PDA

View Full Version : Withers: Tommy Lloyd reflections

sittingon50
06-23-2017, 07:35 PM
http://en.bloguru.com/GloryHounds/301154/tommy-lloyd-reflections-on-a-nearmiss

Reborn
06-23-2017, 09:18 PM
as usual Bud Withers delivers. A great read. Tommy reflects on the loss to North Carolina. Kind of a painful read in ways as Tommy goes over the last 2 minutes of game play by play.

Ekrub
06-24-2017, 05:12 AM
I don't care if NWG had both of his arms and legs amputated and he had to balance the ball on his nose to take those final shots like a seal at sea world, it was the right call to live or die by him in those final minutes.

2wiceright
06-24-2017, 02:50 PM
I don't care if NWG had both of his arms and legs amputated and he had to balance the ball on his nose to take those final shots like a seal at sea world, it was the right call to live or die by him in those final minutes.

+100!

CDC84
06-24-2017, 07:38 PM
Prior to this year, I used to think that just getting to the title game would be enough to satisfy me as a Zags fan, but I am now beginning to understand that finishing in 2nd place just sucks. Especially because Gonzaga isn't UNC, UK, etc. That might have been the only crack that Few gets to win it all. Even though they are emotionally balanced guys with families to support them, the loss still has to haunt Few and Tommy. It was an opportunity missed.

I used to feel the opposite, but after watching the replay a few times, I noticed what Withers did on NWG's shot that Meeks blocked - there simply wasn't any other option available. UNC had everyone else looked down. I just feel so bad for Nigel. There's no doubt that his ankle was largely responsible for him getting his shot blocked. I have no doubt that if he had his normal elevation, he would've gotten the shot off. It still might not have gone in, but maybe GU could've retrieved the offensive rebound........

I also 100% agree with Withers that if Collins had played 19 minutes, GU would've won. And as we all know, a couple of the fouls called on Zach were horrible. If they have Zach for just 5 more minutes, I think that might have made the difference. But that's the way it goes.