PDA

View Full Version : Fran Fraschilla: I'm rooting for @ZagMBB's Jesse Wade. Another Pangos?

ZagNative
07-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Fran tweeted a link to a nice story about Jesse Wade.
(http://www.standard.net/Basketball/2017/07/10/Unshakable-Jesse-Wade-fits-like-Cinderellas-slipper-at-Gonzaga.html)
http://i.imgur.com/22D7OXO.jpg

MTZag03
07-10-2017, 09:52 AM
How cool. Jesse looks like he's grown up a bit and filled out since his high school pics. Excited to have him. I have a feeling he's going to be big for us this year.

TexasZagFan
07-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Didn't know that Donny Daniels recruited him.

katman50
07-10-2017, 10:15 AM
Am really excited about Jesse. I believe he is going to be a very special player and Zag. A real gym rat and very good on the court. Much like Pangos.

Zags_Fanatic
07-10-2017, 10:45 AM
Didn't know that Donny Daniels recruited him.

Everybody expected DD to break through for recruiting in SoCal, but he was at Utah for 11 years under Majerus which could end up paying bigger dividends with a lot of good talent coming out of the Beehive State.

MDABE80
07-10-2017, 12:18 PM
It's a great article on our new PG;) But it says a lot about Few who urged him to do his mission and that he'd catch up to basketball when it was basketball time. Just a great comment. Shows a lot of class. I think Jesse will surprise. Not a 6 3 guard but he's got great hops. athleticism, handles the ball very well. I went to the late night game many years ago when he played against Jeremy. I knew right then, he'd be a great kid to get in the program. Humble but he laughed at Jeremy's antics.

jazzdelmar
07-10-2017, 12:30 PM
Encouraging words from my fellow Flatbush native, I am excited.

JPtheBeasta
07-10-2017, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the link, ZN. That was a good read. It is a nice departure from some of the negativity and restlessness that the off-season brought this year.

TexasZagFan
07-10-2017, 12:32 PM
It's a great article on our new PG;) But it says a lot about Few who urged him to do his mission and that he'd catch up to basketball when it was basketball time. Just a great comment. Shows a lot of class. I think Jesse will surprise. Not a 6 3 guard but he's got great hops. athleticism, handles the ball very well. I went to the late night game many years ago when he played against Jeremy. I knew right then, he'd be a great kid to get in the program. Humble but he laughed at Jeremy's antics.

First line :lmao:

Stirrin' the p-o-t.

JPtheBeasta
07-10-2017, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the link, ZN. That was a good read. It is a nice departure from some of the negativity and restlessness that the off-season brought this year.

ETA: Pargo's endorsement is enough for me; he's played against very good competition as a Zag and a professional player. I'm excited to see Wade play.

ZagaZags
07-10-2017, 12:34 PM
In June of that year, Jesse went with his Davis teammates to a basketball camp at Gonzaga. On Oct. 4, he went back to Gonzaga for a visit and was offered a scholarship the same day, which he immediately accepted.

I wish it was always this easy.

soccerdud
07-10-2017, 01:40 PM

Stirrin' the p-o-t.

you can say pot now. apparently guboards legalized it.

sittingon50
07-10-2017, 01:56 PM

It'll have to have it's own forum now, right?

JPtheBeasta
07-10-2017, 02:18 PM

Only in Washington and a few other states.

cjm720
07-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Impressive to palm a ball

maynard g krebs
07-10-2017, 02:50 PM

Stirrin' the p-o-t.

Thanks Tex. Just started w/ the ignore feature, and it was working well till now. Apparently it's an uncurable condition/obsession. And back to ignore, as much as possible.

MDABE80
07-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Well done Maynard. At least it was tasteful right TEX? lol AND we're sticking to the topic. :)
I do think this will be one of our better PG's though. Old fashioned kid with basic skills. History awaits him.

DixieZag
07-10-2017, 04:10 PM
Everybody expected DD to break through for recruiting in SoCal, but he was at Utah for 11 years under Majerus which could end up paying bigger dividends with a lot of good talent coming out of the Beehive State.

