PDA

View Full Version : 2020 - Dominick Harris - Verbal Commit

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Russell Bevan
05-10-2018, 11:02 AM
I stopped participating On this board several years ago because I was disappointed at how many people here criticized 16 to 22-year-old young men so harshly. I realize that this type of criticism happens on virtually every schools bulletin boards, it goes hand-in-hand with expectations and a history of excellence. Almumni, fans and bandwagon jumpers have incredibly high expectations even though they have very little skin in the game other than their attachment to Gonzaga University and the team. It might be fun to list how many dollars every poster has donated instead of how many posts they’ve actually made.

As a winemaker, every year I have my wines reviewed by Robert Parker in the Wine Advocate and others, regardless of a long string of hundred points scores in multiple vintages, I still can’t help but read posts written by novices that criticize my wines on public message boards. As I grow the grapes, make the wines, put the final blends together and finally bottle the wines I take everyone of them very personally. If somebody doesn’t care for the wine it is either their lack of pallet or they did not appreciate the decisions I made somewhere along the way. Even though I realize many of these people probably live in their mothers basement and wear Spiderman underwear and only occasionally if Ever have a date, I still feel the sting.

I can only imagine what it would be like to be a 16-year-old and have somebody who never achieved any form of athletic excellence criticizing my jumpshot, my crossover dribble or how I approach the game. Sure we all have the right to criticize and voice are opinions and show off our basketball IQ’s, but, we can still show the class that Gonzaga tried to instill in us while doing so. The young ladies and men who compete on all of our teams dedicate such a huge part of their life and college experience to represent our beloved school, I would hope that even when we are criticizing them we could show them the respect that they so deeply deserve.

caldwellzag
05-10-2018, 11:05 AM
I stopped participating On this board several years ago because I was disappointed at how many people here criticized 16 to 22-year-old young men so harshly. I realize that this type of criticism happens on virtually every schools bulletin boards, it goes hand-in-hand with expectations and a history of excellence. Almumni, fans and bandwagon jumpers have incredibly high expectations even though they have very little skin in the game other than their attachment to Gonzaga University and the team. It might be fun to list how many dollars every poster has donated instead of how many posts they’ve actually made.

As a winemaker, every year I have my wines reviewed by Robert Parker in the Wine Advocate and others, regardless of a long string of hundred points scores in multiple vintages, I still can’t help but read posts written by novices that criticize my wines on public message boards. As I grow the grapes, make the wines, put the final blends together and finally bottle the wines I take everyone of them very personally. If somebody doesn’t care for the wine it is either their lack of pallet or they did not appreciate the decisions I made somewhere along the way. Even though I realize many of these people probably live in their mothers basement and wear Spiderman underwear and only occasionally if Ever have a date, I still feel the sting.

I can only imagine what it would be like to be a 16-year-old and have somebody who never achieved any form of athletic excellence criticizing my jumpshot, my crossover dribble or how I approach the game. Sure we all have the right to criticize and voice are opinions and show off our basketball IQ’s, but, we can still show the class that Gonzaga tried to instill in us while doing so. The young ladies and men who compete on all of our teams dedicate such a huge part of their life and college experience to represent our beloved school, I would hope that even when we are criticizing them we could show them the respect that they so deeply deserve.

I love this paragraph! So true of so many posters who are novices in any field!

CDC84
05-10-2018, 11:15 AM

Hope life is treating you well Russell.

I saw this the other night.....it made me think of you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZbfS23nSQk

MDABE80
05-10-2018, 11:19 AM
1. I wouldn't point fingers at each other. Just take heed.
2. Parents read this Board.

Honestly I didn't think we gave too much of a hard time to Brandon.......and surely not to Joe. If anything I thought it was a bit overblown to have a senior in HS calling or organizing a presser for his decision. When is the last time one of our recruits did that? As a result of the "Zag Material" thread, this was not given a favorable review. Nothing against Brandon though....surely nothing personal. So let's move on knowing some things are sensitive. Some common sense is highly regarding in my view.

Zagceo
05-10-2018, 11:24 AM
bump

EEzag
05-10-2018, 11:42 AM
bump

starting to see more high level players emphasizing the quick release over the high release point. I think it's an intentional trend. With the emphasis on giving shooters space the face high release almost seems to draw more hand-checks on the forearm. Just an observation.

This kid is awesome.

Enjoy the ride Dominick, you deserve everything you have earned, and there is much more to come.

webspinnre
05-10-2018, 11:48 AM
I've actually messaged with parents of players before on this board, so I know that they read the board.

It's an unfortunate reality of our modern society that people often speak much less politely in an online environment than they ever would in person. I don't have a problem with people expressing concerns with certain weaknesses in a player's game. Where I have a problem is when we get into discussions that touch on people's character without really knowing their motivations and intentions. You want to say that a player struggles shooting the three or turns the ball over too much or whatever? Fine. Where I draw the line is when we question a player's integrity, or their desire, or any number of other things. Ideally, everyone would consider whether they'd say the same things if they were speaking to others in a public setting in person. My suspicion is that in many cases the answer is no.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend that players or families read the boards, as there is a much larger percentage of fans on here that are negative than there are in the overall fan base, and it can give a very skewed perspective.

JPtheBeasta
05-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Dominick Harris: The ambience at the Kennel is always great and his scoring and athleticism is something to go back for again and again but his fried rice was just “meh.”

Zagceo
05-10-2018, 12:08 PM
starting to see more high level players emphasizing the quick release over the high release point. I think it's an intentional trend. With the emphasis on giving shooters space the face high release almost seems to draw more hand-checks on the forearm. Just an observation.

This kid is awesome.

Enjoy the ride Dominick, you deserve everything you have earned, and there is much more to come.

and maybe better range

EEzag
05-10-2018, 12:20 PM
The form and mechanics of the lower 'start-point' is also more compact, efficient, and repeatable. It will be interesting to see what, if any changes or evolutions his shot will undergo over the next two seasons.

Worthington
05-10-2018, 12:25 PM
His dad was referring to the predictions from some on the board that Dominick would end up being wooed away by a blue blood, correct? These comments seems to go a bit beyond questioning a player's skill to actually voicing skepticism about the quality of their character. I have seen this fear voiced about several committed players during my years on the board and I've never really understood it. Doesn't seem like the likely MO of a recruit who would commit to Gonzaga in the first place.

maynard g krebs
05-10-2018, 12:56 PM
starting to see more high level players emphasizing the quick release over the high release point. I think it's an intentional trend. With the emphasis on giving shooters space the face high release almost seems to draw more hand-checks on the forearm

Good point. You can get the shot off faster from in front of your face than from above your head; takes extra time to lift the ball over your head and the defender has more time to react. I shoot it from in front of my eyes from distance. To me it's like if you're sighting a rifle. Eyes lined up w/ the ball and the rim. And ideally, you want your offense to create some space for shooters anyway. A three with a hand in your face is something that should only be done by a fraction of elite shooters unless the clock is expiring.

Hooray4Daye&Gray
05-10-2018, 07:13 PM
I'm piped up that the Harris family is going to join the Gonzaga family in 2020.

I watch, but I’m gonna make this rare statement as a fan, and I won’t touch this topic again.

The reputation of GU Boards is not a representation of Zag Nation.

The majority of Zag Nation is 100% about positivity, perspective and support.

Coach Crazy
05-10-2018, 07:20 PM
I'm piped up that the Harris family is going to join the Gonzaga family in 2020.

I watch, but I’m gonna make this rare statement as a fan, and I won’t touch this topic again.

The reputation of GU Boards is not a representation of Zag Nation.

The majority of Zag Nation is 100% about positivity, perspective and support.

Who's not positive on Dominick Harris?

willandi
05-10-2018, 07:48 PM
That thread was closed. Let's leave it that way!

Zagdawg
05-30-2018, 05:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgk8pFfljfg&feature=youtu.be

zagsfanforlife
05-30-2018, 06:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgk8pFfljfg&feature=youtu.be

Might not be the best video to show... only saw #2 involved for about 5 plays-- 2 of them being the start of a turnover and fast break for the opposing team. Dangit and i could have been making eggs this morning instead

3XaZag
05-30-2018, 11:25 AM
I love seeing highlight videos of recruits and love it when they are posted...but not all of us follow this close enough to remember what each of our recruits look like...especially early on. Can we get an identification line included with highlight vids? Something like " # 20 in blue" or "# 3 in white".....I can usually figure it out, using info like who the highlights center around, or checking other threads and the recruiting sites for a picture. But even then, there are times where I am never really sure who our guy is on the videos.

My gratitude in advance for helping out those of us with foggy memories. Increasing age only makes it worse.

Coach Crazy
05-30-2018, 11:49 AM
Might not be the best video to show... only saw #2 involved for about 5 plays-- 2 of them being the start of a turnover and fast break for the opposing team. Dangit and i could have been making eggs this morning instead

Did you see his cross-over? The kid that he crossed over was seen with shoes on where his knees used to be, because they had to amputate his ankles and lower legs. Said it was worse than stepping on an IED in 'Nam.

EEzag
05-30-2018, 12:07 PM
Did you see his cross-over? The kid that he crossed over was seen with shoes on where his knees used to be, because they had to amputate his ankles and lower legs. Said it was worse than stepping on an IED in 'Nam.

Not a metaphor that I would have chose, 'specially so close to Memorial Day.

sittingon50
05-30-2018, 01:41 PM

And probably not amongst those of us drafted during that time.

That being said I'm sure there was no negative intent meant.

cggonzaga
05-30-2018, 05:30 PM

Or ever.

zagsfanforlife
06-09-2018, 03:38 PM
Working a tournament in cali... go inside the gym and see a real athletic kid go up for a dunk in traffic..he looks familiar.. its dominick harris!

zagsfanforlife
06-09-2018, 03:46 PM
Very good handles... he’s not taller than 6’3.. very quick, good defender. His new team is way better than his old squad. He is playing with the Mobley twins now who are legit nba prospects. He is going to be a very good one once he gets a little stronger which should come as his body develops. Attacks the rim fearlessly... . Really looking forward to following him the next couple years.

