• Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Dear WCC coaches

Please vote SMC or BYU first.

Much obliged.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • zaguarxj
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

There's a good chance of that happening this year with the Zags losing so much experience and SMC returning so much. But what really matters is the standings at the end of the season and I think the Zags will win the WCC regular season again. I don't see SMC being much better this year than last and GU's young studs will progress as the season goes on.

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I don't think BYU has a chance in hell................o
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Zagdawg
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Hope they do--- Bulletin board material for the guys-- I like a chip on the shoulder more than a target on the back.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by zaguarxj View Post
          There's a good chance of that happening this year with the Zags losing so much experience and SMC returning so much. But what really matters is the standings at the end of the season and I think the Zags will win the WCC regular season again. I don't see SMC being much better this year than last and GU's young studs will progress as the season goes on.
          Yeah exactly. Although, I do feel it's annoying that people still pick SMC over GU when in the last 19 years SMC has only won conference regular season 3 times. Yup. 3. And you know what? They shared 2 of those 3 with Gonzaga. So they won it outright ONE TIME. Let me repeat that. ONCE!

So go ahead reporters..... pick SMC. It will probably fail, like it has most of the last 20 years lol
          Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

I'm with you. Based on what I saw in Spokane (an admittedly small sample), everyone on this year's roster are basketball players with a level of athleticism that outstrips every Zag team over the past 20 years. I may be exaggerating, but I feel very good about this team.

Comment

• johno
              Kennel Club
              • Feb 2008

Any scuttlebutt on new players BZ?

Comment

• hooter73
                Zag for Life
                • Jun 2008

Meh, SMC was only where they were in national rankings through attrition at the end of last year and the same goes for the preseason. So yeah, go ahead and vote em wherever, but the truth is in the lack of travel time or a real schedule.

Comment

• john montana
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

SMC will be highly ranked all year. They won't play anyone so they will have a gaudy record and will climb the rankings while others lose. Plus, they are pretty good anyway. I bet they are preseason number 1 in the wcc.
                  john montana
                  http://carponthefly.blogspot.com/

Comment

• bartruff1
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2010

I would vote for the Gaels....they have 5 of their top 7 back ....I have seen Naar and Calvin, Fitzer, Hunter and Lansdale play...they have a 7' frosh .....they are consistently ranked in the early top 25 ....

Gonzaga lost a lot and has a lot to prove....those tests will come fairly early and the team.... like most of Mark's teams.... will improve throughout the season.

Comment

• Ezag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Dear WCC teams #4-10, please step up your game. You are really embarrassing year after year.

Comment

• 75Zag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

How wonderful would it be if all WCC coaches could express their true opinions without running those opinions past the Sports Information Officer of their school? Few is the only coach in the WCC that I know of who is not controlled by his school, and even then I respect the fact that coach Few realizes that sometimes it is better to be discrete than to be bold.

Go Bulldogs!
                        Do not go gentle into that good night,
                        Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
                        Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• jpn17
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Dec 2011

I don't know. It's easy to forget, but last year was supposed to be Saint Mary's year with them having damn near everyone back and GU having a ton of question marks and GU was still voted #1 in the preseason coaches poll.

GU has a ton of question marks again this year, but the guys they have coming are are pretty good and I'm sure the coaches know that. Saint Mary's, while again returning quite a bit, loses more than they did going into last year. It will probably be close, but I kind of expect Gonzaga to be picked first again.

Comment

• BobZag
                            Dark Lord of the Zag
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by johno View Post
                            Any scuttlebutt on new players BZ?
                            Arnold Ziffel. He gets his way inside and eats up space in the key.
                            The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• amaronizag
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Jul 2013

Arnold Ziffel..........I thought they ate him on the season finale???

Comment

Working...
                              X