PDA

View Full Version : OT: GU Makes Another Top Ten List

Angelo Roncalli
10-22-2007, 08:18 AM
OK...it's not for basketball...or any other sport.

The top 10 college admissions web sites.

#7 out of 3,087.

The group's ninth annual Enrollment Power Index (EPI), a research-based analysis, rates how well the functionality and design of college and university web sites take potential students from prospects to applicants.

Of the 3,087 postsecondary institutions whose sites were graded, fewer than 30 percent earned "A" or "B" grades. The top 10 rated schools were: (1) Lawrence University, Wis.; (2) Pennsylvania College of Technology; (3) LeTourneau University, Texas; (4) University of New England, Maine; (5) Bellarmine University, Ky.; (6) Wayne State University, Mich.; (7) Gonzaga University, Wash.; (8) Saint Vincent College and Seminary, Pa.; (9) Lakeland College, Wis.; and (10) Newberry College, S.C.

http://www.eschoolnews.com/news/showStory.cfm?ArticleID=7439

WCCDog
10-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Wow...right there with the likes of Wayne State...I've never been so proud..

GoZags
10-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Good point.

The shame of being ranked in the Top 10 (out of over 3,000 U.S. Colleges and Universities by a renowned organization who's mission statement is: "Creating a brighter future for America's youth, with integrity... through a unique process that captures and shares educational and career aspirations...one dream at a time."

LynetteG
10-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Wow...right there with the likes of Wayne State...I've never been so proud..

Absolutely nothing wrong with Wayne State in Detroit. Care to elaborate?

montanazag88
10-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Easy to let this one ride, but....one the finer points of Gonzaga's success as a basketball powerhouse (this is a b-ball thread normally) is the simple fact this small northwest private school with a tiny enrollment, relatively speaking, has managed to increase it's academic standards over the years and yet find a way to increase it's enrollment significantly. Enrollment only goes up when students actually commit. To be number 7 in the nation on web-based recruiting is excellent...to do this and continue to build on it's b-ball excellence is enviable. Before coughing up a lung for tuition, students will investigate schools to no end...these schools understand they can't lose the brightest to a competing web site before they even meet them. GU and the likes of Wayne State understand this all too well. I hope it continues...quality students and therefore quality alumni have as much to do with the school's basketball success as any other factor. For me, I find it a pleasure to be reminded of the academic excellence amidst the tidal wave of hoops info. Nice placement, Angelo.