PDA

View Full Version : New Scoreboards

Norwester
08-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Gonzaga Athletics Announces Videoboard Upgrades
Project funded entirely through benefaction

SPOKANE, Wash. ó Gonzaga Athletics recently began a game-changing project in its facilities, adding and upgrading videoboards at its soccer, volleyball, baseball and basketball venues.

The new boards, funded entirely through the generous benefaction of Gonzaga Athletics donors, will increase fan engagement and overall game atmosphere. The project, manufactured and installed by Daktronics, will add new videoboards to Luger Field (soccer) and Patterson Baseball Complex/Washington Trust Field (baseball), and upgrade existing videoboards inside the Martin Centre (volleyball). Inside the McCarthey Athletic Center, GU will replace endwall videoboards with upgraded and larger screens, while adding a four-sided centerhung and new sound system.

The videoboards will feature intro videos, starting lineups, score/stat information, instant replay, animations and graphics, interactive elements and sponsor content. The project keeps Gonzaga on the cutting edge of college athletics and will continue to draw fans into the excitement of the action.

In the first phase of the project, Daktronics began installation on Aug. 4 of a new videoboard and scoreboard at Luger Field, home of the Gonzaga menís and womenís soccer programs. The 24-foot by 12-foot upgrade replaces the existing scoreboard in the northwest corner of the field with video elements surrounded by score, time and statistical information.

The volleyball programís home venue, the Martin Centre, will get an upgrade on both endwalls with new scoreboards, including a 12-foot by 9-foot videoboard on the east wall. The videoboard replaces an existing screen with expanded capabilities for delivering high-quality content. As the second phase of the project after soccerís addition, the Martin Centre upgrades will be finished ahead of the teamís first home matches in late August.

Daktronics will then begin work on the McCarthey Athletic Center with a new centerhung videoboard that features 21-foot by 13-foot rectangle screens facing the sidelines, 12.5-foot by 12.5-foot squares facing the baselines and a pair of 36-foot by 12-foot endwall boards that replace the existing video screens and accompanying stat panels. The centerhung board will also feature a full circular ring underneath that has a circumference of 64 feet.

The final phase of the project will replace the existing scoreboard at the Patterson Baseball Complex and Washington Trust Field. The new screen will be an all-encompassing stat panel, scoreboard and videoboard that measures 36 feet wide and 12 feet high.

77Zag
08-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Great news for sure -- i didn't mind the old ones at all. Perhaps we can help out the WCC and send our old ones to the Orleans?

Go Zags!

509er
08-07-2017, 03:00 PM
This was way overdue. 1st class program and facilities with a video screen that looked like the TV at my 85 year old dads house. Kudos for doing it all with donations.

Section 116
08-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Love all the scoreboard upgrades, but particularly the center hung video board at the MAC. Yet another indication of a first class program. Kudos to the donors!

kitzbuel
08-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Great news for sure -- i didn't mind the old ones at all. Perhaps we can help out the WCC and send our old ones to the Orleans?

Go Zags!And leave the GU graphics on it since it is our other home court.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

thebigsmoove
08-08-2017, 04:09 AM
And leave the GU graphics on it since it is our other home court.

:roll:

77Zag
08-08-2017, 06:48 AM
And leave the GU graphics on it since it is our other home court.

So true -- well played

Zagceo
08-08-2017, 07:23 AM
another item checked off the Few list......

Zaglaw
08-08-2017, 10:09 AM
This was way overdue. 1st class program and facilities with a video screen that looked like the TV at my 85 year old dads house. Kudos for doing it all with donations.

Even so, they were way better than the other WCC schools . . .

gozagswoohoo
08-08-2017, 12:05 PM
I hate that Pacific still uses this as their scoreboard---

http://i.imgur.com/gO9s1I9.jpg

You can barely read it.

sittingon50
08-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Whoa! Looks like Francis has been cookin' the books!

kitzbuel
08-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Whoa! Looks like Francis has been cookin' the books!

No, GU has 102.

VaBeachZAG
08-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Love all the scoreboard upgrades, but particularly the center hung video board at the MAC. Yet another indication of a first class program. Kudos to the donors!

Now, if only they would put a fixed camera on top of one of the corner boxes to give a wide angle view of the kennel club in action. Just boggles the mind that wide angle views of the kennel club are almost never shown, thus denying tv viewers a full sense of the electric atmosphere in the kennel. Also, how about dialing back the noise filters a bit to allow more of the crowd noise, and little less of Heister's voice, to come through the tv?

DixieZag
08-08-2017, 07:59 PM
Now, if only they would put a fixed camera on top of one of the corner boxes to give a wide angle view of the kennel club in action. Just boggles the mind that wide angle views of the kennel club are almost never shown, thus denying tv viewers a full sense of the electric atmosphere in the kennel. Also, how about dialing back the noise filters a bit to allow more of the crowd noise, and little less of Heister's voice, to come through the tv?

wow. Good point. Hadn't thought of that at all.

Always glad to get a bigger TV

Zagger
08-09-2017, 03:32 AM
Sounds spiffy. Should be fun when the camera roams the crowd for noise pickers during breaks in the game :)

509er
08-09-2017, 04:54 AM
Even so, they were way better than the other WCC schools . . .

I don't think GU considers the WCC schools the true competition.

U Zig, I Zag
08-10-2017, 07:04 AM
Anyone know Roth personally?...

I am wondering what they are doing with any of the existing scoreboards, etc. I am on a project that could use one. Local HS's have secured the older college scoreboards in the past (EWU foot ball went to Chewelah HS, for instance).

PM me if you have any insight on this project for GU. THanks.

Zagdawg
08-29-2017, 12:45 PM
http://www.daktronics.com/news/Pages/Gonzaga-University-Brings-WOW-With-Daktronics-Displays.aspx

gonzagafan62
08-29-2017, 02:30 PM
I don't think GU considers the WCC schools the true competition.

Bingo. We have a winner!!!!!! Our competition is anyone of a power 5 conference. Slowly but surely we have started to climb closer and closer. Not everything is power 5 (or 6) but we have been trending upward for well over a decade.

The rest of the WCC has been left behind long long ago.

TexasZagFan
08-30-2017, 04:05 AM
Bingo. We have a winner!!!!!! Our competition is anyone of a power 5 conference. Slowly but surely we have started to climb closer and closer. Not everything is power 5 (or 6) but we have been trending upward for well over a decade.

The rest of the WCC has been left behind long long ago.

True, but sad. Half the schools in the WCC mail it in, content to cash the checks from the NCAA tournament.

webspinnre
08-30-2017, 07:18 AM
http://www.daktronics.com/news/Pages/Gonzaga-University-Brings-WOW-With-Daktronics-Displays.aspx

Sweet. Love that volleyball, soccer and baseball are also getting upgrades.