Zagdawg
06-09-2018, 05:26 PM
Thank you for sharing the first hand info!

EEzag
06-10-2018, 12:27 PM
Thank you for sharing the first hand info!

If his court iq matches his talent, he's going to be great. Wow. His step and body control is rare. Anyone know what height he's going to top out at?

Wow, just wow.

Zagdawg
06-10-2018, 02:54 PM
https://twitter.com/ELAELITE/status/1005923014632804352

jazzdelmar
06-10-2018, 03:18 PM
Now, that’s a prospect.

zagsfanforlife
06-10-2018, 09:28 PM
Now, that’s a prospect.

He is legit, guys. He shot 3 free throws and 1 three when i was watching.. 4 makes, 3 swishes. Very good ball handler.. could be a pg.. tried to dunk like 4 times.. he attacks the rim fearlessly. Remember he is just going into his junior year. I told his hs coach that i really liked his game.. he kind of chuckled and goes “and hes going to get a lot better”.

zaguarxj
06-11-2018, 08:11 AM
Can we get him to take summer classes and graduate a year early? j/k - it just seems like forever until we'll see him on campus and I'm excited to see what he can do.

CDC84
06-11-2018, 08:45 AM
I like how the clip ends with him taking a seat on the bench. A well deserved rest.

thespywhozaggedme
06-11-2018, 10:23 AM
Can we get him to take summer classes and graduate a year early? j/k - it just seems like forever until we'll see him on campus and I'm excited to see what he can do.

Doesn't Duke always get players to "reclassify"? How does that work exactly?

LongIslandZagFan
06-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Now, that’s a prospect.

Kind of implies you think others aren't. Hope I am wrong about that.

jazzdelmar
06-11-2018, 10:41 AM
Kind of implies you think others aren't. Hope I am wrong about that.

Always go with your first instinct.

LongIslandZagFan
06-11-2018, 11:46 AM
Always go with your first instinct.

And that is just sad.

scrooner
06-11-2018, 11:50 AM
And that is just sad.

+1

I am so over this garbage.

jazzdelmar
06-11-2018, 11:57 AM
And that is just sad.

Sez who? A bit presumptuous, ya think?

LongIslandZagFan
06-11-2018, 11:59 AM
Sez who? A bit presumptuous, ya think?

Not going to bother. Just another reason for me to stay away.

jazzdelmar
06-11-2018, 12:00 PM
Not going to bother. Just another reason for me to stay away.

I thought you retired from being the Defender of the Faith?

LongIslandZagFan
06-11-2018, 12:11 PM
Retired from this board in general. Occasionally read but not posting much... now less likely if at all in terms of both.

jazzdelmar
06-11-2018, 12:16 PM
Retired from this board in general. Occasionally read but not posting much... now less likely if at all in terms of both.

Too bad. You have lot to offer here.

doctorzag
06-11-2018, 12:26 PM
Now, that’s a prospect.

Why? Because he can dunk?

Malastein
06-11-2018, 12:40 PM
I agree that there’s unrealistic expectations often for the players recruited to Gonzaga, but they almost always fall short of the glowing praise they sometimes get before even playing 1 minute at Gonzaga. I root for all the players, but I also agree with Jazz in the sense that I don’t always share the blind optimism that each and every recruit is going to pan out as hoped.

Most importantly, Harris looks like potentially the best point guard prospect of the Few era!

cjm720
06-11-2018, 12:45 PM
Why? Because he can dunk?

Did you watch the video? That says it all...

jazzdelmar
06-11-2018, 12:47 PM
I agree that there’s unrealistic expectations often for the players recruited to Gonzaga, but they almost always fall short of the glowing praise they sometimes get before even playing 1 minute at Gonzaga. I root for all the players, but I also agree with Jazz in the sense that I don’t always share the blind optimism that each and every recruit is going to pan out as hoped.

Most importantly, Harris looks like potentially the best point guard prospect of the Few era!

Spot on, Mal.

roxdoc
06-11-2018, 01:54 PM
I took Jazz to mean now that's a PROSPECT vs now that's a prospect (which alas sometimes are only a project!)

jazzdelmar
06-11-2018, 02:26 PM
I took Jazz to mean now that's a PROSPECT vs now that's a prospect (which alas sometimes are only a project!)

Bingo.

doctorzag
06-11-2018, 02:59 PM

He's not a point guard.

raise the zag
06-11-2018, 03:03 PM
He's not a point guard.

He may be listed as a so-called "combo guard" by all the recruiting sites, yet he wants to play PG, and being recruited as a PG. fwiw

cggonzaga
06-11-2018, 05:06 PM
Yeah, he’s definitely a pg.

doctorzag
06-11-2018, 05:14 PM
He may be listed as a so-called "combo guard" by all the recruiting sites, yet he wants to play PG, and being recruited as a PG. fwiw

If he wants to be a point guard he better start getting his teammates involved and cut down on his turnovers because right now he's strictly a driver and shooter.

Markburn1
06-11-2018, 05:28 PM
If he wants to be a point guard he better start getting his teammates involved and cut down on his turnovers because right now he's strictly a driver and shooter.

I saw a fast break pass to a wing, a post pass and an alley oop just in that last video.

What did you see?

jazzdelmar
06-11-2018, 06:05 PM
A talismanic recruit, perceived warts by naysayers and all.

doctorzag
06-11-2018, 07:01 PM
uh-huh. you got some assist and turnover numbers to cite? links please.

Yeah I got some. 2.7 assists per game, 3.8 turnovers per game . As per Maxpreps. Point guard of the future?? He's got lots of room for improvement.

zagsfanforlife
06-11-2018, 07:08 PM
Yeah I got some. 2.7 assists per game, 3.8 turnovers per game . As per Maxpreps. Point guard of the future?? He's got lots of room for improvement.

This is purely looking at stats and not looking at context

1) He was a soph... he has two years to go
2) he played for a terrible team where he was a one man show having to do everything... of course he won't have a good assist to turnover ratio
3) he is now playing for a team with 3 other D1 prospects... he is already being asked to play PG for them... his numbers will dramatically rise for you in terms of a:t ratio
4) He has very good quickness and ball handling skills.... he will turn into a pg if thats what few wants of him.

cggonzaga
06-11-2018, 07:27 PM
This is purely looking at stats and not looking at context

1) He was a soph... he has two years to go
2) he played for a terrible team where he was a one man show having to do everything... of course he won't have a good assist to turnover ratio
3) he is now playing for a team with 3 other D1 prospects... he is already being asked to play PG for them... his numbers will dramatically rise for you in terms of a:t ratio
4) He has very good quickness and ball handling skills.... he will turn into a pg if thats what few wants of him.

Yeah he’s a pg plain and simple. Just watch him play. Quoting unofficial high school stats outside of ppg is lazy.

White lightning
06-11-2018, 07:34 PM
I believe if James and Curry were sophmores and commited to the Zags several followers would have problems with how they played and not good enough!!! Makes me laugh how a kid is good enough for the coaching staff but not to the expert fanatic.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ZagaholicPodcast
06-12-2018, 09:48 AM
Quoting HS stats is a much riskier game. There is so much more context to reconcile, in order to get an accurate picture. He's not a true PG. But it's not because he's not capable. He's being developed into a next-gen combo guard. He won't get the physicality of a Russell Westbrook before college, as I just don't think he'll be done growing and developing physically, but please understand that this is the type of player he has the opportunity to become. Dominic Harris will change the way Gonzaga fans view acceptable guard recruits.

EEzag
06-12-2018, 11:46 AM
Quoting HS stats is a much riskier game. There is so much more context to reconcile, in order to get an accurate picture. He's not a true PG. But it's not because he's not capable. He's being developed into a next-gen combo guard. He won't get the physicality of a Russell Westbrook before college, as I just don't think he'll be done growing and developing physically, but please understand that this is the type of player he has the opportunity to become. Dominic Harris will change the way Gonzaga fans view acceptable guard recruits.

Take this one step further..... Harris is turning into what the DD offense needs. Conventional point guards are becoming yesterday's game. If the image one has of the dribble drive guard is a game manager that is always looking for the assist..... you are going to not like what you see. The new guards have to be able to shoot and beat their man off the dribble. If you talk to a real Dribble Drive coach, they don't even categorize positions traditionally. No more traditional PG, SG, SF, PF, C in the context of DD. All players have to be multi-tool guys and athletic because this offense THRIVES on putting pressure on defenses, namely by exploiting mismatches on the perimeter. Does the players have to be able to pass.....absolutely....but in the DD he HAS to get by his guy first WITHOUT a screen. This forces a defensive rotation and the DD goes into action. Harris might not be the 2nd coming of John Wall or D-Rose, but he's about perfect for this system. What Harris is not going to do is raise up his hand, call out the offense, dribble around a bunch and deliver a great post entry. What he is going to do is get the ball up the court push a secondary UNC type of break, or see which side the follower on the O is setting up on the perimeter and drive to the hoop. It's fast, it's fun, it's successful (in todays game and foul calls tendency), and it keeps pressure on the other team, all game long.
Oh, and you better be able to hit your free throws.

webspinnre
06-12-2018, 11:54 AM
Sounds like what NWG did for us, to an extent. Sign me up.