Wasn't it just a couple years ago Utah had more high school MdD all-Americans, or 5-stars, or whatever they're called, than all of WA, OR AND CA put together?

DixieZag
07-10-2017, 04:16 PM
He "looks" a lot like Pangos, right up until he shoots a jump shot, and then he channels Gary Bell (Circa Frosh/Sr years) because he has such a high release off a great jump, just like Gary did (who had about the prettiest j-shot form we've seen). He ought to be able to get his shot off a little easier than Pangos. Whether it goes in as often as KP, or whether he has the defensive commitment of Gary, dunno, but he's sure got the raw talent.

Zagsker
07-10-2017, 05:36 PM
Solid article

VinnyZag
07-10-2017, 07:38 PM
Parg replied to Fraschilla's tweet of the story:

@ImJustPargo

Different games!

which I thought was interesting. Pargo apparently doesn't think Pangos and Wade have very similar games.

Zagger
07-10-2017, 08:00 PM
Wow, that was a really good read. Knew the kid was committed to GU but not so deeply as the story testifies to. It's going to be great to watch Jesse in action. Having a variety of heights on the floor can be pretty difficult for another team to handle. I know I always get steamed when a 5' 10" to 6' 1" -ish kid on another team burns the Zags for a few points. Now we'll have one of those :)

katman50
07-10-2017, 08:05 PM
I'm hyped about Jesse. Don't know how long it's been since I've been more excited about a player becoming a Zag. Maybe Sabonis, Morrison and Pangos. Jesse is going to be very, very special. Damn, I'm hyped and it's only the middle of Summer!

zagsfanforlife
07-10-2017, 08:37 PM
I'm hyped about Jesse. Don't know how long it's been since I've been more excited about a player becoming a Zag. Maybe Sabonis, Morrison and Pangos. Jesse is going to be very, very special. Damn, I'm hyped and it's only the middle of Summer!

You were excited about Morrison becoming a Zag? You must be nostradamus.... most Zag fans i know didnt even know of Adam before he played his first game

Reborn
07-10-2017, 08:53 PM
A great read, Zag Native. I've really liked Jesse's game from the first time i watched one of his videos. I love his work ethic and the fact that he understands how much work it takes to be a star in any professional career. I have not seen him play live yet; nor at the college level; so I'll hold back my comparisons until I do.

DixieZag
07-10-2017, 09:59 PM

which I thought was interesting. Pargo apparently doesn't think Pangos and Wade have very similar games.

Is it possible that Wade has a game similar to Pargo? He sure seems to have more athleticism than Pangos, looks stronger now, and - again, he just explodes off the floor on his shot.

Just speculating that it's possible that's what Pargo is getting at. Exciting either way.

maynard g krebs
07-10-2017, 10:30 PM
You were excited about Morrison becoming a Zag? You must be nostradamus.... most Zag fans i know didnt even know of Adam before he played his first game

I was too. Went all 4 days to the state tourney in Tacoma after seeing Adam play the first day. Adam was playing at a McDonalds AA level at that time; set tourney scoring record if memory serves and outplayed MCDAA Aaron Brooks in their title matchup.

Adam scored 37 in the title game against a Franklin team that had 4 D1 players incl Brooks, and it was later reported that after playing 4 straight days his blood sugar was at an all time low.

billyberu
07-10-2017, 11:19 PM
"You were excited about Morrison becoming a Zag? You must be nostradamus.... most Zag fans i know didnt even know of Adam before he played his first game."

It was mentioned on the old Scout board when he committed to Gonzaga in his junior year of high school I believe. I was living in an apartment a block away from Mead High School and would frequent his games.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Ekrub
07-11-2017, 12:05 AM

Haha before I started following recruiting I knew of, and was excited for, Morrison. Great game at state vs Aaron brooks I believe. He was a star in high school here in Spokane. more well known than anton watson.

MDABE80
07-11-2017, 12:54 AM
Thread is drifting............

Bogozags
07-11-2017, 03:05 AM
Thread is drifting............

True dat...

I hope that Mr. Wade is a true PG, which is what I hear on this board. I guess my definition of a PG is one who looks to create first and foremost and can also score if he needs to BUT also has the ability to take his "man" off the dribble to the rim and then can drop off a pass to a post player who would be open because of his penetration.

