PDA

View Full Version : Why Mark Few hasn't watched the Final Four

Section 116
07-03-2017, 07:23 PM
This is not what you think. Or what I thought. The reason he hasn't watched it is because when he finally did decide to watch it he discovered his wife and kids filled his DVR with Disney, Modern Family and more! From Gary Parrish at CBS:

So about a month ago, on a random night, a day before he and his family were set to leave for vacation, he decided to watch the title game. The entire Final Four, in fact. First the win over South Carolina in the national semifinals. Then the loss to North Carolina.
"There was nothing going on. I had a couple of beers. So I'm like, 'I think I'm going to watch those games,'" Few said. "So I go to pull them up on the DVR and Marcy, my wife, has ... deleted everything. My daughter has 47 episodes of a Disney show on there. One of my sons is totally addicted to Modern Family. So there are 57 Modern Family episodes on the DVR. And Seinfeld. The Voice. Everything. And I'm like, 'You deleted my greatest professional achievement, after 30 years in the business, my greatest professional moment for 47 Disney episodes? What were you thinking?' It was a total WTF moment."

Link: http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/will-somebody-please-get-gonzagas-mark-few-a-copy-of-the-national-title-game/

ZagNative
07-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Funny!

Zags_Fanatic
07-03-2017, 10:14 PM
Send him this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7cHCao-pIYDNE54X0t0MEVfNEE/view

Zagceo
07-03-2017, 10:27 PM
Send him this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7cHCao-pIYDNE54X0t0MEVfNEE/view

Does that delete 47 eps of disney and 57 eps of modern family from his DVR?

Zags_Fanatic
07-03-2017, 10:37 PM
Does that delete 47 eps of disney and 57 eps of modern family from his DVR?

That link looks really sketchy, but it actually is the entire NC game and it's downloadable if anyone wants a digital copy for posterity.

HRZag
07-04-2017, 06:06 AM
Hey Mark, I am sure you read the board. I still have all our tournament games on my DVR and beer in the fridge. You are welcome to come over and watch any time. Go Zags.

Ekrub
07-04-2017, 08:38 AM
I haven't watched the championship game either. Don't know if I ever will. Even though we lost - don't know if I've ever had more fun at a sporting event. Don't really want to tarnish that memory by seeing a close up of the Zach Collins offensive foul

krozman
07-04-2017, 09:04 AM
In other news, Mark Few will get 30 burned copies of the final 4 games anonymously sent to his address.

CodeCobalt
07-04-2017, 11:32 AM
I'll take copies of any games anyone has!

CDC84
07-04-2017, 10:21 PM
I hate DVR's. When will they invent one with unlimited storage space!

Hooray4Daye&Gray
07-05-2017, 08:10 AM
Anyone have a link to the South Carolina game? That's the one I'd want for posterity - not the UNC game.

JIMMYMACINCDA
07-05-2017, 08:58 PM
I actually posted the same offer on FB along with a link and a friend of mine sent me the screenshot of her texting the offer to Coach Few :)

CodeCobalt
07-06-2017, 02:48 AM
Anyone have a link to the South Carolina game? That's the one I'd want for posterity - not the UNC game.

Nope. So frustrating, I'm willing to pay to rewatch the game but legally it is just not a possibility. NCAA is really missing out there IMO.

Thanks for letting me rewatch the NC game. I had to work and while we were slow enough for me to stream it on my phone and keep updated, my coworkers gathered around my phone and were so negative, worst viewing experience ever! So getting to rewatch it, even knowing we lost was a real pleasure. We contended with national Champion just fine.

Zaggin' it
07-06-2017, 05:26 AM
Nope. So frustrating, I'm willing to pay to rewatch the game but legally it is just not a possibility. NCAA is really missing out there IMO.

Thanks for letting me rewatch the NC game. I had to work and while we were slow enough for me to stream it on my phone and keep updated, my coworkers gathered around my phone and were so negative, worst viewing experience ever! So getting to rewatch it, even knowing we lost was a real pleasure. We contended with national Champion just fine.

If you monitor the CBS Sports Network over the summer, they will usually at some point replay every game of that year's NCAA tournament. Not sure if they've already done it or if it's upcoming, but they've done it every year for a while. I would just search for Gonzaga in the programming guide and it should pop up if it's on the upcoming programming calendar.

jazzdelmar
07-06-2017, 07:27 AM
I hate DVR's. When will they invent one with unlimited storage space!

You should watch Silicon Valley on HBO, that's the premise of the whole series.