PDA

View Full Version : Rui

thebigsmoove
06-27-2017, 12:55 PM
NBADraftProspects‏ @draftprosnba Jun 26
More
Gonzaga's Rui Hachimura just dropped 35 on Germany's U19 in a friendly match. Was 4-6 for 3, also grabbed 10 boards. Japan still lost by 19.

My Goodness.

thebigsmoove
06-27-2017, 12:56 PM
Yoko Miyaji‏ @YokoMiyajiE 2h2 hours ago
More
In 2nd tune-up game vs U19 Germany, Rui Hachimura had 23P 9R & 3A. Japan lost the game 66-82.
http://live.fibaeurope.com/www/Game.aspx?acc=3&gameID=116698&lng=de …

Apparently hes 7-11 from three in both games.

thebigsmoove
06-27-2017, 01:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DC_wnJwV0AAgFJx.jpg:large

Worthington
06-27-2017, 01:04 PM
Putting up these numbers with amazing efficiency as well. Gotta imagine Germany has been throwing lots of double teams his way also. Consider me stoked to watch him next season!

thebigsmoove
06-27-2017, 01:08 PM
Looks like there will be a live broadcast of Spain vs Japan on July 1st on their website:

http://www.fiba.com/world/u19/2017/videos/Japan-v-Spain-Live-FIBA-U19-Basketball-World-Cup-2017

ZagMan in Philly
06-27-2017, 01:11 PM
I heard Tommy said that they are going to let him loose, and our 3 headed monster (Williams and Tillie) will take us for another ride.

https://twitter.com/heinnews?lang=en

Coach Crazy
06-27-2017, 01:16 PM
I heard Tommy said that they are going to let him loose, and our 3 headed monster (Williams and Tillie) will take us for another ride.

If he has a Tillie-type year from 3, in terms efficiency from his skill set. That's going to be big for this group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebigsmoove
06-27-2017, 01:23 PM
I know Tillie is playing for France in the U19, is Ayayi on that roster too?

thebigsmoove
06-27-2017, 01:30 PM
I know Tillie is playing for France in the U19, is Ayayi on that roster too?

Doesnt Appear so...

http://www.ffbb.com/equipe-de-france-u19-masculin-campagne-2017

Zag_Dad
06-27-2017, 01:51 PM
Yoko Miyaji‏ @YokoMiyajiE 2h2 hours ago
More
In 2nd tune-up game vs U19 Germany, Rui Hachimura had 23P 9R & 3A. Japan lost the game 66-82.
http://live.fibaeurope.com/www/Game.aspx?acc=3&gameID=116698&lng=de

Apparently hes 7-11 from three in both games.

Any idea what position he's playing for the U-19 Japan team? From what I read, his difficult transition last year was not as much about language as it was playing a new position. In Japan he plays Center but for Gonzaga he's a 3 or 4. I love his numbers but hope it isn't an illusion.

sittingon50
06-27-2017, 01:59 PM
Any idea what position he's playing for the U-19 Japan team? From what I read, his difficult transition last year was not as much about language as it was playing a new position. In Japan he plays Center but for Gonzaga he's a 3 or 4. I love his numbers but hope it isn't an illusion.

Don't know what position but with the # of 3's he's gotten up he may well be their Stretch 5.

willandi
06-27-2017, 03:37 PM

Don't know what position but with the # of 3's he's gotten up he may well be their Stretch 5.

Listed as a center even though there is a 6'8" guy also on the team.

tyra
06-27-2017, 07:57 PM
I'm one of those who is quite concerned about the depth in the front court this season. But if Rui can backstop us at the 4 (as well as play the 3), my comfort level goes up quite a bit.

thebigsmoove
06-28-2017, 04:20 AM
I'm one of those who is quite concerned about the depth in the front court this season. But if Rui can backstop us at the 4 (as well as play the 3), my comfort level goes up quite a bit.

With Tillie, Williams, Rui, and Larsen i think we will be just fine. I think the staff is looking to let Larsen and Rui carve out some minutes.

JAGzag
06-28-2017, 05:13 AM
With Tillie, Williams, Rui, and Larsen i think we will be just fine. I think the staff is looking to let Larsen and Rui carve out some minutes.

We've heard nothing on Larsen. HUGE question mark in my mind for a guy that seems to be injured and has as yet to play a minute of D-1 ball. I hope he's the next great big for the Zags...but we are thin down low if he doesn't contribute in a big way this year.

thebigsmoove
06-28-2017, 05:34 AM
We've heard nothing on Larsen. HUGE question mark in my mind for a guy that seems to be injured and has as yet to play a minute of D-1 ball. I hope he's the next great big for the Zags...but we are thin down low if he doesn't contribute in a big way this year.

True, but also not telling considering the staff keeps injury news close to the vest. Most accounts were that Larsen was one of the better bigs we had going into last year prior to his injury.

sittingon50
06-28-2017, 09:30 AM

Caught a piece on the late Spokane news last night (KREM) & the sportscaster (who's name has escaped me) was doing a piece on the Zags for the coming year. Appeared he taped the various interviews down at Hoopfest. In it, both J3 & JP were singing Larsen's praises.