MDABE80
06-12-2018, 12:30 PM
A bigger version Web. With good shooting. Dom seems to be a "do everything well" type of kid. He's going to flourish here.

kitzbuel
06-12-2018, 03:00 PM
Take this one step further..... Harris is turning into what the DD offense needs. Conventional point guards are becoming yesterday's game. If the image one has of the dribble drive guard is a game manager that is always looking for the assist..... you are going to not like what you see. The new guards have to be able to shoot and beat their man off the dribble. If you talk to a real Dribble Drive coach, they don't even categorize positions traditionally. No more traditional PG, SG, SF, PF, C in the context of DD. All players have to be multi-tool guys and athletic because this offense THRIVES on putting pressure on defenses, namely by exploiting mismatches on the perimeter. Does the players have to be able to pass.....absolutely....but in the DD he HAS to get by his guy first WITHOUT a screen. This forces a defensive rotation and the DD goes into action. Harris might not be the 2nd coming of John Wall or D-Rose, but he's about perfect for this system. What Harris is not going to do is raise up his hand, call out the offense, dribble around a bunch and deliver a great post entry. What he is going to do is get the ball up the court push a secondary UNC type of break, or see which side the follower on the O is setting up on the perimeter and drive to the hoop. It's fast, it's fun, it's successful (in todays game and foul calls tendency), and it keeps pressure on the other team, all game long.
Oh, and you better be able to hit your free throws.I guess I am not clear on the difference between dribble drive offense and motion offense after your post. The motion, especially the flex run by Few, seems to do the same things you mention; work to create mismatchs, de-emphasize specific positions, exploit the perimeter.

Few likes smart, ball-handling guards to be his 'coach on the floor'. I think that will always be a feature of his.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

EEzag
06-12-2018, 09:02 PM
I guess I am not clear on the difference between dribble drive offense and motion offense after your post. The motion, especially the flex run by Few, seems to do the same things you mention; work to create mismatchs, de-emphasize specific positions, exploit the perimeter.

Few likes smart, ball-handling guards to be his 'coach on the floor'. I think that will always be a feature of his.

Yeah I'm probably not doing the dribble drive a lot of credit. The motion flex does a lot of similliar things but focuses more on post play and ball screens but there are a lot of similarities. And I don't mean to imply that the guards are not still coaches on the floor....they just have to be good at different things.

bballbeachbum
06-13-2018, 06:42 AM
one thing I've noticed is a strong M2M D with rim protectors, something like the Zags did year before last, and what FSU does, can really blunt the DD game. The dribbler really needs to be able to finish, whether floaters or at the rim or pullups or whatever, has to be able to finish in the lane

titopoet
06-13-2018, 07:37 AM
I guess I am not clear on the difference between dribble drive offense and motion offense after your post. The motion, especially the flex run by Few, seems to do the same things you mention; work to create mismatchs, de-emphasize specific positions, exploit the perimeter.

Few hardly runs the flex anymore and hasn't really in the last 8 to 10 years (maybe less than 10% of the time). He runs his ball screen motion offense that has a lot of read and react built in. It allows for multiple two man games within each set (very needed skill in today's NBA which a simple DD motion offense can't as the screen is hardly used). Few ran it through Kelly O having Kelly O and E Harris actually in a two man game. It requires a lot of reads by the motion guy and tight screens forcing defenders to go under.

caldwellzag
06-15-2018, 11:15 AM
This kid will be special and the whole staff knows it.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1007701361478328320

cggonzaga
06-23-2018, 09:35 PM
Not in ESPN top 60. Exactly why I don’t respect their rankings. Harris is easily top 50.

Bogozags
06-24-2018, 07:50 AM
Outside of Villanova, how many other non-P5 schools have had lotto/1st round picks in the last seven years?

Zagceo
06-24-2018, 07:54 AM
Outside of Villanova, how many other non-P5 schools have had lotto/1st round picks in the last seven years?

Boise State
Wichita State

Bogozags
06-24-2018, 10:12 AM
Boise State
Wichita State

Wow! That's all...and BSU had the one in this years draft...and only one of our three 1st round picks was a 5* recruit...think we're doing well and we could have two-three more after this season...

bdmiller7
06-24-2018, 10:51 AM
Boise State
Wichita State

Boise and Wichita were this year. In the last seven years there is also Creighton, Providence, Marquette, Saint Joe's, NMSU, Murray St, UNLV, Wyoming, Georgia St, Louisianna-Laffayette, UCONN, Georgetown, Lehigh, New Mexico, Weber St, St. John's, and St. Boneventure.

thespywhozaggedme
06-24-2018, 11:36 AM

Tons

2012:

#6 Damian Lilliard Weber State
#8 Andre Drummond UConn
#10 Jeremy Lamb UConn
#17 Andrew Nicholson St. Bonnies

2013:

#1 Anthony Bennett UNLV
#10 CJ McCollum Lehigh
#12 Kelly O Zags
#19 Tony Snell New Mexico

2014:

#10 Elfrid Payton Louisiana Lafayette
#11 Dougie McBuckets Creighton
#25 Shabaz napier UConn

2015:

#14 Cameron Payne Murray State
#17 Rashad Vaughn UNLV
#27 Larry Nance Jr. Wyoming
#28 RJ Hunter Georgia State

2016:

#5 Khris Dunn Providence
#11 Sabonis Zags
#18 Henry Ellenson Marquette
#21 Deandre Bembry St. Joes
#27 Pascal Siakim New Mexico State

2017:

#10 Zach Zags
#16 Justin Patton Creighton

2018:

#22 Chandler Hutchison Boise State
#26 Landry Shamet Wichita State
#28 Jacob Evans Cinci

I didn't count Nova as you requested.

http://stats.nba.com/draft/history/?Season=2018

Mantua
06-24-2018, 02:54 PM
Tons

2012:

#8 Andre Drummond UConn
#10 Jeremy Lamb UConn

2013:

#1 Anthony Bennett UNLV
#10 CJ McCollum Lehigh
#12 Kelly O Zags

2014:

#25 Shabaz napier UConn

2015:

#17 Rashad Vaughn UNLV

2016:

#5 Khris Dunn Providence
#11 Sabonis Zags

2017:

#10 Zach Zags

2018:

#28 Jacob Evans Cinci

UConn and GU tie at 12% of this list.

jazzdelmar
06-24-2018, 04:03 PM
UConn and GU tie at 12% of this list.

UConn hardly non power 5 in terms of their dna.

GoZags
06-24-2018, 06:00 PM
By my count, here are the 6 schools with multiple lottery picks over the last 3 drafts ('16/'17/'18). And here's a side question .... which of the 6 is "unlike" the others? (multiple answers to this question).

Duke
Kentucky
Michigan State
Arizona
Gonzaga
Washington

kitzbuel
06-24-2018, 06:09 PM
By my count, here are the 6 schools with multiple lottery picks over the last 3 drafts ('16/'17/'18). And here's a side question .... which of the 6 is "unlike" the others? (multiple answers to this question).

Duke
Kentucky
Michigan State
Arizona
Gonzaga
Washington
They all routinely get to the NCAA tournament.... oh, wait...

soccerdud
06-24-2018, 06:16 PM

Duke
Kentucky
Michigan State
Arizona
Gonzaga
Washington

interesting to me that 3/6 are western teams. would not have guessed that without trying to count.

cggonzaga
06-24-2018, 07:42 PM
I know I’m guilty as well but we really can’t stay on topic can we?

GoZags
06-24-2018, 09:44 PM
I know I’m guilty as well but we really can’t stay on topic can we?

I imagine a 13 page thread that was started in
Mid 2017 about a 2020 kid “might” stray off topic every now and then. I’m
just glad it didn’t turn into a current player bashing session.

cggonzaga
06-24-2018, 10:36 PM
I imagine a 13 page thread that was started in
Mid 2017 about a 2020 kid “might” stray off topic every now and then. I’m
just glad it didn’t turn into a current player bashing session.

Ha true.

GonzagasaurusFlex
06-25-2018, 01:55 AM

:)

webspinnre
06-25-2018, 10:04 AM

:000tens: UW is going to need to visit their own medical center to get some treatment for that burn.

Bogozags
06-25-2018, 11:58 AM
Tons

2012:

#8 Andre Drummond UConn
#10 Jeremy Lamb UConn

2013:

#1 Anthony Bennett UNLV
#10 CJ McCollum Lehigh
#12 Kelly O Zags

2014:

#25 Shabaz napier UConn

2015:

#17 Rashad Vaughn UNLV

2016:

#5 Khris Dunn Providence
#11 Sabonis Zags

2017:

#10 Zach Zags

2018:

#28 Jacob Evans Cinci

THANKS SPY!

I forgot Kelly O was also a lotto pick...so outside of Villanove, we have had the most lotto picks

Bogozags
06-25-2018, 12:01 PM

Duke
Kentucky
Michigan State
Arizona
Gonzaga
Washington

I believe only one of those schools went to the FF during that time frame...

GoZags
06-25-2018, 01:58 PM
I believe only one of those schools went to the FF during that time frame...

Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding.

Winner (another one of the "multiple" answers to the question) .... along with UW's lack of tourney participation.

Bogozags
06-25-2018, 06:15 PM
Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding.

Winner (another one of the "multiple" answers to the question) .... along with UW's lack of tourney participation.

So, my public education wasn’t wasted after all ��

Zagdawg
06-29-2018, 05:32 AM
https://twitter.com/coach_sharris/status/1012650007260852231

SwaggyC®™

@SwaggyCDawg5
7h7 hours ago
More
@rchshoops 82, Rolling Hills Prep 60. Fairfax Summer Clsc. quarterfinal. @DominickHarri2 22p 8-11FG 7R 5A 5stl 3blk, @LukeTurner1313 19p 7-11FG (5 3ptrs) 6R 1stl 1A, @__bmoney35 14p 6-9FG 6stl 3A, @MobleyIsaiah 11p 11R 7blk 6A, & @J_montgomery2 8p (2-3 3ptrs) 6A 3R 2stl for RC.

1 reply 6 retweets 8 likes
Reply 1 Retweet 6 Like 8 Direct message

GonzagasaurusFlex
06-29-2018, 06:50 AM

SwaggyC®™

@SwaggyCDawg5
7h7 hours ago
More
@rchshoops 82, Rolling Hills Prep 60. Fairfax Summer Clsc. quarterfinal. @DominickHarri2 22p 8-11FG 7R 5A 5stl 3blk, @LukeTurner1313 19p 7-11FG (5 3ptrs) 6R 1stl 1A, @__bmoney35 14p 6-9FG 6stl 3A, @MobleyIsaiah 11p 11R 7blk 6A, & @J_montgomery2 8p (2-3 3ptrs) 6A 3R 2stl for RC.

