PDA

View Full Version : Austin Daye mentioned in SR

thebigsmoove
08-04-2017, 07:54 AM
SR article about Austin's participation in the TBT tournament:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/aug/03/a-summer-tournament-at-tiny-coppin-state-is-a-path/

Zagdawg
08-04-2017, 09:10 AM
Thought Daye looked good in the championship game-- he had just recovered from an injury and was released from his previous overseas team (or completed the contract)-- maybe he has a shot at an NBA roster again.

TheGonzagaFactor
08-04-2017, 09:40 AM
Thought Daye looked good in the championship game-- he had just recovered from an injury and was released from his previous overseas team (or completed the contract)-- maybe he has a shot at an NBA roster again.

Uh, no. He was struggling in the post v. Mike Hart. Still very weak.

Zagdawg
08-04-2017, 10:22 AM
Mike Hart was in the championship game?

Daye averaged 13 pts and 7 boards for the tournament -- it makes sense that we were able to hold him below average on points because of our familiarity about what it takes to slow him down.

Against the Zags he did not look so good-- against other teams he looked like he can still play.

5 pts - 7 boards (Zags and his first game in the tournament)
15 pts- 6 boards
22 pts- 6 boards
11 pts - 8 boards championship game

bartruff1
08-04-2017, 11:00 AM
There is a lot of money in basketball left for Austin.... Hart was....well Hart ...against Austin...and that is why we all love him...

hockeyzag
08-04-2017, 12:01 PM
Kind of funny how Daye still hates working out. Strength is his number one weakness, and yet he doesn't want to do the work to help that weakness.

I don't know...maybe the dimensions of his body just don't really allow him to build muscle the way some of us can. He is so long and lanky, maybe it doesn't do that much for him.

thebigsmoove
08-04-2017, 12:11 PM
Kind of funny how Daye still hates working out. Strength is his number one weakness, and yet he doesn't want to do the work to help that weakness.

I don't know...maybe the dimensions of his body just don't really allow him to build muscle the way some of us can. He is so long and lanky, maybe it doesn't do that much for him.

nah, he cant build muscle because hes allergic to the gym. Anyone can build muscle if they consume enough calories and train enough.

jazzdelmar
08-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Chronic underachiever. Imagine if he had Hart's heart?

Bogozags
08-04-2017, 04:06 PM

The possibilities could have been incredible...

sittingon50
08-04-2017, 06:34 PM
Which one of you guys has been monitoring his training again?

Zags11
08-05-2017, 07:34 AM
This crap a** thread needs to be one thread and would be if it wasn't daye. We gonna say "if mike Hart went to gym more, he would of avg double digits. Lazy @$$."

The disrespect he gets on here I'd hate Spokane. Bunch of hating non D1 coaches in here.

Daye not even a top 10 player for me but its the rip on daye at any chance.

Zags11
08-05-2017, 07:38 AM

Imagine if hart had dayes skill? Talent? Everything?

Zags11
08-05-2017, 07:39 AM
Imagine if hart had dayes skill? Talent? Everything?

See I can do this dumb game too. Low brow thread. Bunch of 6'4 220lb guys in here with 3% body fat. Multi millionaire, NBA champs.

Can I get your autograph?

Zags11
08-05-2017, 07:40 AM
There is a lot of money in basketball left for Austin.... Hart was....well Hart ...against Austin...and that is why we all love him...

1.4ppg 2rpg player? Hustled a lot. And that's it.

Bogozags
08-05-2017, 08:12 AM
1.4ppg 2rpg player? Hustled a lot. And that's it.

Ok, granted Hart didn't have the stats BUT there is no comparison between the two with regards to desire and realizing there is no "I" in TEAM! Daye is one of the better players that ever put on a GU uniform and Hart is viewed as one of the best players just because of his attitude and desire to do whatever it took for GU to win! Hart, never once threw his hands up or complained about a call and I think this is what bothers many on here that I man like Daye, with all that talent did have a better presentation or demeanor on the court...he just appeared spoiled to many and just maybe that is a misconception. So thinking about Hart and how he would have played had God gave him the same physical abilities and skill he gave Austin is not out-of-bounds as many on here have mentioned how they would have loved to have seen Kelly, Domantas, Zach and Nigel play one more year and how good we could have been...we say the same if Austin would have played two more years!

I don't think this is trash talking but rather making "dreaming" of what could have been!

Personally, I rooted for Austin and what him to have great success on and off the court while he was here and after he left for the NBA. It is too bad he didn't have a longer career in the NBA but he is still young enough to mount a comeback!

Sorry, this isn't meant to be a personal attack on your posts but rather just my opinion as I was a Mike Hart, who always dove for loose balls and fought for every rebound and played great "D" but just didn't have the God given abilities "Austin Daye" type players had...

Have a GREAT Weekend!

sittingon50
08-05-2017, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the post Bogo.

Daye had his faults & the histrionics may have been the biggest, but the selective memories are what bother me.

Watch some tape of Pendo or Morrison. You would have thought they never committed a foul in their lives. That's why it's been MY OPINION that it's something else, & it's that something else that allows for the selective memories.

Again, MY OPINION.

Zags11
08-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Ok, granted Hart didn't have the stats BUT there is no comparison between the two with regards to desire and realizing there is no "I" in TEAM! Daye is one of the better players that ever put on a GU uniform and Hart is viewed as one of the best players just because of his attitude and desire to do whatever it took for GU to win! Hart, never once threw his hands up or complained about a call and I think this is what bothers many on here that I man like Daye, with all that talent did have a better presentation or demeanor on the court...he just appeared spoiled to many and just maybe that is a misconception. So thinking about Hart and how he would have played had God gave him the same physical abilities and skill he gave Austin is not out-of-bounds as many on here have mentioned how they would have loved to have seen Kelly, Domantas, Zach and Nigel play one more year and how good we could have been...we say the same if Austin would have played two more years!

I don't think this is trash talking but rather making "dreaming" of what could have been!

Personally, I rooted for Austin and what him to have great success on and off the court while he was here and after he left for the NBA. It is too bad he didn't have a longer career in the NBA but he is still young enough to mount a comeback!

Sorry, this isn't meant to be a personal attack on your posts but rather just my opinion as I was a Mike Hart, who always dove for loose balls and fought for every rebound and played great "D" but just didn't have the God given abilities "Austin Daye" type players had...

Have a GREAT Weekend!

I agree on some points. However the same pouty face, hands up in air daye gets blasted on...people live pendo. "What passion. What heart." Daye does it and its "baby. Quitter. No heart. Weak. Soft"

You can see what I mean. Its ugly some of peoples views.

Zags11
08-05-2017, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the post Bogo.

Daye had his faults & the histrionics may have been the biggest, but the selective memories are what bother me.

Watch some tape of Pendo or Morrison. You would have thought they never committed a foul in their lives. That's why it's been MY OPINION that it's something else, & it's that something else that allows for the selective memories.

Again, MY OPINION.

Yep 100%. Its why certain guards get passes, and others get crapped on.

Kendo and Morrison cried and whined and it was heart and passion! Complete opposite for daye.

And like I said daye isn't in my top 10 favorite zags but I don't like how ppl talk on him.