friends:

I am about to push a very expensive button which will take the Lovely Mrs. '75 and me to NYC to meet up with Little '75 and her husband to watch GU @ MSG vs. Nova on December 5. But before I push that every expensive button, do any of you have any reason to suggest that GU will not be playing Nova @ MSG on December 5?

Thanks for any information you can offer. I realize that things change and I am OK with change so long as I don't have to blow a few thousand dollars as part of that change.

Go Bulldogs!

MDABE80
08-11-2017, 06:01 PM
I'd call the ADs office on Monday.

gonzagafan62
08-11-2017, 06:46 PM
I'd call the ADs office on Monday.

Yup I'd go with this

Zagceo
08-11-2017, 08:26 PM
Looks like it's a go

tickets (https://www.stubhub.com/jimmy-v-classic-tickets-jimmy-v-classic-new-york-madison-square-garden-12-5-2017/event/103117760/?sort=price+asc)

cbbfanatic
08-12-2017, 05:02 AM
Why wouldnt it happen?

TravelinZag
08-12-2017, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=75Zag;1327743]Greetings Friends:

I am about to push a very expensive button which will take the Lovely Mrs. '75 and me to NYC to meet up with Little '75 and her husband to watch GU @ MSG vs. Nova on December 5. But before I push that every expensive button, do any of you have any reason to suggest that GU will not be playing Nova @ MSG on December 5?

Thanks for any information you can offer. I realize that things change and I am OK with change so long as I don't have to blow a few thousand dollars as part of that change.

Go Bulldogs! [QUOTE+75Zag;1327743]

Jimmy V Classic vs Nova confirmed; December 5 at 7:00 p.m. First game of a double header.

In process of pushing my own expensive button; reside on the east coast, and have flights, hotel and tickets to first two rounds of PK80. Believe Zags will beat Ohio State under a new coach, but their second game will be in the same session regardless. Final a bit more problematic. Florida will be a battle. Bought so-so (end line) tickets for the championship session, and hope to upgrade. BUT, should I hedge my chance to see all 3 Zag games by purchasing 3rd-place game. No great seats left. Would hope to trade the tickets I don't need since my enthusiasm is cool about watching a double-header the Zags are not participating even though the games should be great.

Thus, what is your counsel about tickets for the 3rd place game? Do you know how trades will happen at PK80? Any suggestions on upgrading PK80 tickets? Thanks for your help. Hope to see you in Portland and NYC.

amaronizag
08-12-2017, 12:31 PM
When I last looked (about two weeks ago) to see how ticket sales were going for PK80, most games were sold out and there were only a handful of tickets left at the Moda for ANY games. I would guess they are totally sold out for all games by now. The championship games for both brackets will be played at the Moda on Sunday night. There will be one morning game and one afternoon game at each venue on Sunday. The times haven't been announced so there is a question as to whether the games will be played concurrently or separated by a few minutes so all session ticket holders can see both games in the morning and both games in the afternoon. The answer to that question will dictate how many tickets are available for the 3rd place game in the GU bracket. If all session ticket holders can't see both games, then there should be lots of tickets available. If they can see both games, there will be few tickets available.

Sarenyon
08-13-2017, 04:26 AM
From what I can tell, the tickets that Zagco was pointing to are from StubHub. No official tickets are for sale as of yet. The game is not showing on the Madison Square Garden page yet either. ESPN still shows last years games on their events page.
We are looking at going as well this year, as I am in Carlisle PA for the year and it will be a great trip for the family to NYC as well.

jazzdelmar
08-13-2017, 04:59 AM
From what I can tell, the tickets that Zagco was pointing to are from StubHub. No official tickets are for sale as of yet. The game is not showing on the Madison Square Garden page yet either. ESPN still shows last years games on their events page.
We are looking at going as well this year, as I am in Carlisle PA for the year and it will be a great trip for the family to NYC as well.

The fortnight before Xmas is among the three best times to visit the Apple (the others are the week after Easter and NYC Marathon weekend), weatherwise and spiritwise. Stay in midtown, east side; plenty of nice 3-4 star hotels and MSG is walkable.

Martin Centre Mad Man
08-13-2017, 05:37 AM

I hope the box office tickets are cheaper than Stub Hub. Ouch.

bartruff1
08-13-2017, 06:15 AM
" Start spreading the news......" :)

SeaTown Zag
09-12-2017, 11:15 AM
I hope the box office tickets are cheaper than Stub Hub. Ouch.

Making the trip from Seattle to NYC for the Jimmy V myself, and the Jimmy V website showed the ticket prices from last year's Duke v Florida/Purdue v Arizona State and they ranged from $15 in the upper bowl, to $400 court side. The stubhub link is showing upper bowl seats as $200+ so I think it is a safe assumption that they will definitely go down once officially released to the box office. The website mentioned 2017 tix will go on sale in the Fall, so if you need my I will be refreshing the webpage until they officially go on sale

http://espnevents.com/jimmy-v-classic/tickets/

ZagMan in Philly
09-12-2017, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the info Seatown.

jazzdelmar
09-12-2017, 12:58 PM
Will be hottest CBB ticket in years at the Garden with three Big East originals with huge Big Apple alumni bases and a FF runner up. Likely hotter than the Nike clambake and the venue is in the world media center.

TravelinZag
09-13-2017, 10:40 AM
Agree, Jazz! Travel time campus to MSG is under two hours for two of the schools, and less than four hours for Syracuse. Plus, got to be many NYC residents who are fans of each of these programs. Don't expect to match my good fortune of sitting 4 rows behind the Gonzaga bench for the pre-season NIT a couple of years ago, but am optimistic about getting good 100 level seats. As we get closer, hope Spokane fans will post time and places for Zag fan gatherings.

For those going who want to take in some Broadway shows, get on it soon. Some already have limited seats. See you there!

Go Zags! Another exciting season with many mysteries is coming soon.