PDA

View Full Version : Podcast with Tommy Lloyd

phxfireflames
06-19-2017, 03:00 PM
"In this episode of Marching to Madness, hosts Blake Lovell and Ken Cross are joined by Gonzaga assistant coach Tommy Lloyd. Topics of discussion include: what made this Zags team so special, the development of Zach Collins, Gonzaga's approach to summer workouts, restructuring the roster heading into next season, the success of recruiting internationally, how the WCC has evolved, and so much more"

http://marchingtomadness.libsyn.com/podcast

ZagNative
06-19-2017, 03:22 PM
That was fun! Thanks for posting the link!

Zagdawg
06-19-2017, 03:26 PM
Thank you for posting!

Reborn
06-19-2017, 05:07 PM
Great interview with Tommy Lloyd. Things I take way from the interview: 1. That the coaches are considering a different style of play than what is normally seen at Gongaga. That would be huge. It could be a style of play with 4 guards, or a pressing team. This would be interesting. 2. High praise for Tillie and Rui. I feel the same way. Lloyd is expecting breakout seasons for them both. The foundation of the team will be JW111, Perkins and Melson. Agree. He really didn't say anything about the other players, and I think the interviewers should have went after that with Tommy. Would have liked to have learned more about the incoming freshmen. 3. The last thing I took away from the interview was that the coaches expect the players to put in some hard work during the summer. 4. Last point was that one reason that they like the international players is because they seem to have a built in attitude of playing team ball which fits into GU's style of play. Wish there had been more on the incoming freshmen and Norvell and Larson.

ZagNative
06-19-2017, 05:38 PM
Excellent digest, Reborn!

sittingon50
06-19-2017, 07:51 PM
Thanks phx.

CDC84
06-20-2017, 08:28 AM
It would be really interesting if someone would do a podcast with Tommy where fans ask the questions. I bet the people of this board could come up with some really good ones that he's never been asked before.

tinfoilzag
06-20-2017, 08:48 AM
It would be really interesting if someone would do a podcast with Tommy where fans ask the questions. I bet the people of this board could come up with some really good ones that he's never been asked before.

The questions would have to be subtle with enough finesse to get some juicy info.

Who are the starting five right now for the upcoming season?
Which players have injuries and what is their status?
Are there interested transfers and if so, what is the % we will sign them?
Who are the highest targets for recruiting and what is the likelihood they will sign in your opinion?

* Tommy - please provide answers in a spreadsheet if possible

GonzagasaurusFlex
06-20-2017, 08:53 AM
Thanks Reborn!

jazzdelmar
06-20-2017, 09:44 AM
The questions would have to be subtle with enough finesse to get some juicy info.

Who are the highest targets for recruiting and what is the likelihood they will sign in your opinion?

Exhibit A. And that's why that will never happen.

TexasZagFan
06-20-2017, 03:12 PM

You working for the other coaches in the WCC? Lol

Ezag
06-21-2017, 07:35 AM
RUI!!!!

zagbeliever
06-21-2017, 01:05 PM
Thanks Reborn