PDA

View Full Version : What non-starting lineups would you like to see?

MTZag03
07-31-2017, 09:43 PM
Hey all. So rather than debate starters and minutes, etc, what lineup with at least one bench player are you hoping to see?

I'd love to see Perkins, Norvell, Krispert, Hachimura, and Tillie on the floor at the same time.

MDABE80
07-31-2017, 10:39 PM
Josh, Jesse, Kispert, J3, Tillie<fills the bill. Great athletes, good shooting, rebounding, defense .

Reborn
08-01-2017, 06:07 AM
Wade; Norvell; Melson; Kispert and Hachimura. This would be a really fun lineup to watch because these guys can really run and shoot. I loved watching Hachimura in a full court fast breaking offense in the FIBA TOURNAMENT. Loved his 3 point shooting; and gosh can Kispert ever shoot from the outside. And of course these guards can all shoot the 3. If Few uses this lineup he will force the opposition to also go small; and I think our small team just might be better than most teams small lineup. And the Zags small lineup is not short: Wade 6'2"; Norvell 6'5"; Melson 6'4"; Kispert 6'6" and Hachimura 6'8". If I were coaching this team I'd run the kind of offense that Japan ran in the FIBA Tournament. He had a lot of freedom. The problem that Japan had in the tournament was that their guards were not good outside shooters. With the kind of shooters I've listed here; my God our team could be so good.

TexasZagFan
08-01-2017, 06:19 AM
Wade; Norvell; Melson; Kispert and Hachimura. This would be a really fun lineup to watch because these guys can really run and shoot. I loved watching Hachimura in a full court fast breaking offense in the FIBA TOURNAMENT. Loved his 3 point shooting; and gosh can Kispert ever shoot from the outside. And of course these guards can all shoot the 3. If Few uses this lineup he will force the opposition to also go small; and I think our small team just might be better than most teams small lineup. And the Zags small lineup is not short: Wade 6'2"; Norvell 6'5"; Melson 6'4"; Kispert 6'6" and Hachimura 6'8". If I were coaching this team I'd run the kind of offense that Japan ran in the FIBA Tournament. He had a lot of freedom. The problem that Korea had in the tournament was that their guards were not good outside shooters. With the kind of shooters I've listed here; my God our team could be so good.

+1000

MTZag03
08-01-2017, 06:24 AM
Wade; Norvell; Melson; Kispert and Hachimura. This would be a really fun lineup to watch because these guys can really run and shoot. I loved watching Hachimura in a full court fast breaking offense in the FIBA TOURNAMENT. Loved his 3 point shooting; and gosh can Kispert ever shoot from the outside. And of course these guards can all shoot the 3. If Few uses this lineup he will force the opposition to also go small; and I think our small team just might be better than most teams small lineup. And the Zags small lineup is not short: Wade 6'2"; Norvell 6'5"; Melson 6'4"; Kispert 6'6" and Hachimura 6'8". If I were coaching this team I'd run the kind of offense that Japan ran in the FIBA Tournament. He had a lot of freedom. The problem that Korea had in the tournament was that their guards were not good outside shooters. With the kind of shooters I've listed here; my God our team could be so good.

Yeah, that's along the lines of the lineup I came up with. I can't wait to see our wings and guards this year.

willandi
08-01-2017, 07:02 AM

Korea?

Reborn
08-01-2017, 07:15 AM
Korea?

Ooops Thanks for the correction. Japan is what I meant to say.

Zagceo
08-01-2017, 07:18 AM
....Villanova.....Xavier.....Iowa State played small ball last year 6'9" & 6'8" centers....loved watching that style.

Reborn
08-01-2017, 07:44 AM
....Villanova.....Xavier.....Iowa State played small ball last year 6'9" & 6'8" centers....loved watching that style.

Me too. These are some of my favorite teams to watch on TV. We could have post players who are 6'9" and 6'8" when JW3 and Hachimura are in the game at the same time.

GonzagasaurusFlex
08-01-2017, 08:37 AM
I too love the lineup Reborn suggested. Another one I'd like to see:

Wade, Norvell, Kispert, JWIII, Larsen. Outstanding shooters spacing the floor and creating space for our best low post bigs to go to work.

Another one, all defensive pressure team: Melson, Ayayi, Rui, Tillie, JWIII.