Oh, my! Dominick Harris is getting stronger, jumping higher and dunking in traffic now. WOWSER. Reclassifying to finish HS in 3 years seems a viable option for him on the physically ready to play D1 hoops as a 17 year old front!

thespywhozaggedme
06-29-2018, 07:10 AM

SwaggyC®™

@SwaggyCDawg5
7h7 hours ago
More

What an impressive stat line!

Zagceo
06-29-2018, 07:39 AM
go DOM

The semifinals are set for Friday at the Fairfax tournament. Mater Dei will take on Rancho Christian at 6 p.m., followed by Sierra Canyon facing Taft at 7:30 p.m.

http://www.latimes.com/resizer/UxFr4MUm3F7o0u5MRDn-YC_05XU=/1400x0/www.trbimg.com/img-5b3627a0/turbine/la-lb-media-img_2897-20180629-053539/900

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-high-school-sports-updates-fairfax-summer-basketball-tournament-is-1527510002-htmlstory.html

Zagdawg
06-29-2018, 12:25 PM
https://twitter.com/DominickHarri2/status/1012788121623097344

thespywhozaggedme
06-29-2018, 12:36 PM

HOLY COW!!!

He's gonna wind up being our highest ranked recruit ever.

hooter73
06-29-2018, 01:00 PM
A couple nice shots in there. Smooth, crafty, good looks or whatever, but to punctuate with that dunk... hot d@mn!

cggonzaga
06-29-2018, 01:32 PM

So crafty with his footwork. John Stockton type stuff there. Can tell he’s a coach’s kid.

LocalNative
06-29-2018, 01:35 PM
Wowzers I just made a mess of my trousers!

zagsfanforlife
06-29-2018, 01:53 PM
I will not be in the least bit surprised when he turns out a 5* by the time he gets here.. yes i know GU seems to lose stars after signing but this kid seems just too good.

jazzdelmar
06-29-2018, 02:25 PM
Our own private McD AA?

Zagdawg
06-30-2018, 12:15 PM
@CoachJA7
1h1 hour ago
More
Replying to @DominickHarri2
Had A Chance To Watch @DominickHarri2 During The CBU Camp Special Talent With Exceptional Quickness & Explosiveness! Keep Working ������

Zagceo
06-30-2018, 12:24 PM
Rancho vs Taft 4:30 today for championship

thespywhozaggedme
06-30-2018, 01:18 PM
Our own private McD AA?

He's got a good shot

Zagdawg
06-30-2018, 04:44 PM
eric sondheimer

Verified account

@latsondheimer
6m6 minutes ago
More
Rancho Christian finishes third in Fairfax tourney with 82-71 win over Taft. Dominick Harris 21 points. Isaiah Mobley 17. Dom Winbush is a nice addition for Taft.

CDC84
07-03-2018, 01:21 PM
I predicted upon his graduation that Jeremy Pargo would be one of the GREAT ambassadors for Gonzaga basketball and the university itself. This is not the first photo I have seen with Jeremy and a future Zag (not sure what to make of those pants or shorts!):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dg6rwRjU0AEw2bO.jpg

Zags_Fanatic
07-03-2018, 04:00 PM
I predicted upon his graduation that Jeremy Pargo would be one of the GREAT ambassadors for Gonzaga basketball and the university itself. This is not the first photo I have seen with Jeremy and a future Zag (not sure what to make of those pants or shorts!):

Watching Dom's athleticism really reminds me of Pargo, what a great mentor for him to have in the process. Jeremy was so instrumental in Zach Norvell's recruitment as well, no chance he would be at Gonzaga without the Pargo connection.

kitzbuel
07-03-2018, 04:40 PM
I would recommend everyone reread this entire thread.There is plenty of room on the bandwagon!

cggonzaga
07-05-2018, 07:03 AM
https://twitter.com/hoopreview/status/1014742287484637189?s=21

CDC84
07-05-2018, 09:03 AM
Good to see that the National Prep Review is taking notice of him (and the McDonald's AA icon on their twitter account). I love how some poster says he's not a point guard, and then Dominick responds with "PG." Dominick's games keeps evolving as he plays around better and better players.

Zags_Fanatic
07-05-2018, 10:56 AM
Dom and his dad are putting on a masterclass in marketing. Getting it all out there and getting noticed by all of the key players while showing off his dedication and commitment. I honestly could see their work on social media pushing Harris up 20-30 spots in the recruiting rankings and placing him in McD's territory. Seriously impressed with everything they have done over the summer on and off the court.

jazzdelmar
07-05-2018, 12:09 PM
Dom and his dad are putting on a masterclass in marketing. Getting it all out there and getting noticed by all of the key players while showing off his dedication and commitment. I honestly could see their work on social media pushing Harris up 20-30 spots in the recruiting rankings and placing him in McD's territory. Seriously impressed with everything they have done over the summer on and off the court.

That’s the way it’s done these days. Great job, dad. The anti-Ball strategy, which is just blowhard.

cggonzaga
07-05-2018, 12:13 PM
honestly could see their work on social media pushing Harris up 20-30 spots in the recruiting rankings and placing him in McD's territory.

Well that and his play of course.

cggonzaga
07-08-2018, 04:06 PM

Clearly ain’t working so far. Not only is he not top 20 in class but he’s barely top 20 pg. Not sure what these “recruiting experts” are seeing or in this case not seeing. Kid is top 50 at absolute worst.

https://twitter.com/hoopreview/status/1015299352871354368?s=21

Zagsker
07-08-2018, 04:13 PM
... yes i know GU seems to lose stars after signing but this kid seems just too good.

Does this have statistical backing...or is it just a "no one respects us" feeling?

Zagdawg
07-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
2h2 hours ago
More
Gonzaga assistant Donny Daniels will be in NY this week to watch 2020 superstar-commit Dominick Harris, per source. Newest member of Rancho Christian’s powerhouse hoops squad.

jazzdelmar
07-09-2018, 03:05 AM
What’s going on in New York?

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
2h2 hours ago
More
Gonzaga assistant Donny Daniels will be in NY this week to watch 2020 superstar-commit Dominick Harris, per source. Newest member of Rancho Christian’s powerhouse hoops squad.

MileHigh
07-09-2018, 04:11 AM
What’s going on in New York?

big Adidas tourney
He plays with Dream Vision out of SoCal

CDC84
07-09-2018, 09:17 AM
A member of the staff seems to be at almost every big event that Dom Harris plays at. More so than most Gonzaga recruits. I know the family is 100% committed to GU despite Harris' move to Temecula, but it's almost as if the staff wants to send a message to other high major programs, "Hands off."

thespywhozaggedme
07-09-2018, 12:22 PM
Clearly ain’t working so far. Not only is he not top 20 in class but he’s barely top 20 pg. Not sure what these “recruiting experts” are seeing or in this case not seeing. Kid is top 50 at absolute worst.

https://twitter.com/hoopreview/status/1015299352871354368?s=21

He's currently a 4 star, #60 and 4th ranked combo guard in the entire country.

https://247sports.com/Player/Dominick-Harris-46048026

cggonzaga
07-09-2018, 12:39 PM
He's currently a 4 star, #60 and 4th ranked combo guard in the entire country.

https://247sports.com/Player/Dominick-Harris-46048026

Yet I linked an article from Rivals in which he’s ranked 94th overall and 20th pg.

60th is still too low and he’s a pg despite what some people think.

caldwellzag
07-09-2018, 12:57 PM
A member of the staff seems to be at almost every big event that Dom Harris plays at. More so than most Gonzaga recruits. I know the family is 100% committed to GU despite Harris' move to Temecula, but it's almost as if the staff wants to send a message to other high major programs, "Hands off."

I think it is two fold, one "hands off", but second his team is stacked and if we are in good with him what is that showing to his peers. I think you will see this trend of being at his events continue.

Zagdawg
07-14-2018, 06:57 AM
Gonzaga Guru

@GonzagaGuru
10h10 hours ago
More
Highlights of @DreamVisionBall 16U's 63-60 win today over @teamhardenaau featuring 21 points from Gonzaga commit Dominick Harris @DominickHarri2 & 16 points from 2020 Zags recruit Isaiah Cottrell @bigfella702

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjpj1RFfK8o&feature=youtu.be

thespywhozaggedme
07-14-2018, 08:00 AM
I think it is two fold, one "hands off", but second his team is stacked and if we are in good with him what is that showing to his peers. I think you will see this trend of being at his events continue.

That is an excellent point that I had not considered. If someone from the staff is at every single one of his games his other teammates are eventually going to immediately associate them with Gonzaga and we will at least be in their mind when it comes to recruiting

caldwellzag
07-14-2018, 09:15 AM
That is an excellent point that I had not considered. If someone from the staff is at every single one of his games his other teammates are eventually going to immediately associate them with Gonzaga and we will at least be in their mind when it comes to recruiting

Cottrell would be a nice addition to the class of 2020. With Harris in his ear and our staff at the games there could be a good chance of him following Harris. Of course I would love the Mobley brothers to come with Harris, but with there dad coaching at USC and the oldest committing there already doubt Evan will look anywhere but there.

jazzdelmar
07-14-2018, 10:05 AM
What if...the NBA eliminates its one and done rule in the next year or so?

Radbooks
07-14-2018, 10:26 AM

Not supposed to happen until 2021 or 2022

Zagceo
07-14-2018, 10:56 AM
looks like 2021 would be earliest

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-ready-to-change-one-and-done-rule-allow-players-to-enter-at-18-commissioner-adam-silver-says/

jazzdelmar
07-14-2018, 10:59 AM
looks like 2021 would be earliest

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-ready-to-change-one-and-done-rule-allow-players-to-enter-at-18-commissioner-adam-silver-says/

Whew....

caldwellzag
07-14-2018, 11:14 AM

I love Dom Harris and he has a ton of talent, but he and his family value education which was a big draw to Gonzaga, so he is showing up no matter what the NBA decides and when they decide it.

cggonzaga
07-14-2018, 12:28 PM
I love Dom Harris and he has a ton of talent, but he and his family value education which was a big draw to Gonzaga, so he is showing up no matter what the NBA decides and when they decide it.