I always thought that KP was a great shooter but just didn't have the natural quickness to take his man off the dribble and that JP has tremendous athletic ability but just not a consistent 3pt shooter BUT if you could have combined the two players, THAT player would be a HOF NBA player but such is life...Wade sounds like a player that has those skill sets and I look forward to watching him play three or four years, and he just might be another ZAG PG that can have a long career at the next level.

Coach Crazy
07-11-2017, 04:40 AM

They don't. Wade is closer to DD, than Pangos. Wade is a gunner. He'll still facilitate, but he is far more athletic, and will dribble-drive more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jazzdelmar
07-11-2017, 04:43 AM
They don't. Wade is closer to DD, than Pangos. Wade is a gunner. He'll still facilitate, but he is far more athletic, and will dribble-drive more often.

Now you're making me crazy, Crazy. DD 2.0?

bartruff1
07-11-2017, 05:21 AM
I saw Elder Wade walking across the Spokane River yesterday, headed for the gym...

Coach Crazy
07-11-2017, 05:44 AM
Now you're making me crazy, Crazy. DD 2.0?

I said "closer to, than." He'll carve out his own identity here. But as I, and others here, have said...he seems like an amalgamation of some greats.

thebigsmoove
07-11-2017, 06:24 AM
I said "closer to, than." He'll carve out his own identity here. But as I, and others here, have said...he seems like an amalgamation of some greats.

Hyperbolic wisdom is just swell.

Ezag
07-11-2017, 07:18 AM
As tentative as JP and Melson can be at times, I welcome a gunner!

jazzdelmar
07-11-2017, 08:08 AM

Uh-oh, now you've done it, Ez.

sittingon50
07-11-2017, 08:39 AM
I saw Elder Wade walking across the Spokane River yesterday, headed for the gym...

I assume he was not using a bridge, eh Bart?

hooter73
07-11-2017, 08:57 AM

Now thats funny.

hooter73
07-11-2017, 08:59 AM

Exactly this, except I dont remember DD going to the rim too much. Wade knows when to and does not hesitate. He is/was a scoring PG, not strictly a facilitator. Him and Perkins will one-two punch it in dual roles so much better than Pangos and Stockton did... and I loved how those two played together.

JPtheBeasta
07-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Stockton was a very good facilitator and will be hard to beat. I think he was much better than the P-word guy (whom I like as a ball player) with passing angles and creating motion in the defense when he had the ball. I was not a fan of David Stockton early on but I grew to appreciate his game.

With very limited data, I'm still saying that Wade reminds me most of Raivio.

Ekrub
07-11-2017, 09:17 AM

JP Melson - heh

bartruff1
07-11-2017, 09:20 AM
I assume he was not using a bridge, eh Bart?

Jesse don't need any stinking bridges....:D

thebigsmoove
07-11-2017, 09:52 AM
JP Melson - heh

Why doesnt everyone just call Silas "Smelson"...BEST. NICKNAME. EVER.

The Legend Grows.

JPtheBeasta
07-11-2017, 10:11 AM
Why doesnt everyone just call Silas "Smelson"...BEST. NICKNAME. EVER.

The Legend Grows.

Are you sure he wasn't just wearing shark shoes again?

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?60687-Summer-player-news-tidbits-misc/page5&highlight=Legend

thebigsmoove
07-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Are you sure he wasn't just wearing shark shoes again?

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?60687-Summer-player-news-tidbits-misc/page5&highlight=Legend

:lmao:

Probably so. The dude is just so legit.

DixieZag
07-11-2017, 04:19 PM
Now the thread is drifting.

The guy hasn't even put on a uniform and we have him walking on water?

He's a frosh, though a mature one, but he still jumps across the river just like every other Zag that's played of late.

I'm answering my own question, I suspect Pargo was stating that Wade's game is more like ....Pargo's than Pangos, if we can get an attitude like Pendo and we'll be quite bueno.

