• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

I Just Hope...

...we're not offering a bunch of Keegan Hylands scholarships.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • zagsfanforlife
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
    I referenced that in one of my comments, but be careful as to what you say--- "people might be watching and they may decommit due to postings on this board".

The staff is usually more right than wrong, so i dont think we are offering more than at most 1 Keegan.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2009

Wasn't Keegan offered late in the cycle?

Comment

• cggonzaga
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
        I referenced that in one of my comments, but be careful as to what you say--- "people might be watching and they may decommit due to postings on this board".

The staff is usually more right than wrong, so i dont think we are offering more than at most 1 Keegan.
        It's also unacceptable to have opinions that are negative on said message board. We all know players and parents read this religiously and are swayed by what some armchair quarterbacks have to say about them. I know that would certainly make me question sending my kid to such a place.

Comment

• GrizZAG
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2009

I'd blow this one up if I were an administrator...ZAP...Gone
          One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• seacatfan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2014

That was...an interesting time during GU's journey. There were as many whiffs as successes on players during a 2 or 3 year period. I simply can't see the staff reverting to recruiting players like that after all of the recent success and trend of recruits and transfers they've been bringing in.

Comment

• ZagNative
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

What an adorable thread .... Pissers and Moaners about our inept coaching staff find a home on GU boards. Just so sweet ...

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
                Now you say something? After days of slings and arrows........

Comment

• Radbooks
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                  What an adorable thread .... Pissers and Moaners about our inept coaching staff find a home on GU boards. Just so sweet ...
                  Yeah, it makes me sad to see stuff like this. I remind myself to just stay away from the board but I miss the good stuff!!
                  “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• bartruff1
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2010

clickbait

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post

I think it was the Jackson 5 who sang:

One Keegan Hyland don't spoil
                      The whole bunch, girl
                      Give it one more time
                      Before you give up on the Zags, girl.

Comment

• soccerdud
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                        i can totally hear the gnashing of your teeth from here...

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2008

It seems that people thought that Zags recruiting after the Championship game appearance would work something like this:

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                            Zag for Life
                            • Aug 2012

I do not see the keegan hyland scholarship being anything near recent offers to Watson, ravet and vankomen.
                            I forget what year it was, but the perceived weakness of the team was going to be its outside shooting, and the zags had a scholarship to burn so they took a flyer on hyland, who was supposed to be a long range sniper. And yes it was a very late in the year offer, hyland had missed his senior year due to an injury and was under everyone's radar. We know the rest, in practice he suffers a concussion and never steps onto the floor for the zags.

While i take issue with the reference of similarity between hyland and Watson, ravet and vankomen. I think I do take take Bob's reference. That we have 2 new accepted offers to players who are off the grid so to speak (thus far) and have no power 5 conference competing offers. Time would only have told the tale on that point, but I highly suspect after even one more year of h.s. ball and both Watson and ravet would be reeling in the offers.

someone already mentions this, and a good point. the team has 13 scholarships, almost seems wise and prudent to use a couple a year on the potential diamond in the rough, and hope for the best, and if not maybe you find a great glue guy, or needed depth, or good practice players.

I'm not worried, I think we are going to be okay.

Comment

• MDABE80
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

No worries Bob......it won't be. Few took the best available. If they prove themselves, they play. If not, they won't play. No need for whining from the peanut gallery. I agree with GRIZ. Why take a straightforward BobZag thread to new lows by veering off in to a "freedom of speech" type series of comments by the usual types.

Comment

Working...
                              X