• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doctorzag
    Banned
    • Feb 2009

Brock Ravet Commits to Gonzaga

Brock led the state of Washington in scoring as a freshman. Won state title as soph. Dad is a coach and he is a Zag fan. Zags are on him and he could be our second 2019 commit.
  • ZagMan in Philly
    Zag for Life
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by doctorzag View Post
    Brock led the state of Washington in scoring as a freshman. Won state title as soph. Dad is a coach and he is a Zag fan. Zags are on him and he could be our second 2019 commit.
    A heck of a free throw shooter...

Comment

• soccerdud
      Zag for Life
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
      'twas cool getting our first Mickey D's AA out of high school. getting a Naismith Hall of Famer out of high school seems like the logical next step.

watched a couple of highlight vids and he has an unorthodox but very effective shot. same story with his handles. can and will pull up from anywhere but no idea if he can make space and get his shot off (low release point) against next level athletes or if he will even be a high-major quality prospect. that being said, he's sure fun to watch and appears pretty dominant at this level.
      Last edited by soccerdud; 06-21-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• cggonzaga
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2007

Hmmmm. I saw both Floyd's play in B tournament and they were much better than this kid. It's so hard to tell with lower classifications as the competition just isn't there. I could maybe see him as a walk on. Any link or anything regarding where your information came from as to us being on him?

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
          Zag for Life
          • Apr 2007

he got some range on his jump shots
          Evaluate Brock Ravet's men's basketball recruiting profile. Learn how this Kittitas Secondary School student is connecting with coaches in WA and nationwide.

Comment

• doctorzag
            Banned
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
            Hmmmm. I saw both Floyd's play in B tournament and they were much better than this kid. It's so hard to tell with lower classifications as the competition just isn't there. I could maybe see him as a walk on. Any link or anything regarding where your information came from as to us being on him?
            Its on Scout as well as many other stories you can google. I need to learn how to link.

Comment

• demian
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Feb 2007

what classification was David Pendergrafts Brewster High School team? Was Brewster HS a Class A or Class B team when Pendo played there? Kittitas HS is a Class B school. I would just be curious. Because if Pendo played at a Class B school then I would say if your good your good it doesn't matter what classification you play at because David Pendergraft was very good in high school, I saw him play in Yakima his senior season. I was impressed and Pendos Brewster team played against a real good West Valley HS team who was a state tourney placing 3A school (I believe) at the time. So maybe this kid is really good. One of the main things I care about from this point going forward though for our recruits who are guards and wings is can you defend at an elite level and can you stay in front of the guy you are guarding, do you have the foot speed and the toughness to play hellacious man to man defense? You also need to be a "two way player" to be a GU recruit now in my opinion. Have to be a weapon on offense as well as a badass on defense. Those are just my thoughts and wishes for recruits to possess those qualities. If this kid fits both of those criteria as a GU recruit (admittedly I have no clue one way or the other on this kid as I have never seen him play) then I don't care what classification he played at sign him up.

Comment

• doctorzag
                Banned
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by demian View Post
                what classification was David Pendergrafts Brewster High School team? Was Brewster HS a Class A or Class B team when Pendo played there? Kittitas HS is a Class B school. I would just be curious. Because if Pendo played at a Class B school then I would say if your good your good it doesn't matter what classification you play at because David Pendergraft was very good in high school, I saw him play in Yakima his senior season. I was impressed and Pendos Brewster team played against a real good West Valley HS team who was a state tourney placing 3A school (I believe) at the time. So maybe this kid is really good. One of the main things I care about from this point going forward though for our recruits who are guards and wings is can you defend at an elite level and can you stay in front of the guy you are guarding, do you have the foot speed and the toughness to play hellacious man to man defense? You also need to be a "two way player" to be a GU recruit now in my opinion. Have to be a weapon on offense as well as a badass on defense. Those are just my thoughts and wishes for recruits to possess those qualities. If this kid fits both of those criteria as a GU recruit (admittedly I have no clue one way or the other on this kid as I have never seen him play) then I don't care what classification he played at sign him up.
                Kispert only played in 1A which is just a notch above 2B

Comment

• cggonzaga
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

The Floyd's played B at the time. Pretty sure Brewster was 1A when Pendo was there. Kispert played 1A in a good conference. I would suggest there was a big difference in competition between King's and Kittitas this past year. I'm all for if a kid can play a kid can play. I saw at least 6 guards in the GSL this past year that were better than Ravet. Not that he's a bad player because he's not. He can fill it up no question. As of now I just don't see him making it at GU. That's just my opinion.

Comment

• demian
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by doctorzag View Post
                    Kispert only played in 1A which is just a notch above 2B
                    Ok that's actually a good reference of kispert from 1A. Thx for adding that. Maybe Ravet can get it done from a class B school to a big time college hoops program. How would you compare Ravet to the Elijah Pepper kid from class 2A Selah HS who lost in the state 2A title game to Foss of Tacoma? There both in the same class. ( I have seen Elijah Pepper play)

Comment

• demian
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Feb 2007

The Floyd's played B at the time. Pretty sure Brewster was 1A when Pendo was there. Kispert played 1A in a good conference. I would suggest there was a big difference in competition between King's and Kittitas this past year. I'm all for if a kid can play a kid can play. I saw at least 6 guards in the GSL this past year that were better than Ravet. Not that he's a bad player because he's not. He can fill it up no question. As of now I just don't see him making it at GU. That's just my opinion.
                      Thx for clarifying the pendo and Brewster classification, I thought Brewster was 1A.

Comment

• MDABE80
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

1. Good foot speed
                        2. Lower release sort of like Raivio
                        3. They only film the ones that go in but what range!
                        4. Quick on his feet...ankle breaker plus!
                        5 Really good passer
                        6. Looks he was born with a basketball in his hands. Really good court sense and where his teammates are.
                        7. Hops?
                        8. FT's obviously excellent.
                        9. Ball handler plus!

Needs a better league for development. WOW though.......with these skills and at his age Few needs to run over there pen in hand!! lol

Great future this boy.

Comment

• bigblahla
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                          1. Good foot speed
                          2. Lower release sort of like Raivio
                          3. They only film the ones that go in but what range!
                          4. Quick on his feet...ankle breaker plus!
                          5 Really good passer
                          6. Looks he was born with a basketball in his hands. Really good court sense and where his teammates are.
                          7. Hops?
                          8. FT's obviously excellent.
                          9. Ball handler plus!

Needs a better league for development. WOW though.......with these skills and at his age Few needs to run over there pen in hand!! lol

Great future this boy.
                          He's got an offensive game and if he plays "D" with as much energy I'd agree to the WOW factor....Looks like a great Zag to me.

Go!! Zags!!!
                          "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• 509er
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Mar 2017

I would guess this kid is playing more games against really good competition than he is against B competition with the way HS Elite AAU teams are set up. If he can play, the coaches are on him. I don't think college coaches spend much time watching HS basketball anymore. They just go to the elite AAU tournaments and see everyone at once.

I saw this kid play at the state B tournie. I think he's a blast to watch and will be a fan favorite wherever he goes.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                              • Feb 2007

So... I guess my question would be... what does classification have to do with hitting from beyond NBA range? Oh... and if the coaching staff is on him... I'll trust THEIR judgement on whether he can play at the next level.

Averages 32 ppg.
                              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Working...
                              X