PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology June 1

Zagdawg
06-01-2017, 07:51 AM
I would be ok with a 5 seed in Boise for the 1st round.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Vanzagger
06-01-2017, 08:16 AM
Our 5 starters are all going to be on NBA radars. Do you think anyone that puts on a jersey and steps in between the lines is gonna be ok with anything other than a 1 seed?

strikenowhere
06-01-2017, 08:37 AM
Our 5 starters are all going to be on NBA radars. Do you think anyone that puts on a jersey and steps in between the lines is gonna be ok with anything other than a 1 seed?

I think that is a pretty darn rosy view of next year's team.

scrooner
06-01-2017, 08:39 AM
St Mary's with a 4-seed. First they have to dethrone the king.

TexasZagFan
06-01-2017, 08:45 AM
St Mary's with a 4-seed. First they have to dethrone the king.

Shouldn't St. Mary's be in CAPS (for now)?

jazzdelmar
06-01-2017, 08:51 AM

Whoa.....surely you can't be serious.

Ekrub
06-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Whoa.....surely you can't be serious.

3 of 5 possibly - assuming tillie, Jw3, and rui are starters

jazzdelmar
06-01-2017, 09:33 AM

Ok, gotcha

sittingon50
06-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Ok, gotcha

And stop calling me Shirley!

willandi
06-01-2017, 09:58 AM

Norvelle has been talked about as a one and done.

Interesting that the Vegas people currently have the Zags in a tie for the 3rd best odds to win the 2018 NC, but ESPN and even many on this board expect a drastic drop off.

We lose Shem, NWG, Mathews and Collins.

Tillie may be better at PF than Collins at Center. We don't know about Larsen, he won't completely replace Shem, but I expect he will be darn good. JW3 will be better than last year. Wade is coming in and will combine with JP to give us really good PG play again. Rui should be vastly improved. Norvelle and Wade are supposed to be snipers ala Mathews. Melson will continue to improve, and as a senior could have a break out year. Ayayi (sp) is supposed to be really good, and I, for one, believe that JP will be a good floor general and a good shooter. Jones could be the odd man out, or he could elevate his game and be a great 6th-7th man.

The Zags could be as good as last year. Will they? only time will tell, but they will be better than some here are giving them credit for...in my opinion, of course.

maynard g krebs
06-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Norvelle has been talked about as a one and done.

Interesting that the Vegas people currently have the Zags in a tie for the 3rd best odds to win the 2018 NC, but ESPN and even many on this board expect a drastic drop off.

We lose Shem, NWG, Mathews and Collins.

Tillie may be better at PF than Collins at Center. We don't know about Larsen, he won't completely replace Shem, but I expect he will be darn good. JW3 will be better than last year. Wade is coming in and will combine with JP to give us really good PG play again. Rui should be vastly improved. Norvelle and Wade are supposed to be snipers ala Mathews. Melson will continue to improve, and as a senior could have a break out year. Ayayi (sp) is supposed to be really good, and I, for one, believe that JP will be a good floor general and a good shooter. Jones could be the odd man out, or he could elevate his game and be a great 6th-7th man.

The Zags could be as good as last year. Will they? only time will tell, but they will be better than some here are giving them credit for...in my opinion, of course.

You left out the kid from Shoreline who outscored Jamal Crawford 39-35 in a nailbiter champ game of the Seattle pro-am league last summer just after his jr year of hs. So yeah, I agree that the team is gonna be pretty good.

willandi
06-01-2017, 10:22 AM
You left out the kid from Shoreline who outscored Jamal Crawford 39-35 in a nailbiter champ game of the Seattle pro-am league last summer just after his jr year of hs. So yeah, I agree that the team is gonna be pretty good.

You are right! Kispert. I knew I was missing one, but was doing it from memory.

JPtheBeasta
06-01-2017, 10:37 AM
With so much indignation about the idea of someone being on the NBA's "radar," perhaps a definition of what that concept means to people would help the conversation. Will someone in the NBA take a look at Perkins? I think they would be dumb not to at least evaluate the guy. Is that being on the radar? Do you have to have a scout sent out to evaluate you to be on the radar? Mentioned on Twitter? There's a lot of room for interpretation for this term.

thebigsmoove
06-01-2017, 10:44 AM
With so much indignation about the idea of someone being on the NBA's "radar," perhaps a definition of what that concept means to people would help the conversation. Will someone in the NBA take a look at Perkins? I think they would be dumb not to at least evaluate the guy. Is that being on the radar? Do you have to have a scout sent out to evaluate you to be on the radar? Mentioned on Twitter? There's a lot of room for interpretation for this term.

I think ultimately a guy who gets run in at least summer league/training camp would be on the radar, IMHO. In that respect we got probably 2 guys for sure (JW3, Tillie), maybe more, but they have to prove themselves.

gon2mt
06-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Anyone know about Kispert's health following surgery - full go or any limitations at this point? Same with Larsen - any worries about health? Are they both playing at this point at full strength?

Vanzagger
06-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Just got back from South Point

Duke 5/1
Kentucky, Kansas, Mich St. 10/1
Zags 12/1

This is a current line. Mich St opened at 20/1

DixieZag
06-01-2017, 06:21 PM
I think I'd roll the dice against a 5 seed, hoping for as high as a 3, and preferring a 6 to a 4-5 seed. But, the 4th highest team to win the NC? That's insane IMO and has to be name recognition, and most regular gamblers thinking we have most our guys back, not on the odds guys really thinking we'd get that far. We all know the odds makers play the marks, not the game itself.

Ekrub
06-01-2017, 06:30 PM
Just got back from South Point

Duke 5/1
Kentucky, Kansas, Mich St. 10/1
Zags 12/1

This is a current line. Mich St opened at 20/1

Wonder if some of that early money is priced into those odds-bets taken before Collins and NWG left

Vanzagger
06-01-2017, 07:19 PM
There is probably some truth to that. I BET the algos factored in a guy or more leaving early when the line was initially set. That's got to be why Mich St. went from 20 to 10 when some kids returned.

Reborn
06-01-2017, 09:20 PM
nothing new about ESPN rating us low. what else would you expect. They fired the one guy who liked us most.

I'm quite happy with the low rankings. It's a good place to be imo. People really don't know about us yet. It's nice to see how St Mary's is a 4 seed in the west. Them and Arizona are the only teams out west right now. That's a place for the Zags to aim for. It sure helped us to play out West last year. I prefer playing in our Time zone more than anything.

Go Zags!!!

maynard g krebs
06-01-2017, 10:26 PM
I have a feeling SMC is going to miss Rahon more than a lot of people think. Of course they'll still be good, but he was the glue on that team and somebody's gonna have to step up and replace his backcourt leadership.