PDA

View Full Version : Way-Too-Soon 2018 NBA Mock Draft

NWGonzaga
08-05-2017, 09:40 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2724806-way-too--2018-nba-mock-draft-can-anyone-compete-with-michael-porter-jr?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

I still think Tillie has the potential to work his way into lottery like Collins did this year. Cool to see Rui at 19 though

jazzdelmar
08-05-2017, 11:16 AM
No Tillie at all?

jpn17
08-05-2017, 04:41 PM
No Tillie at all?

That surprised me too, but it is bleacher report. Barring injury or a dreadful year, I don't see how Tillie doesn't project as a first rounder in the 2018 draft.

ZagMan in Philly
11-13-2017, 07:48 AM
He is now.

https://www.si.com/nba/nba-mock-draft-2018?xid=nl_siextra&utm_source=si.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=si-extra&utm_content=2017111311AM

gonzagafan62
11-13-2017, 08:17 AM
I have a feeling Tillie will have a higher draft position than zach Collins. He gets to start and already looked Good Friday. I'm going to enjoy this season with him. Special kid with special talent

CDC84
11-13-2017, 08:53 AM
It wouldn't shock me if Tillie leads the nation in rebounding this year or is at least in the top 5. He's got all the makings of a guy who can average 12rpg.

Zags_Fanatic
11-13-2017, 09:15 AM
I have a feeling Tillie will have a higher draft position than zach Collins. He gets to start and already looked Good Friday. I'm going to enjoy this season with him. Special kid with special talent

You know you are on a board for a Jesuit school when Good Friday gets autocorrected.

hooter73
11-13-2017, 09:17 AM
only if his body can hold up to it.

J3 is still my only league contender this year.

isongd
11-13-2017, 11:00 AM
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/11/13/16642064/nba-prospects-ncaa-college-basketball-2018

Rui mentioned on the ringer ncaa prospects article

jazzdelmar
11-13-2017, 02:54 PM
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/11/13/16642064/nba-prospects-ncaa-college-basketball-2018

Rui mentioned on the ringer ncaa prospects article

The Rui hype baffles me.

Hoopaholic
11-13-2017, 03:30 PM
The Rui hype baffles me.

much like it baffled me with Collins ...sp[eculation and potential I guess

but full transparency I have not watched a full NBA game since 1981 and I have only watched snippets since.....just doesnt interest me so I have no idea what they are looking for

DukeSilver
11-13-2017, 03:36 PM
The Rui hype baffles me.

Yeah, I just can’t understand why any NBA team would be interested in a 6’8” SF with a 7’2” wingspan who has turned in a handful of impressive performances against legit international competition ... Totally baffling ...

In all seriousness, he clearly has a lot of development before he’s NBA-ready, and his contribution to this year’s Zag team may not be quite what some on this board (myself included) hoped and predicted. But the NBA drafts largely based on a player’s ceiling, and Rui’s is obviously sky-high.

MDABE80
11-13-2017, 04:47 PM
He's a project of sorts. Athleticism must be accompanied by performance. He wants to take it slow and develop his game. I agree. With the present situation, he should get lots of opportunity . I hope he get that and will be a great one.

DADoZAG
11-13-2017, 09:13 PM
He's a project of sorts. Athleticism must be accompanied by performance. He wants to take it slow and develop his game. I agree. With the present situation, he should get lots of opportunity . I hope he get that and will be a great one.

This project has a very short life cycle.

That urgency, I hope, encourages out of the box thinking.

Go ZAGS!

TexasZagFan
11-13-2017, 10:57 PM
much like it baffled me with Collins ...sp[eculation and potential I guess

but full transparency I have not watched a full NBA game since 1981 and I have only watched snippets since.....just doesnt interest me so I have no idea what they are looking for

Marketing...first NBA player out of Japan? Poor kid has 12 reporters following his every step. NBA owners are noticing that.

Coach Crazy
11-14-2017, 05:22 AM
Marketing...first NBA player out of Japan? Poor kid has 12 reporters following his every step. NBA owners are noticing that.

And his length, and his performances over the summer, and the fact that he can jump from nearly the foul line, and the fact that he can play post and face up on the wing, and the fact that most would never have dreamed that Greek Freak would be where he is now.

With the NBA cap and rosters expanding, there are teams that feel they have the resources to take a kid to the next level.

It's all there. Now, would it be awesome to see him take this year to become the headliner, and then absolutely dominate next season? Sure. But it's a plus if he goes 2-and-done, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willandi
11-14-2017, 06:18 AM
And his length, and his performances over the summer, and the fact that he can jump from nearly the foul line, and the fact that he can play post and face up on the wing, and the fact that most would never have dreamed that Greek Freak would be where he is now.

With the NBA cap and rosters expanding, there are teams that feel they have the resources to take a kid to the next level.

It's all there. Now, would it be awesome to see him take this year to become the headliner, and then absolutely dominate next season? Sure. But it's a plus if he goes 2-and-done, as well.

If his ball handling was just a little bit better, he could be the next Magic Johnson!

BULLDOG#1
11-14-2017, 10:14 AM

He's got the size and athletic skill that cannot be coached. Rest of the package is solid, though unrefined. Add in that he's got a built-in fan base and you've got the makings of a for sure NBAer. There will be times this year when he makes completely boneheaded mistakes, but there will also be times when he makes plays that only NBAers can make.

For sure you can find more refined skill-set zags, and maybe you can name a few that have had equal-to or better than Rui's athletic gifts... But I cannot think of one that has had his combination of both.

It will be interesting to see how he develops, but I would be surprised if he doesn't get an NBA contract at some point.

allbusiness_zag
11-14-2017, 02:44 PM
The Rui hype baffles me.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/f6pOe5e8ShRhS/giphy.gif

jazzdelmar
11-14-2017, 04:20 PM
If his ball handling was just a little bit better, he could be the next Magic Johnson!

C’mon. Geez.

Markburn1
11-14-2017, 04:24 PM
Címon. Geez.

I'm hoping that will's post was sarcasm/tongue in cheek.

jazzdelmar
11-14-2017, 04:29 PM
I'm hoping that will's post was sarcasm/tongue in cheek.

One would hope. But the scary part is that one can’t be 100% certain.