Agreed. Also, generally only top 5-10 prospects consider the jump. People don’t realize how hard it is to make it in the league.

jazzdelmar
07-14-2018, 03:10 PM
Agreed. Also, generally only top 5-10 prospects consider the jump. People don’t realize how hard it is to make it in the league.

At most. But rational thinking is not universal.

cggonzaga
07-14-2018, 04:59 PM
At most. But rational thinking is not universal.

Very true.

Zagdawg
07-14-2018, 08:46 PM
Inside The Kennel

@InsideTheKennel
2h2 hours ago
More
Another set of games and another strong performance from @DominickHarri2. He dropped 23 in front of Donny Daniels in a 1 point loss

MileHigh
07-15-2018, 05:59 AM
Not to take anything away from the kid, but if he is a potential burger kid he really should not be playing 16U. Most top 25 type rising Juniors play 17U

cggonzaga
07-15-2018, 12:04 PM
Umm ok. Looks like he’s playing with his 5* high school teammates. Im sure you know way more about AAU but I don’t feel like that should matter a whole lot.

ZagsGoZags
07-15-2018, 03:04 PM
when the one and done rule is taken away,
and boys can go from high school into the NBA,
how will this affect GU ?

jazzdelmar
07-15-2018, 04:09 PM
when the one and done rule is taken away,
and boys can go from high school into the NBA,
how will this affect GU ?

Minimally I would think, since even with our elevation in the CBB food chain, we would maybe get a recruit once in 10 years who would rather opt for the NBA out of high school than enter GU. Still, it could happen and Harris might be that type of player.

West Side Lady
07-15-2018, 04:42 PM
Minimally I would think, since even with our elevation in the CBB food chain, we would maybe get a recruit once in 10 years who would rather opt for the NBA out of high school

I agree and think it could possibly help because of GU's reputation for player development. Seems more likely to hurt Duke, Kentucky etc.

ZagzKrak
07-15-2018, 04:51 PM
The Blue Bloods won't be getting the guys who go straight to the NBA but they will still get the top of what's left and the rest of us will fight it out for the rest.

MileHigh
07-15-2018, 05:38 PM
Umm ok. Looks like he’s playing with his 5* high school teammates. Im sure you know way more about AAU but I don’t feel like that should matter a whole lot.

It only matters if he is trying to get exposure so that he can play on the USA team, the top summer showcases, McDonalds game etc. To get ranked as a top 25 kid and to play in that type of stuff you usually need to go up against the best guys in your class and show the evaluators that you are as good or better. I know the top 2 pg's in 2020 class are playing 17U this summer

thebigsmoove
07-17-2018, 05:06 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/33kg3h5.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/2qcny2c.jpg

thespywhozaggedme
07-17-2018, 05:29 AM
I have absolutely no basis or fact to go on but for some reason I feel like he's going to be our first high school recruit to reclassify and surprise us as a 2019 recruit.

caldwellzag
07-17-2018, 06:37 AM
I have absolutely no basis or fact to go on but for some reason I feel like he's going to be our first high school recruit to reclassify and surprise us as a 2019 recruit.

Hmm never really thought of that, but he could. Only reason I think he might stay in 2020 is his high school team is loaded until 2020. Who knows and that would be cool if he did, as he will be a game changer for us.

cggonzaga
07-17-2018, 06:39 AM

I don’t like when players do this. Enjoy being a kid while you can. I don’t believe his family’s financial situation would require him to make the jump early.

thespywhozaggedme
07-17-2018, 07:04 AM
I don’t like when players do this. Enjoy being a kid while you can. I don’t believe his family’s financial situation would require him to make the jump early.

I agree, unfortunately it's what a lot of the top kids are doing these days. RJ Barrets dad is rich but he did it anyway

sonomajoe
07-17-2018, 07:13 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but what does it mean to reclassify? Thanks!

thespywhozaggedme
07-17-2018, 07:20 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what does it mean to reclassify? Thanks!

A lot of kids nowadays are jumping ahead a year by taking some extra classes and graduating a year earlier than they were scheduled to, I believe 6 of the top 10 kids this year did it, the latest being Charles Bassey, who was the #4 for 2019 but a few weeks ago reclassified to 2018.

jazzdelmar
07-17-2018, 07:23 AM

Maybe, if he's as old as Ravet.

sonomajoe
07-17-2018, 07:57 AM
A lot of kids nowadays are jumping ahead a year by taking some extra classes and graduating a year earlier than they were scheduled to, I believe 6 of the top 10 kids this year did it, the latest being Charles Bassey, who was the #4 for 2019 but a few weeks ago reclassified to 2018.

Thanks, Spy.

Bogozags
07-17-2018, 08:33 AM
Hypothetically of course, if the one-and-done policy is deleted would college kids be allowed to enter the draft after their first year or would they have to wait until after their second or third year?

Would changing that rule hurt or help the blue bloods (Duke, UNC UK, KU, MSU, UL, UCLA, etc.)? Would if have an effect on GU's recruiting? IF so how...

ZagaholicPodcast
07-17-2018, 08:47 AM

I hope not. He needs that extra year to develop, physically. His skill set is already there, but one more year of physical maturity makes a difference. Having said that, even if declares early, likely he is only here for one year.

thespywhozaggedme
07-17-2018, 09:09 AM
Thanks, Spy.

No problem

cggonzaga
07-17-2018, 09:44 AM
Maybe, if he's as old as Ravet.

Pretty much right in the middle of his grade.

sittingon50
07-17-2018, 09:47 AM
I don’t like when players do this. Enjoy being a kid while you can.

Agree 100% cgg. Be a kid while you can.

soccerdud
07-17-2018, 11:03 AM
Hypothetically of course, if the one-and-done policy is deleted would college kids be allowed to enter the draft after their first year or would they have to wait until after their second or third year?

Would changing that rule hurt or help the blue bloods (Duke, UNC UK, KU, MSU, UL, UCLA, etc.)? Would if have an effect on GU's recruiting? IF so how...

my guesses on those questions:

1) the one and done policy being removed will almost certainly result in freedom to join the NBA at any point after high school graduation. i can't see it being replaced by a baseball-like system which makes the players off-limits for any number of years after choosing to attend college. this works in baseball because: 1) it doesn't change the expected time to get to the big leagues for the vast majority of players and 2) there is a mature system in place for the development of prospects over multiple years. this would not be the case in basketball with the g-league -- or anything else they could put together in the near term. so, making a player choose between going to the NBA now and a minimum multi-year college commitment will force many kids into a g-league system that is nowhere near ready to be the primary grooming mechanism for NBA-track 18-20 year olds. this would decimate the college game-- at least in terms of pure/star talent-- while doing a huge disservice to any athlete who failed to make the jump to an NBA team.

2) i think it would bring the blueboods a little closer to the pack. basically, with the one-and-done rule gone, you'd be cutting off the peak talent entering the college game. everyone would get slightly worse recruits, generally, but the farther you are down the expected talent curve, the less it's likely to effect the actual talent on the team-- simply because there's a lot more very good players than there are transcendent ones. probably won't change where teams are relative to each other much in the recruiting landscape, but will shift everyone down and compress them.

thoughts?

CDC84
07-17-2018, 04:54 PM
I spoke to one major college basketball writer this morning about the eradication of the one and done. He said that he expects MORE kids to go preps to pros than ever before once the rule is junked. If this is the case, I would think what you say in #2 soccerdud could become more and more of a reality.

You also have to ask yourself, could Gonzaga and their ability to recruit elite international players who need a little bit of polishing before they go pro cause the Zags to move up on the totem pole?? I know guys like Coach K and Calipari have fooled around with international recruiting at times, but it's a different deal. Tommy has such a leg up. The international kids (who don't attend U.S. high schools) are not nearly as impressed by uniforms and blue blood traditions.

soccerdud
07-17-2018, 05:46 PM
I spoke to one major college basketball writer this morning about the eradication of the one and done. He said that he expects MORE kids to go preps to pros than ever before once the rule is junked. If this is the case, I would think what you say in #2 soccerdud could become more and more of a reality.

You also have to ask yourself, could Gonzaga and their ability to recruit elite international players who need a little bit of polishing before they go pro cause the Zags to move up on the totem pole?? I know guys like Coach K and Calipari have fooled around with international recruiting at times, but it's a different deal. Tommy has such a leg up. The international kids (who don't attend U.S. high schools) are not nearly as impressed by uniforms and blue blood traditions.

great point, cdc. i was thinking entirely domestic... but such a rule change won't affect international recruits directly. as long as we maintain our current place in international recruiting (tho we should expect increased investment internationally by the blue bloods in this scenario), the likely effect would be gonzaga moving UP relative to programs that primarily recruit domestically. i would have assumed this was a big *IF* as investment and attention increases... but i don't know international recruiting.

tommy lloyd is priceless now; imagine if fully 50%+ of the top incoming cbb freshman were international.

ZagaholicPodcast
07-17-2018, 08:49 PM
The League has also thought about the possibility of having its own Academy. Which would be a big part of the picture, if it happened. I would hope it would be an opportunity to weed out those that would not make it, while giving those who are ready, a more clear path. Then those that wash out or get advised to cut the process short could re-open their recruitment.

willandi
07-18-2018, 07:44 AM
Hypothetically of course, if the one-and-done policy is deleted would college kids be allowed to enter the draft after their first year or would they have to wait until after their second or third year?.

I have no knowledge, just an opinion, but the only reason the rule works for baseball is because the MLB goes along with it and it hasn't (to my knowledge) been challenged in court.

The NBA has shown that they really don't care about college, just protecting their own journeymen players. It probably would work much the same as it does now. The player can declare and withdraw before a certain point, but when they hire an agent, it's over.