RenoZag
07-11-2017, 06:01 PM
Pangos was a really good WCC player. I hope Jesse Wade matches or surpasses him by the time he finishes his eligibility. Seems a bit undersized, but maybe he can make up for it by leading the country in steals or something.

btzag
07-11-2017, 06:11 PM
Pangos was a really good WCC player. I hope Jesse Wade matches or surpasses him by the time he finishes his eligibility. Seem a bit undersized, but maybe he can make up for it by leading the country in steals or something.

I think that's selling Pangos way short just because he played in the wcc. I would say top 10 pgs nationally by his upperclassmen years which is a great target for mr Wade.

katman50
07-11-2017, 06:33 PM
Innocent and speculative question. There is no incorrect answer at this time. Who will score more points (average per game) this year: Rui or Jesse? Who will have the biggest impact this year? Rui or Jesse? my guess: 8 points for Rui; 6ppg for Jesse. BTW, I think both will be impact players.

CDC84
07-11-2017, 07:06 PM
You have to wonder what other programs were thinking when this kid gets offered almost immediately by Gonzaga, and yet no one else of substance is even interested. Maybe his desire to take his mission before playing college ball played a factor??
I don't wish to sound pretentious, but you'd think several BCS teams would get involved immediately just by the very fact that Gonzaga was seriously recruiting him and were willing to wait two years to get him.

MDABE80
07-11-2017, 08:07 PM
Maybe they didn't bite because he was shorter, chubbier and slower then. Still though his shooting and ball handling were exemplary then. Give him a few months and he'll be a full on D1 guard with all skills we want. Passing, shooting, ball handling and a real team kid.

jake
07-11-2017, 09:10 PM
I admire that Wade is committed to his faith. Has anyone heard if there are issues with him playing in a Sunday game? Doesn't happen often, but there were a couple last year. I'd respect him either way, but didn't know with BYU not playing on Sundays.

amaronizag
07-11-2017, 10:10 PM
We'll find out at PK80 if he'll play on Sunday. Hopefully he will help us beat Duke for the bracket championship at the Moda Center on Sunday!!!

jazzdelmar
07-12-2017, 03:31 AM
I admire that Wade is committed to his faith. Has anyone heard if there are issues with him playing in a Sunday game? Doesn't happen often, but there were a couple last year. I'd respect him either way, but didn't know with BYU not playing on Sundays.

Such a decision would make national news and get 1,000% support here.

kitzbuel
07-12-2017, 03:39 AM
I suspect it will not be an issue. Many, many Mormons play top level sports, even at the NCAA level.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

jazzdelmar
07-12-2017, 03:49 AM
Fond memories of Koo-Foo, the greatest pitcher there ever was.

bartruff1
07-12-2017, 04:28 AM
I suspect it will not be an issue. Many, many Mormons play top level sports, even at the NCAA level.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I knew Jonny Miller at Silverado and he practiced and played on nearly every Sunday, he said it was up to the individual.....I can think of dozens if not hundreds of Mormon athletes that played on Sunday in the NFL, NBA, PGA and also in College sports....

Worry is interest on a debt not owed..

Coach Crazy
07-12-2017, 05:46 AM
I knew Jonny Miller at Silverado and he practiced and played on nearly every Sunday, he said it was up to the individual.....I can think of dozens if not hundreds of Mormon athletes that played on Sunday in the NFL, NBA, PGA and also in College sports....

Worry is interest on a debt not owed..

It's individual. There is counsel on it, and I personally would not.

GoZags
07-12-2017, 05:57 AM

My all time favorite ... to this day.

hooter73
07-12-2017, 07:49 AM
Innocent and speculative question. There is no incorrect answer at this time. Who will score more points (average per game) this year: Rui or Jesse? Who will have the biggest impact this year? Rui or Jesse? my guess: 8 points for Rui; 6ppg for Jesse. BTW, I think both will be impact players.

With no disrespect and not trying to inflate the legends any more, I think both those estimations are off by about half.

jazzdelmar
07-12-2017, 08:11 AM
My all time favorite ... to this day.

And one heck of a basketball player......Lafayette HS in Brooklyn....U of Cincy

bartruff1
07-12-2017, 09:55 AM
It's individual. There is counsel on it, and I personally would not.

