• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quadcityzag
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

Jalen Coleman Lands?

If you want to delete this thread and put any updates under the graduate transfer thread, that would be fine with me. But I was just curious if there are any reports, news or evidence that Jalen Coleman Lands was visiting campus this past weekend. There are a bunch of posts of how he would fit right in, this and that but haven't heard anything if he was spotted or actually was in town for hoopfest over the weekend. Whats the latest info?
  • SLOZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by quadcityzag View Post
    If you want to delete this thread and put any updates under the graduate transfer thread, that would be fine with me. But I was just curious if there are any reports, news or evidence that Jalen Coleman Lands was visiting campus this past weekend. There are a bunch of posts of how he would fit right in, this and that but haven't heard anything if he was spotted or actually was in town for hoopfest over the weekend. Whats the latest info?
    The following tweet was sent out by Jeff Rabjohns (@JeffRabjohns) the morning of June 24: "Former Cathedral/La Lumiere guard Jalen Coleman-Lands, transferring from Illinois, is visiting Gonzaga this weekend."

Perhaps twitter jocks on this Board can pursue that tweet for an answer to your question.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• thebigsmoove
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

Looks like he visited DePaul early june and Xavier mid June. Will be interesting to see if he actually is cool with the depth we have at Guard already.

Comment

• Spokaneer
        Bulldog Fan
        • Dec 2007

Jalen Coleman Lands?

Originally posted by quadcityzag View Post

I'm good with the guards we have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Coach Crazy
          • Apr 2011

With Josh and Silas being seniors, I am all for a kid like this. As long as he understands what his role and opportunity would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• sittingon50
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Josh is RS Jr.
            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Coach Crazy
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
              Josh is RS Jr.
              Oh, duh. My bad.

Comment

• doctorzag
                Banned
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Coach Crazy View Post
                With Josh and Silas being seniors, I am all for a kid like this. As long as he understands what his role and opportunity would be.

Coleman- Lands would have to sit out a year so Melson will not even be on the team when he is eligible.

Comment

• thebigsmoove
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

for some reason i think a lot of people thought he was a grad transfer, He is not. He is going to be a redshirt junior in 2018-19, and redshirt senior in 2019-20.

Comment

• Coach Crazy
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by doctorzag View Post
                    Coleman- Lands would have to sit out a year so Melson will not even be on the team when he is eligible.
                    Right. He wouldn't have a place this year. With Silas gone that would leave a spot open, provided it was not awarded to someone else.

If he was a grad transfer, it really wouldn't make sense.

Comment

• btzag
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Feb 2007

Well there are plenty of open schollies both years. But I really like the idea of an older and more physically developed guard to go along with Wade, Ayayi and Norvell in 2018. Perkins of course would be the leader and vet but who knows if he chooses to go pro after this year whether NBA or Europe? Plenty of opportunity here for Jalen and a great staff to develop him!

Comment

• Mantua
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

Sophomore Jalen Coleman-Lands has broken his shooting hand and is expected to miss eight weeks. The guard could be rusty when he returns to the court.

What year did he redshirt?

He's had a couple of injuries and his coach was fired. All things considered he looks like a pretty good player who hasn't reached his potential.
                        Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• DukeSilver
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Spokaneer View Post
                          I'm good with the guards we have.
                          I'm personally ready to welcome a former top-40 guard with two years of eligibility remaining with open arms ... A year of training with Travis Knight and getting used to the system / scrimmaging with the team should go a long ways towards realizing his potential here at GU.

Comment

• Mantua
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by DukeSilver View Post
                            I'm personally ready to welcome a former top-40 guard with two years of eligibility remaining with open arms ... A year of training with Travis Knight and getting used to the system / scrimmaging with the team should go a long ways towards realizing his potential here at GU.
                            I completely agree. I like what this article says about his background and character.

Illinois sophomore Jalen Coleman-Lands is among Big Ten’s best shooters — and a kind-hearted entrepreneur off the court.
                            Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by btzag View Post
                              Well there are plenty of open schollies both years. But I really like the idea of an older and more physically developed guard to go along with Wade, Ayayi and Norvell in 2018. Perkins of course would be the leader and vet but who knows if he chooses to go pro after this year whether NBA or Europe? Plenty of opportunity here for Jalen and a great staff to develop him!
                              I'm not usually one who looks to the next season, but I'm a bit concerned 2019 is going to be like 2015, where we were down to 7 scholarship players active. I'm confident that Larsen, Norvell, Kispert, Wade, and Ayayi will return. I'm not so certain about Rui, JP, or Tillie returning.

Comment

Working...
                              X