I still would like the NCAA to require proof that attendance and GPA be current leading up to participation in MM. If a student athlete is not actively a student, they should not be allowed to play.

CDC84
07-19-2018, 10:04 AM
great point, cdc. i was thinking entirely domestic... but such a rule change won't affect international recruits directly. as long as we maintain our current place in international recruiting (tho we should expect increased investment internationally by the blue bloods in this scenario), the likely effect would be gonzaga moving UP relative to programs that primarily recruit domestically. i would have assumed this was a big *IF* as investment and attention increases... but i don't know international recruiting.

tommy lloyd is priceless now; imagine if fully 50%+ of the top incoming cbb freshman were international.

The Zags also have their reputation for being an elite destination for elite transfers. They have a big advantage with the grad transfers because the team makes the dance every season and almost always has a single digit seed. If you are a talented grad transfer, having a chance to make the dance is a big deal. It's likely more important than playing time. This was a big part of the reason why Byron Wesley chose GU. He knew he was dancing before he signed on the dotted line.

Zagdawg
07-20-2018, 10:07 AM
Shawn Harris,EdD Candidate

@coach_sharris
43m43 minutes ago
More
@DreamVisionBall 16u came out strong this morning 68 to 48 win over the Louisville Magic. 3 guys in double figures for DreamVision Gonzaga Commit @ZagMBB @DominickHarri2 dropped 21pts
@bigfella702 finished with 11pts & Isaiah Johnson finished with 10pts

Zagdawg
07-20-2018, 12:58 PM
https://247sports.com/college/gonzaga/Article/The-2020-Gonzaga-Commit-Has-Been-Great-This-Week-In-Los-Angeles-119963855/

Zagceo
07-24-2018, 02:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PrbI1Ok.png

https://twitter.com/ELAELITE/status/893537324981600256

wonder what happened to twitter account?

Zagdawg
07-24-2018, 07:23 PM
@coach_sharris

thespywhozaggedme
07-24-2018, 07:27 PM
wonder what happened to twitter account?

What does he mean by "I wouldn't overlook the future, I would invest"? Should we be concerned by that comment? It seems a little cryptic.

Zagdawg
07-24-2018, 07:59 PM
Comment from a year ago.

thespywhozaggedme
07-24-2018, 08:16 PM
Comment from a year ago.

Oh, well now I am really confused. Why did ZagCEO post a year-old tweet?

Zagdawg
07-24-2018, 08:21 PM
I think he might have been looking for the updated twitter account info.

Zagceo
07-24-2018, 09:24 PM
The twitter account has been suspended.

thespywhozaggedme
07-25-2018, 06:21 AM
The twitter account has been suspended.

Whoa....

jazzdelmar
07-25-2018, 06:42 AM
What's the concern here?

Zagdawg
07-25-2018, 06:58 AM
It looks like he switched to a new twitter account -- not a big deal.

thespywhozaggedme
07-25-2018, 07:25 AM
It looks like he switched to a new twitter account -- not a big deal.

Not being a twitterer, is that common?

Zagdawg
07-25-2018, 07:51 AM
Here is an example that is applicable -- posting a video that has multiple song clips playing in the background-- if the video gets enough views the twitter account can be suspended because of music copyright laws (even if the original clip content was legally purchased through Apple music etc).

Many of the social media options like Twitter and Facebook are providing more oversight with their content due to recent occurrences in the last 1-2 years.

thespywhozaggedme
07-25-2018, 07:53 AM
Here is an example that is applicable -- posting a video that has multiple song clips playing in the background-- if the video gets enough views the twitter account can be suspended because of music copyright laws (even if the original clip content was legally purchased through Apple music etc).

Many of the social media options like Twitter and Facebook are providing more oversight with their content due to recent occurrences in the last 1-2 years.

oh wow, interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

Zagdawg
07-25-2018, 08:04 PM

@coach_sharris
4m4 minutes ago
More
@DreamVisionBall 16 defeats Each1 Teach 1 score: 49 to 36 @ZagMBB Commit @DominickHarri2 had 12pts, @bigfella702 had 12pts, and Boubacar chipped in with 10pts

Earlier post about halftime score

Connor Quigley

@CoachQuigs
Follow Follow @CoachQuigs
More
At the half, @DreamVisionBall has lit it up from deep from start to finish - They lead @reale1t1 37-13 - Coaches from Gonzaga, UMass, Rutgers, FIU, Utah, LSU, USF, Texas Tech, and Washington are all sitting on this game @LasVegasFab48 #HoopMIA

Zagdawg
07-26-2018, 08:28 PM
AreaCodes Basketball

@areacodes
1h1 hour ago
More
Vegas Elite vs Dream Vision @LasVegasFab48 was a buzzer beater by @VegasEliteHoops Noah Taitz. Gonzaga commit Dominick Harris @DominickHarri2 led all scorers w/ 27 points for Dream Vision.

Zagdawg
07-26-2018, 09:22 PM
Gonzaga Guru

@GonzagaGuru
15m15 minutes ago
Dominick Harris was putting his talent on major focus at the @LasVegasFab48 vs @VegasEliteHoops in front of Rivals' @ebosshoops. @DominickHarri2 not only showed off his offensive bag of tricks but his lockdown defense too

"One of my favorite games to watch all day long was at the Fab 48 between Las Vegas Elite 16's and Dream Vision 16's. Both teams know each other well, there has been some crossover of players and the fans were into it. There was lots of talent but VE's 2021 point guard Zaon Collins and DV's 2020 combo guard Dominick Harris really stuck out. Collins was electric off the dribble and got to the lane at will. He's small and skinny, but he sure is tough and with time winding down and everybody expecting him to drive to the hoop, he calmly flipped the ball to wide open four-star shooting guard Noah Taitz who drained a corner three at the buzzer for a one point win. As for Harris, Gonzaga has a good one in the already committed four-star. He can play some on or off the ball, shoots well from deep, is sneaky good off the bounce and looks like he has the tools to one day be a very high level defender."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/eric-bossi-s-las-vegas-blog-thursday

Mantua
07-27-2018, 10:43 AM

YouTube is getting to be vicious about music copyrights. If they get even one illegitimate complaint they delete an entire account.

ZagNative
12-06-2018, 12:09 PM
Dominick's Rancho Christian basketball team is playing in Hoophall West tournament (http://www.hoophall.com/events/hoophall-west/schedule/) this weekend. His games will be televised on ESPN+. It's the same tournament Gonzaga Prep's Anton Watson is competing in.

3:30 pm Friday, December 7 - Chicago Simeon

6:00 pm Saturday, December 8 - Pinnacle (AZ)

Incidentally, ESPN+ is available for a low subscription price. I paid something like $5.42 per month so I could follow Zags in FIBA tournaments. I canceled after the September tournaments were over but there's enough Zag-related stuff available that I intend to rejoin.

ZagNative
12-06-2018, 01:09 PM
Story in AZCentral.com about the tournament: "Expanded Hoophall West features 16 games over three days in Scottsdale" (https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/12/05/expanded-hoophall-west-features-16-games-over-three-days-scottsdale/2218004002/)

Zagdawg
12-07-2018, 07:36 AM
Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
28s29 seconds ago
More
Also, Gonzaga and USC fans. Your future commits (Harris, Mobley) are playing today on ESPN+ at 6:30PM. Will have updates throughout the game.

ZagNative
12-07-2018, 02:28 PM
Dominick's first Hoophall West game coming up at 3:30 vs. Chicago Simeon

ZagNative
12-07-2018, 03:13 PM
From twitter:

Jake
‏Verified account @jakeweingarten
44m44 minutes ago

Jake Retweeted Steven Karr

Dom Harris is out tonight. Will likely return in January, a source told Stockrisers.

Jake added,

BobZag
12-07-2018, 04:24 PM
From twitter:

Bummer.

ZagNative
12-17-2018, 04:01 PM
From twitter:

Dominick Harris Retweeted
Jake
‏Verified account @jakeweingarten
23h23 hours ago

Gonzaga fans: 2020 commit Dominick Harris will return to action on December 26th, he tells Stockrisers. Will make junior year debut with Rancho Christian.

BobZag
12-17-2018, 04:47 PM
From twitter:

Woot!

sittingon50
12-17-2018, 06:45 PM
Best of Luck Dominick! :clap:

ZagNative
12-25-2018, 07:25 PM
From Twitter:

Rancho Christian Basketball
‏ @rchshoops
Dec 23

Rancho Christian Basketball Retweeted TheClassicAtDamien

#RCHSHoops will look to bounce back after it’s first loss right after Christmas against Birmingham at the Classic at Damien. Eagles will also be at full strength for the first time, getting Dominick Harris and Jayden Simpson eligible. Let’s continue to get better! Go Rancho!

Bracket for the tournament from the tournament website (https://www.theclassicatdamien.com/copper-divison): Looks like the game is at 1:00 PM.

Twitter for the Classic at Damien (https://twitter.com/ClassicAtDamien?lang=en)

Twitter for Rancho Christian (https://twitter.com/rchshoops?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7 Ctwgr%5Eauthor)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DvI5ch2UYAEZSUw.jpg

thespywhozaggedme
12-25-2018, 08:30 PM
From Twitter:

Bracket for the tournament from the tournament website (https://www.theclassicatdamien.com/copper-divison): Looks like the game is at 1:00 PM.

Twitter for the Classic at Damien (https://twitter.com/ClassicAtDamien?lang=en)

Twitter for Rancho Christian (https://twitter.com/rchshoops?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7 Ctwgr%5Eauthor)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DvI5ch2UYAEZSUw.jpg

Eligible? I thought he was out due to an injury. I hope he doesn't have academic issues.

ZagNative
12-25-2018, 08:48 PM
Eligible? I thought he was out due to an injury. I hope he doesn't have academic issues.My impression is that he had to wait due to transfer issues from Pacifica Christian.

thespywhozaggedme
12-26-2018, 07:10 AM
My impression is that he had to wait due to transfer issues from Pacifica Christian.