You obviously would never have been a professional golfer....that is their goal. to play on Sunday....that is payday...and Miller and Casper were two who played very well on Sunday... :)

MontanaCoyote
07-12-2017, 02:13 PM
You obviously would never have been a professional golfer....that is their goal. to play on Sunday....that is payday...and Miller and Casper were two who played very well on Sunday... :)

Steve Young, 49ers, good as gold on Sunday's!

soccerdud
07-12-2017, 06:36 PM

stole my thunder.

DixieZag
07-12-2017, 08:04 PM

Had the privilege of seeing him play live once, in his absolute prime, the Super Bowl season in 94-95. Boy, was he fun to watch.

ZAG 4 LIFE
07-12-2017, 09:48 PM

Amen to that Jazz... my dad took me to see my first big league game in '65, on my birthday
when I was just a wee lad, and of course Sandy was on the bump for the Dodgers. The
G.O.A.T. pitched a Two hitter that day and Tommie Davis hit two big flies in a 6-1 L.A. Win.
Sandy K is Still the best I've ever seen.

sittingon50
07-12-2017, 11:30 PM
Well to continue the OT, as a LHP myself & as a Yankee fan in the early 60's it was Edward Charles Ford for me. Took Koufax a few years to figure things out.

Am a Dodger fan now, thanks to my exposure to the late 60's, very early 70's Spokane Indians.

TexasZagFan
07-13-2017, 04:37 AM
Amen to that Jazz... my dad took me to see my first big league game in '65, on my birthday
when I was just a wee lad, and of course Sandy was on the bump for the Dodgers. The
G.O.A.T. pitched a Two hitter that day and Tommie Davis hit two big flies in a 6-1 L.A. Win.

No disagreement here. I saw him pitch against the Giants at Candlestick, circa June 1963. It was a night game, the fog was rolling in, and it was bone chilling cold. It was a mismatch, and a Koufax two or three hit shutout.

For my money, Catfish Hunter was the greatest money pitcher I ever saw. In big games, he almost always pitched just well enough to win. I can't pin down a percentage, but a large number of his complete games took two hours or less. He took great pride in his hitting in the pre-DH era, had several years where he hit .300 or better.

ETA: apologies for the hijack.

Is Jesse on campus?

jazzdelmar
07-13-2017, 05:38 AM

Ironically, both Sandy and TD were from Brooklyn (Lafayette and Boys high schools) and so, I sadly recount, were the Dodgers.

bigblahla
07-13-2017, 06:09 AM
Ironically, both Sandy and TD were from Brooklyn (Lafayette and Boys high schools) and so, I sadly recount, were the Dodgers.

I grew up loving "Dem Bums"

Go!! Zags!!!

jazzdelmar
07-13-2017, 06:17 AM
I grew up loving "Dem Bums"

Go!! Zags!!!

The creation of the great cartoonist Willard Mullin.......wait til next year.....

http://www.bobstaake.com/willardmullin/mullin_illustration.html

bartruff1
07-13-2017, 06:26 AM
Well, Whitey is in the HOF and his record speaks for itself.....and I was a Yankee Fan....but...he also had Mantle, Maris, Berra, Howard, Blanchard, Skowron ect .......and that center field in Yankee Stadium ......

I don't care what the records are, when you saw Sandy take them on , you knew he was the best....Fran would have loved him...

willandi
07-13-2017, 06:29 AM
My first game was St Louis and Stan Musial in 1954. Cardinals have been my National league team since then. ..so I have to throw in Gibson as one of the best ever pitchers.

GoZags
07-13-2017, 06:45 AM
No disagreement here. I saw him pitch against the Giants at Candlestick, circa June 1963. It was a night game, the fog was rolling in, and it was bone chilling cold. It was a mismatch, and a Koufax two or three hit shutout.

For my money, Catfish Hunter was the greatest money pitcher I ever saw. In big games, he almost always pitched just well enough to win. I can't pin down a percentage, but a large number of his complete games took two hours or less. He took great pride in his hitting in the pre-DH era, had several years where he hit .300 or better.