Coach Crazy
06-28-2017, 10:04 AM
Caught a piece on the late Spokane news last night (KREM) & the sportscaster (who's name has escaped me) was doing a piece on the Zags for the coming year. Appeared he taped the various interviews down at Hoopfest. In it, both J3 & JP were singing Larsen's praises.

I mean even the way he got hurt should be indicative of what type of player he can be.

soccerdud
06-28-2017, 10:30 AM
I mean even the way he got hurt should be indicative of what type of player he can be.

sorry, but can you elaborate on this?

jchocolate99
06-28-2017, 11:20 AM
sorry, but can you elaborate on this?

He hurt himself when he was at the top of the key and went to dunk in a crowd and hurt his knee after the dunk... That shows a big that is very athletic and from all accounts he's a very good shooter as well... People just need to relax with Larsen and let him heal... when the staff says he's ready he'll start practicing. I mean I do remember hearing an account that he was actually ahead of Tillie before the injury.

thebigsmoove
06-28-2017, 12:33 PM
I do remember hearing an account that he was actually ahead of Tillie before the injury.

Yes, that is what was being said. I think Larsen will emerge as a key contributor this year.

Coach Crazy
06-28-2017, 12:54 PM
He hurt himself when he was at the top of the key and went to dunk in a crowd and hurt his knee after the dunk... That shows a big that is very athletic and from all accounts he's a very good shooter as well... People just need to relax with Larsen and let him heal... when the staff says he's ready he'll start practicing. I mean I do remember hearing an account that he was actually ahead of Tillie before the injury.

Yep. Ready to see this kid play.

soccerdud
06-28-2017, 01:36 PM

thanks much for the explanation. :)

i was already pretty high on him, but i had somehow missed that story. definitely looking forward to seeing him play.

doctorzag
06-28-2017, 04:06 PM
Larsen was the MVP and leading scorer in the Fiba 16U European championship. This tournament had Lauri Markkanen playing for Finland but Larsen dominated and beat Markkanen and Finland in the gold medal game. Just saying that Larsen is expected to be a star in NCAA . Looking forward to seeing a healthy Larsen contribute big time to this years team.

GoZags
06-28-2017, 04:23 PM
Larsen was the MVP and leading scorer in the Fiba 16U European championship. This tournament had Lauri Markkanen playing for Finland but Larsen dominated and beat Markkanen and Finland in the gold medal game. Just saying that Larsen is expected to be a star in NCAA . Looking forward to seeing a healthy Larsen contribute big time to this years team.

http://www.fibaeurope.com/compID_YUjW-7-FJ,kK9s431Lyr41.season_2013.roundID_9442.teamID_27 1.playerID_99865.html
http://www.fibaeurope.com/compID_YUjW-7-FJ,kK9s431Lyr41.season_2013.roundID_9442.coid_0CgZ Di7yIH2JX,k16MRfD3.articleMode_on.html

DixieZag
06-28-2017, 05:34 PM

Oh.

Well, that ought to not put a ton of pressure on the kid. :)

I didn't know that. Thx, makes me feel pretty good, hope he's healthy.

JAGzag
06-28-2017, 05:57 PM

In 2013? Look, no doubt the kid has talent...but usually by this time we hear how he's doing but every practice he's sitting and scrimmage . That's all. Would love to hear how and IF he's developing.

bballbeachbum
06-29-2017, 06:43 AM

https://twitter.com/heinnews?lang=en

that sounds fun! interested to see where GU looks to get him the ball, what sets they run for him. JWIII on that low block, he likes that left one I think, Tillie weakside slasher, Rui...nice front line

bballbeachbum
06-29-2017, 06:44 AM
and Larsen...haven't even seen him yet

MDABE80
06-29-2017, 12:09 PM
If Rui performs this well for us in the upcoming year AND J3 does what he can do AND Tillie fulfills his potential we have a great chance of getting to the E8.
Our guards are good. PG still a concern. Wings? Not tested yet. Kispert and Norvelle are new to D1 games. Experience matters.

Coach Crazy
06-29-2017, 01:00 PM
If Rui performs this well for us in the upcoming year AND J3 does what he can do AND Tillie fulfills his potential we have a great chance of getting to the E8.
Our guards are good. PG still a concern. Wings? Not tested yet. Kispert and Norvelle are new to D1 games. Experience matters.

As hard as I have been on Corey, he's going to fit in with what is needed. He and Zack are going to be a really sucky experience to defend. This two in transition together are going to equal a lot of posterizes. Zach would have been one of the best players on the court had he been recovered. We probably win the whole thing.

Not worried about PG. JP and Wade will be a nice combo, and we have some good off-ball distributors/facilitators.

ZagMan in Philly
06-29-2017, 01:42 PM
As hard as I have been on Corey, he's going to fit in with what is needed. He and Zack are going to be a really sucky experience to defend. This two in transition together are going to equal a lot of posterizes. Zach would have been one of the best players on the court had he been recovered. We probably win the whole thing.

Not worried about PG. JP and Wade will be a nice combo, and we have some good off-ball distributors/facilitators.

Coach, Win the whole thing? I like your thinking, and the look of our team, more so if Larsen is healthy.