PDA

View Full Version : olynyk and an interesting fact.

soccerdud
06-15-2017, 11:30 AM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/jun/09/former-zag-kelly-olynyk-says-he-didnt-skip-a-class/

so, this was kinda a cool article. yay kelly.

the most interesting thing to me, however, is that in the last 20 years there have been 6 first team all-americans who were also academic all-americans. of those 6, HALF were zags (ko, dd, nwg). wow.

winning on the court and in the classroom. just a part of why i am proud to be a zag.

zagfan24
06-15-2017, 12:02 PM
Thanks for sharing. That's an incredible stat...really speaks to the quality of the student athletes coming through the program.

thebigsmoove
06-15-2017, 12:43 PM
Absolutely amazing! So proud that our guys put as much effort into their studies as they do on the court.

MDABE80
06-15-2017, 02:33 PM
Soccer says.."
the most interesting thing to me, however, is that in the last 20 years there have been 6 first team all-americans who were also academic all-americans. of those 6, HALF were zags (ko, dd, nwg). wow."

This is a spectacular piece of information! Get a banner for it!

ZAG 4 LIFE
06-15-2017, 02:48 PM
The NCAA posted that info on the giant scoreboard at the Final Four, at least
once every game, during a TV timeout...
possibly my favorite memory from that memorable trip to PHX

Mojo13
06-15-2017, 03:03 PM
The NCAA posted that info on the giant scoreboard at the Final Four, at least
once every game, during a TV timeout...
possibly my favorite memory from that memorable trip to PHX

Ya - I thought this was common knowledge? Not sure if they were doing the same thing on the scoreboards at the E8/S16 or it was pounded into my brain with some other article floating out there during March Madness.

zagbeliever
06-15-2017, 03:30 PM
Another reason I love Gonzaga! Such a well rounded school but the focus is academics. Our daughter is a GU graduate with honors as well.

soccerdud
06-15-2017, 04:41 PM
Ya - I thought this was common knowledge? Not sure if they were doing the same thing on the scoreboards at the E8/S16 or it was pounded into my brain with some other article floating out there during March Madness.

mayhaps. when i read it, it sure seemed like something that should have already been seared into my brain-- but for whatever reason i was surprised. it seems i am not alone.

Zagger
06-16-2017, 03:52 AM
Go KO! :)