ETA: apologies for the hijack.

Is Jesse on campus?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SFN/SFN196306170.shtml

One more thing to add to my baseball highlights/milestones ... i.e. was there for Reggie Jackson's 500th (off a guy I know very well .... my Gonzaga roommate's minor league roommate) ... was there for Gaylord Perry's 300th win ... and now, it appears my dad, uncle, cousin and I were at the yard with a young TZF and family to witness this Koufax gem .... small world (and hope you weren't the family I spilled my popcorn on).

IowaSERE
07-14-2017, 12:49 PM
Jesse Wade plays baseball too? Checked the thread to read about Jesse and saw MLB info. I could see him playing 2nd base.

sittingon50
07-14-2017, 01:24 PM
I think he has a bit more hockey background SERE, eh?

IowaSERE
07-14-2017, 02:42 PM
I think he has a bit more hockey background SERE, eh?

He's from Utah not Canada right?

MDABE80
07-14-2017, 02:51 PM

One more thing to add to my baseball highlights/milestones ... i.e. was there for Reggie Jackson's 500th (off a guy I know very well .... my Gonzaga roommate's minor league roommate) ... was there for Gaylord Perry's 300th win ... and now, it appears my dad, uncle, cousin and I were at the yard with a young TZF and family to witness this Koufax gem .... small world (and hope you weren't the family I spilled my popcorn on).

Those were amazing days. Tons better than now. Maury Wills played in Spokane for the Indians and when he was called up he kept his home in Spokane. His sons especially "Bump" was a very good athlete as well. Victor J Felice (RIP Vic) was Maury's lawyer. Vic's son played with me at prop. One day, The son called and asked if we might be going to see my grandparents...........Dad said we were so we went to LA. My friend was going to spend 2 weeks with Maury which he did.
So off er went in the 63 Corvair. When we ot there, my friend was to be dropped off at Chavez Ravine ( the name of Dodger Stadium in 1964).

So when we arrived for the day and the game, I end up out on the field shagging flys. So Sandy need someone to "catch " him and get him warm. I volunteered. Felt like fire in my catcher's mitt. He was an incredibly hard throw with a light ball. Drysdale was a very big man. His pitches were heavy. Knock me on my butt almost every time. Power like none other. Koufax threw at 95 mph but I could catch him and he threw a different type..fast with a quick ZIP to it. Drysdale just threw hard and overpowered.
So we went back and played Legion. Fun life as a young kid. Everything looked so fun back then.

sittingon50
07-14-2017, 08:01 PM
He's from Utah not Canada right?

My whiff, SERE. Thought we were talking about Pangos. Reading comprehension?:doh:

Bogozags
07-15-2017, 02:36 AM
Those were amazing days. Tons better than now. Maury Wills played in Spokane for the Indians and when he was called up he kept his home in Spokane. His sons especially "Bump" was a very good athlete as well. Victor J Felice (RIP Vic) was Maury's lawyer. Vic's son played with me at prop. One day, The son called and asked if we might be going to see my grandparents...........Dad said we were so we went to LA. My friend was going to spend 2 weeks with Maury which he did.
So off er went in the 63 Corvair. When we ot there, my friend was to be dropped off at Chavez Ravine ( the name of Dodger Stadium in 1964).

So when we arrived for the day and the game, I end up out on the field shagging flys. So Sandy need someone to "catch " him and get him warm. I volunteered. Felt like fire in my catcher's mitt. He was an incredibly hard throw with a light ball. Drysdale was a very big man. His pitches were heavy. Knock me on my butt almost every time. Power like none other. Koufax threw at 95 mph but I could catch him and he threw a different type..fast with a quick ZIP to it. Drysdale just threw hard and overpowered.
So we went back and played Legion. Fun life as a young kid. Everything looked so fun back then.

THANKS for sharing such an interesting story...life was so much more simpler back then...again, THANKS Doc!

TexasZagFan
07-15-2017, 06:07 AM

The good old days, awesome memories.

Shagging balls for Tommy Davis at 49ers training camp in Moraga, smuggling ice chips (in towels) to the players, conversing with John David Crow after practice. Getting YA Tittle's and Bob St. Clair's autograph on the same 3x5 card.