Ah....that makes sense. Thanks

ZagNative
12-26-2018, 02:02 PM
From Twitter:

SwaggyC®™
‏ @SwaggyCDawg5
45m45 minutes ago

Platinum G3 @ClassicAtDamien

Rancho Christian 53
Birmingham 36

Evan Mobley 11, Dominick Harris 9, Luke Turner 9, Isaiah Mobley 7, B. Stephens 7, J. Montgomery 6, Byers 2, Mathews 2

Elisha Cofield 10, David Elliott 8, Tyrese Windham 8, Corey Cofield II 4, T. Medley 4, Nobles 2

Per another tweet, Dominick didn't start but entered the game half way through the first quarter.

webspinnre
12-26-2018, 02:31 PM
Ah....that makes sense. Thanks

I don't know how it works in other states, but there's definitely paperwork involved in transferring as an athlete in high school here in California with the CIF.

ZagNative
12-26-2018, 03:59 PM
From Twitter:

‏ @rchshoops
58m58 minutes ago

#RCHSHoops wins its @ClassicAtDamien Platinum Division first round game 53-36! Eagles held Birmingham to 13 second half points to pull away from a tied game at half. RC will play either Etiwanda or Santa Margarita tomorrow night at Damien at 5:30 PM. Let’s get better! Go Rancho!

ZagNative
12-27-2018, 05:51 PM
From Twitter:

eric sondheimer
‏Verified account @latsondheimer
51s51 seconds ago

Final. Rancho Christian 63, Santa Margarita 51.

Eric-Paul Johnson
‏Verified account @CallMeEPJ
7m7 minutes ago

Rancho Christian 63, Santa Margarita 51 (final).

Eagles will face Chino Hills in the semis.

Devin Ugland
‏Verified account @Devin_Ugland
8m8 minutes ago

Final: Rancho Christian 63, Santa Margarita 51. Evan Mobley finishes with 16 points, 8 rebounds and 6 blocks, Isaiah Mobley 13 points and 10 boards. Jake Kyman had 21 and 7 rebounds, Kendall McHugh had 16 points and 7 assists.

Zagdawg
12-27-2018, 07:09 PM

@rchshoops
19m19 minutes ago
More
Notables from tonight:
Evan Mobley 16 pts 8 rebs 6 blocks
Isaiah Mobley 13 pts 10 rebs (dbl-dbl)
Jordan Montgomery 11 pts 11 ast 4 reb (dbl-dbl)
Dominick Harris 12 pts
Luke Turner 7 pts
Bryson Stephens 4 pts
@Compton_Magic @DreamVisionBall @GamepointNation

ZagNative
12-27-2018, 08:13 PM
The game against Chino Hills will be at 7:00 PM Friday.

BobZag
12-28-2018, 09:13 AM

@rchshoops
19m19 minutes ago
More
Notables from tonight:
Evan Mobley 16 pts 8 rebs 6 blocks
Isaiah Mobley 13 pts 10 rebs (dbl-dbl)
Jordan Montgomery 11 pts 11 ast 4 reb (dbl-dbl)
Dominick Harris 12 pts
Luke Turner 7 pts
Bryson Stephens 4 pts
@Compton_Magic @DreamVisionBall @GamepointNation

Not bad for first game. Wish they listed assists. Go Harris!

ZagNut08
12-28-2018, 09:41 AM
Was hoping he would match up with my alma mater, Santa Margarita

BobZag
12-28-2018, 10:33 AM
Was hoping he would match up with my alma mater, Santa Margarita

Too wimpy of a school.

doctorzag
12-28-2018, 01:44 PM
Not bad for first game. Wish they listed assists. Go Harris!

I don`t think you do. Jordan Montgomery is the point guard for Rancho not Harris. Montgomery had 11 assists and 0 turnovers last night. I do know Harris had a whopping 1 assist the first game.

BobZag
12-28-2018, 01:57 PM
I don`t think you do. Jordan Montgomery is the point guard for Rancho not Harris. Montgomery had 11 assists and 0 turnovers last night. I do know Harris had a whopping 1 assist the first game.

oh :o

ZagNative
12-28-2018, 07:54 PM
DFrom Twitter, re: Rancho Christian's performance at the Classic at Damien today:

Rancho Christian Basketball Retweeted
Eric-Paul Johnson
3m3 minutes ago

Rancho Christian 79, Chino Hills 54 (final).

Evan Mobley with 32 points, 20 rebounds for Rancho Christian. Isaiah Mobley and Dominick Harris had 13 and 12 points, respectively.

Will Pluma has 14 points to lead Chino Hills. Onyeka Okongwu with 13 points and 10 boards.

Mantua
12-28-2018, 10:05 PM
DFrom Twitter, re: Rancho Christian's performance at the Classic at Damien today:

Could Evan Mobley be even remotely interested in GU? It would be a shame for him to waste his talent on USC.

thespywhozaggedme
12-29-2018, 06:27 AM
Could Evan Mobley be even remotely interested in GU? It would be a shame for him to waste his talent on USC.

Not unless Few suddenly becomes a sleaze like Andy Enfield and hires his dad away from USC:

USC has hired Eric Mobley, the father of two high-profile recruits, as an assistant basketball coach.

Mobley, an AAU coach for the past 11 years, will fill the void left by Tony Bland, who was fired in January in the wake of his September arrest in connection to the FBI investigation centered on bribery within college basketball.

"We are excited to add Eric to our coaching staff," Trojans coach Andy Enfield said in a statement. "He brings to our program a wealth of playing and coaching experience at a variety of levels. He is an outstanding coach and a terrific person."

Most recently, Mobley coached the Compton Magic 16-and-under AAU team. He played collegiately at Portland and Cal Poly Pomona but never has coached at that level.

His oldest son, Isaiah, is a 6-foot-10 high school junior and the No. 44-ranked prospect in the Class of 2019. His youngest son, Evan, is 6-10 and considered one of the top players in the country in the Class of 2020

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22900103/usc-trojans-hire-eric-mobley-father-recruits-isaiah-evan-mobley-assistant-coach

ZagNative
12-29-2018, 08:08 PM
From twitter:

Eric-Paul Johnson
3m3 minutes ago

Rancho Christian 38, Centennial 29 w/ 3:44 in 2Q.

Dominick Harris with 11 points to lead Rancho Christian.

DJ Davis has 12 points to lead Centennial.

Eric-Paul Johnson

Rancho Christian 47, Centennial 36 at halftime.

ZagNative
12-29-2018, 08:37 PM
More from twitter:

Eric-Paul Johnson
2m2 minutes ago

Rancho Christian 65, Centennial 48 after 3Q.

Dominick Harris leading the Eagles with 17 points. DJ Davis with 20 points for Cen10.

ZagNative
12-29-2018, 08:56 PM
Final from Twitter:

Rancho Christian Basketball Retweeted
Eric-Paul Johnson
1m1 minute ago

Rancho Christian 77, Centennial 69 (final).

Dominick Harris scores 21 to lead the Eagles. Isaiah Mobley and Evan Mobley with 17 and 16 points, respectively.

DJ Davis scores 23 to lead Centennial and Jaylen Clark adds 21.

Rancho Christian improves to 14-1.

ZagNative
12-29-2018, 10:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/JdEMzv3.jpg

BobZag
01-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Big game last night. Leading scorer with 21 pts.

ZagNative
01-11-2019, 02:04 AM
Set your DVRs folks! Rancho Christian plays at 6:00 today on ESPN2 vs. Memphis East in the GEICO ESPN HS Showcase

Mantua
01-11-2019, 12:54 PM
Thank you ZN! All set.

scrooner
01-11-2019, 06:04 PM
Dominick throws DOWN.

https://youtu.be/w2yfDj34aBE

GonzagasaurusFlex
01-12-2019, 03:55 AM
Dominick throws DOWN.

https://youtu.be/w2yfDj34aBE

We’ve all been excited about Dominic Harris signing w Zags for a while, but as soon as I watched this video my excitement level went to another level. Not that dunking in and of itself means anything about how good a player he is and will be, but just the thought of Zags having that kind of athleticism in the backcourt. Damn I wish he could reclassify to 2019 to get a year in w Watson and hopefully Ballo.

Assuming they all stay for 2 years, imagine these three athletes starting for Zags in 2020-21: Harris, Watson, Ballo. Then we could enjoy the next iteration of the old debate. Should Zags go w a big small forward lineup.:
Version 1.0 Debate: Karnowski, Wiltjer, Sabonis
2.0. : Tillie, Clarke, Rui
3.0. : Ballo, Timme, Watson

webspinnre
01-12-2019, 07:35 AM
We’ve all been excited about Dominic Harris signing w Zags for a while, but as soon as I watched this video my excitement level went to another level. Not that dunking in and of itself means anything about how good a player he is and will be, but just the thought of Zags having that kind of athleticism in the backcourt. Damn I wish he could reclassify to 2019 to get a year in w Watson and hopefully Ballo.

Assuming they all stay for 2 years, imagine these three athletes starting for Zags in 2020-21: Harris, Watson, Ballo. Then we could enjoy the next iteration of the old debate. Should Zags go w a big small forward lineup.:
Version 1.0 Debate: Karnowski, Wiltjer, Sabonis
2.0. : Tillie, Clarke, Rui
3.0. : Ballo, Timme, Watson

For me it isn't that he can dunk, it's the way he aggressively went at a fellow top prospect and dunked right over him. Shades of Pargo.

BobZag
01-12-2019, 08:54 AM
So did he have 25 pts?

Ooh, sure wish Harris could persuade Mobley to come to GU.

thespywhozaggedme
01-12-2019, 09:06 AM
So did he have 25 pts?

Ooh, sure wish Harris could persuade Mobley to come to GU.

Harris would then also have to persuade Few to be as big of a sleaze as Enfield is because Mobley's father was "hired" as an assistant coach at USC this season.

23dpg
01-12-2019, 10:01 AM
Harris would then also have to persuade Few to be as big of a sleaze as Enfield is because Mobley's father was "hired" as an assistant coach at USC this season.

Just like how Few hired Tommy just to get Liam to commit!

thespywhozaggedme
01-12-2019, 10:17 AM

Ha!

TheOtherGreatOne
01-12-2019, 10:42 AM
Mabe usc doesn't win another game this season and Enfield and his staff gets fired. Then Harris could bring both Mobleys to Spokane with him.

IowaSERE
01-12-2019, 11:33 AM

We're even worse. We gave John Stockton a scholarship so that we could get his son to walk in here!

thespywhozaggedme
01-12-2019, 12:00 PM
Mabe usc doesn't win another game this season and Enfield and his staff gets fired. Then Harris could bring both Mobleys to Spokane with him.

He could lose every game for the rest of the season and they won't fire him. He's got the #2 class in the nation coming in:

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings/

bdmiller7
01-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Enfield is one of the first coaches I think of when I'm talking about coaches whose record doesn't live up to the level of talent they recruit. I'd put Shaka Smart on that list for his time at Texas. A lot of top 100 recruits with mediocre results. At least Shaka doesn't have an assistant in the FBI investigation and then replaced him with some top recruits dad.

RenoZag
01-12-2019, 05:22 PM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/jan/12/gonzaga-commit-dominick-harris-soars-to-top-of-esp/

Bogozags
01-14-2019, 09:25 AM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/jan/12/gonzaga-commit-dominick-harris-soars-to-top-of-esp/

THANKS for sharing...I would have missed it!

He sure has a pretty decent ability to "soar" to the basket...over a 7-footer no less...

Can't wait for him to get on campus!!!

Zagdawg
01-15-2019, 05:35 AM
Vote for Harris

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/poll-vote-for-the-super-25-boys-basketball-top-star-week-6

caldwellzag
01-15-2019, 06:32 AM
Vote for Harris

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/poll-vote-for-the-super-25-boys-basketball-top-star-week-6

He is running away with it at 61% as of this morning.

basketballzag
01-16-2019, 08:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=36&v=895p6YNct0k

Great video that was just released called "DOMINICK HARRIS Will Be Special At Gonzaga"
Gonzaga bound Dominick Harris talks about what family means to him, adjusting to his new HS home at Rancho Christian, and finds out who's the best dancer on his Rancho squad!

He needs to call Rem up and get some tips on his dancing game because it doesn't match up Rem's moves in his high school year.

thespywhozaggedme
01-16-2019, 08:20 PM

Great video that was just released called "DOMINICK HARRIS Will Be Special At Gonzaga"
Gonzaga bound Dominick Harris talks about what family means to him, adjusting to his new HS home at Rancho Christian, and finds out who's the best dancer on his Rancho squad!

He needs to call Rem up and get some tips on his dancing game because it doesn't match up Rem's moves in his high school year.

I've been saying for a while that he's woefully underrated, but now that the pr team is out in full effect with promo videos like this, he won't be underrated much longer. Look for him to jump up pretty high by next season to a 5*.

ZagNative
01-16-2019, 08:32 PM
Great video! Thanks for sharing! Here it is again:

caldwellzag
01-17-2019, 06:03 AM
That was such a great video. Thanks for sharing!

JAGzag
01-17-2019, 07:33 AM
That was such a great video. Thanks for sharing!

What a great young man. He will be special. That 20-21 season is really starting to look amazing!

ZagNative
01-18-2019, 05:43 PM
Set your DVR: Rancho Christian is playing McEachern (GA) in a televised game on ESPNU (Comcast 621 in Spokane) on Monday, January 21 at 10:00 AM, in the Hoophall Classic.

Here's a piece on the Hoophall Classic: https://www.courant.com/sports/high-schools/hc-sp-hoophall-classic-preview-20190118-a7kxjzicmbbptcx2nnby74eh5u-story.html

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dw-VTxYUcAEc9xY.jpg

BobZag
01-21-2019, 10:29 AM
How did he do? I was unable to get to a TV.

bigblahla
01-21-2019, 01:59 PM
Replay available on ESPN....starting to watch it now...

Go!! Zags!!!

BobZag
01-21-2019, 02:03 PM
Harris reminds me of a yearling colt. In a year or two....

thespywhozaggedme
01-21-2019, 05:36 PM
How did he do? I was unable to get to a TV.

I just finished watching the entire game that I dvr'd. Harris was....flat out awful. Chucking up shots almost every time that he touched the ball, shot so much he made Snax look like a reluctant shooter and when he actually tried to pass the ball he turned it over, he has zero court vision and pg skills; please, please, please people stop referring to him as a pg, he's not...at all, he is 100% sg. I think he had 6 points, 5 turnovers and 0 assists. My only real concern is that his shooting form is kinda weird, as he releases the ball, it looks like he's doing jazz hands, it's really odd. Everyone has a bad game now and then and DH has done more than enough to chalk this one up as an outlier, but it was bad, like burn the tape bad. Hopefully he forgets this game completely and moves on to the next one.

ZagNative
01-21-2019, 06:21 PM
Next up for Rancho Christian is the Montverde Academy invitational, Thursday-Saturday, January 24-26, 2019. Hope our guy makes a better showing.

https://mvasports.com/news/2018/11/2/boys-basketball-the-2019-montverde-academy-invitational-tournament.aspx

Radbooks
01-21-2019, 07:18 PM
Here's a note from his dad on Twitter:

‏ @Dr_ShawnHarris
8h8 hours ago

Thank you for the support family ..we wet the bed & had a tough night..nonetheless on to the next game...short memory....we play in Florida on Thursday in the Montverde tourney. Let’s gooooo @DominickHarri2 ....it’s all in the process of chasing greatness

thespywhozaggedme
01-21-2019, 07:57 PM
Here's a note from his dad on Twitter:

There was no denying that stinker, but glad they owned it and didn't make any excuses. He's had too many great games, this was an aberration. Now just work on the bball IQ and tweaking the shot mechanics (no more jazz hands) and he'll be fine.

ZagsObserver
01-21-2019, 07:57 PM
I just finished watching the entire game that I dvr'd. Harris was....flat out awful. Chucking up shots almost every time that he touched the ball, shot so much he made Snax look like a reluctant shooter and when he actually tried to pass the ball he turned it over, he has zero court vision and pg skills; please, please, please people stop referring to him as a pg, he's not...at all, he is 100% sg. I think he had 6 points, 5 turnovers and 0 assists. My only real concern is that his shooting form is kinda weird, as he releases the ball, it looks like he's doing jazz hands, it's really odd. Everyone has a bad game now and then and DH has done more than enough to chalk this one up as an outlier, but it was bad, like burn the tape bad. Hopefully he forgets this game completely and moves on to the next one.

That’s more than a little harsh.

Go, Harris. We’re rooting for you. Ups and downs are expected.

thespywhozaggedme
01-21-2019, 08:00 PM
That’s more than a little harsh.

Go, Harris. We’re rooting for you. Ups and downs are expected.

Not at all. It's 100% honest and accurate. His dad acknowledged it in the tweet. DH and his dad are stand up people, they're not they "everyone deserves a trophy" type that so many millennials are nowadays. They know they have to work hard and with hard work comes great reward. As I said twice now, this game was an outlier, all players have them, time to forget it and move on, no point in dwelling on it.

BobZag
01-23-2019, 09:33 AM
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2020/order/true

Harris breaks into ESPN 2020 Super 60 at #55.

cggonzaga
01-23-2019, 09:41 AM
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2020/order/true

Quite a few Zag recruits in top 60.

Zagceo
01-23-2019, 10:49 AM

Final Four effect

doctorzag
01-23-2019, 03:14 PM

This is one of the most accurate appraisals of Harris that of have seen on this board.

thespywhozaggedme
01-23-2019, 03:53 PM
This is one of the most accurate appraisals of Harris that of have seen on this board.

Thanks man. I try to always be objective. He had a stinker of a game, but he and his dad are so awesome; no excuses whatsoever, they used it as a learning tool and will improve.

caldwellzag
01-24-2019, 06:10 AM
Thanks man. I try to always be objective. He had a stinker of a game, but he and his dad are so awesome; no excuses whatsoever, they used it as a learning tool and will improve.

It was a bad game for sure, but the entire Rancho Christian team forgot to show up for the beat down. To me it looked like they were not even awake for the game.

cggonzaga
01-24-2019, 10:06 AM

I think dz isn’t a fan of Harris overall not just your analysis of this one game. Harris is a stud and had a bad game.

thespywhozaggedme
01-24-2019, 10:08 AM
I think dz isn’t a fan of Harris overall not just your analysis of this one game. Harris is a stud and had a bad game.

Agreed

caldwellzag
01-24-2019, 11:31 AM

Also agreed! You can look at all the great high school players and they all have a bad game here or there.

ZagNative
01-26-2019, 11:21 AM
Next up for Rancho Christian is the Montverde Academy invitational, Thursday-Saturday, January 24-26, 2019. Hope our guy makes a better showing.

https://mvasports.com/news/2018/11/2/boys-basketball-the-2019-montverde-academy-invitational-tournament.aspxRancho Christian definitely made a better showing in the Monteverde Academy Invitational, with two wins thus far and a shot at the tournament title in today's matchup with Monteverde: http://gm5-lkweb.newscyclecloud.com/sports/20190125/montverde-breezes-into-final-of-its-own-tournament

Rancho Christian 74, Wasatch Academy 47

The Eagles earned a spot in Saturday’s championship game with a solid effort on both ends of the floor against previously unbeaten Mount Pleasant (Utah) Wasatch Academy.

Rancho Christian raced out to a double-digit lead in the first quarter and was never seriously challenged.

Evan Mobley, Rancho Christian’s 7-foot guard, led the way with 20 points. He scored 10 in the first quarter and created matchup problems for Wasatch as did his older brother, 6-foot-10 senior guard/forward Isaiah Mobley, who poured in 17 points.

Dominick Harris added 16 for Eagles. The convincing win allowed Ray Barefield to rest his starters for much of the fourth quarter.

Rancho Christian (20-3) led by as many as 30 points.