Seeing Willie Mays' 400th homer at Candlestick, while wearing the uniform I got for my birthday, complete with 24 on the back.

Attending a benefit game at an Oakland HS, getting Willie Stargell and Vada Pinson's autograph.

Now I hope to create similar memories in Spokane next week, for my son and grandson. Isn't life grand?

TexasZagFan
07-15-2017, 06:13 AM

Wasn't us...my dad wouldn't have noticed anyway. He went to the flask early in the third inning, to "ward off the cold." :lmao:

Crazy, but whenever I hear the song "Stranger on the Shore" by Mr. Acker Bilk, it takes me back to those days, rare moments I spent with my dad. Unless it was raining, he had the top down in his convertible, with the radio tuned to KFOG-FM.

MDABE80
07-15-2017, 10:43 AM
Wasn't us...my dad wouldn't have noticed anyway. He went to the flask early in the third inning, to "ward off the cold." :lmao:

Crazy, but whenever I hear the song "Stranger on the Shore" by Mr. Acker Bilk, it takes me back to those days, rare moments I spent with my dad. Unless it was raining, he had the top down in his convertible, with the radio tuned to KFOG-FM.

Amazing memories. But Acker Bilk??? lolol.. Nice.

BobZag
07-15-2017, 10:53 AM
My father tried convincing Bump and Barry to attend and play for East Valley but the bigger Central Valley got them. The Wills lived up Campbell Road in Canfield Gulch.

Zagceo
07-15-2017, 11:53 AM
My first pro baseball game...July 27, 1969.....family + set of Aunts and Uncles from midwest in town ....needless to say we stayed at Sick's for all 5:52

Boston 5 Seattle 3 (https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SE1/SE1196907270.shtml)

don't see Wade getting enough minutes to make first team WCC IMO

MDABE80
07-15-2017, 12:15 PM
WADE! We sorta left that topic behind. As I have said in the past, he'll get lots of minutes at the PG. No defense ( or very little) in the scrimmages. He surely handles the ball well and shoots well. Which brings up another topic. How good will we be defensively? Surely defense saved us last year.

bigblahla
07-16-2017, 05:43 AM
I saw Rod Carew get his 3000th in Anaheim....

When I was 12 ....remember that "50"....long time ago... I met Walter Alston, Peter O' Malley Jr., Preston (Pedro) Gomez, Tommy Lasorda

my highlight batting against major league pitcher Jack Spring at 12 and getting a hit....he had friends in Colville where "50" and I grew up, he wandered down to the Little league park on a summers day where I usually spent every day in the summer after chores...pitched from 2nd base and he wasn't throwing change-ups...damn I wish baseball didn't end for me in little league...loved the game and I was pretty good at it....then round ball became my game....ahhhhh memories... :D

Go!! Zags!!!

jazzdelmar
07-16-2017, 08:57 AM
I saw Jack Roosevelt Robinson play in person at Ebbets.
I sat next to Gilbert Ray Hodges at midnight mass.
Mic drop. :D

SLOZag
07-16-2017, 10:05 AM
I am soooo enjoying reading this thread that I want to suggest the moderators change its title. Lose the reference to Jesse and Fran. How about ... [drum roll] ...

Geezers Remember Baseball Moments (and share them!)

Radbooks
07-16-2017, 11:08 AM
I am soooo enjoying reading this thread that I want to suggest the moderators change its title. Lose the reference to Jesse and Fran. How about ... [drum roll] ...

Geezers Remember Baseball Moments (and share them!)

+1

bartruff1
07-16-2017, 11:13 AM
I like the one titled " Please Stick to the Subject of the Thread..." that certainly put a end to thread drift once and for all...:D

Birddog
07-16-2017, 11:23 AM
I like the one titled " Please Stick to the Subject of the Thread..." that certainly put a end to thread drift once and for all...:D

Teenagers!

ZagNative
07-16-2017, 11:37 AM
Pitiful...

jazzdelmar
07-16-2017, 01:41 PM
Get off our lawns! ;)